PDA

View Full Version : I Believe I have been Hacked!

Vealmonkey
07-12-2009, 01:21 PM
I keep getting messages in my email that email is not deliverable, but it is not emails that I have sent. What should I do? I have norton 360 but this is pretty strange. I have never experienced anything like this before. I'm up for suggestions from the computer gurus on here.

Daddio
07-12-2009, 01:36 PM
I keep getting messages in my email that email is not deliverable, but it is not emails that I have sent. What should I do? I have norton 360 but this is pretty strange. I have never experienced anything like this before. I'm up for suggestions from the computer gurus on here.

I just ignore those. Junk mail sucks. I have an email address that I've had for 10 years and 99% of the mail I get in it is junk.

Howdy
07-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Here is a good online scan to check your computer. Hope it helps.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/us/index.html

You might find someone else's computer is hacked and that computer sends out emails with your email address. If you can get the source info for the original email then you might be able to figure out what computer sent it. Need IP info out of the email.
Howdy

cybrman
07-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Don't worry about those nothing you can do really, someone else managed to spoof your mail server and the message never made it so you get the notification.

Here is a great explanation
http://www.olympus.net/olympusnet/olympusonly/spoof/undeliverable.html

Vealmonkey
07-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the replies. I though something had gotten into my computer and my norton 360 didn't catch it.

Yamahondaman
07-12-2009, 02:34 PM
There's a Hacker here where i work ... you would not BELEIVE the thing's he show's and tell's me about the thing's people and him do on the WWW !
you might need a Hacker to look at you PC .. "they" know where to "click" unlike "Shmo's" like me... them guy's GIT other people IP Addy's and go from there... DON'T OPEN MAIL that you don't know who it's from !!
:beer

Erics350x
07-12-2009, 07:55 PM
download and run hijack this .

chris200x
07-12-2009, 08:29 PM
usually I just keep mark it as spam in my eemail. eventually they stop. guess it works like some kind of filter or something.

hancadam
07-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Howdy is right, run the Trend Micro House calls scan. It will pick up almost anything.

A lot of virus's have there own SMTP mail server to send out spam from an infected PC. Thats the point of most virus's, generate spam. If you are getting a ton of messages that are undeleverable something may be sending messages from your PC.

Highjack this is also a good program but you need to know what your looking at to make it useful.

300rman
07-12-2009, 11:54 PM
ahh, gotta love Gmail. almost ZERO spam of my 5000+ spam messages a week get through to my inbox.

daniel_250r
07-13-2009, 01:21 AM
i have one solution that will solve this, buy a mac and never look back!!! i'm running an imac 24 inch its the real deal

philmoore
07-15-2009, 11:04 PM
i have one solution that will solve this, buy a mac and never look back!!! i'm running an imac 24 inch its the real deal

I am using a mac right now and the OP problem is happening to me.

Some azzhat took my email address, and is using it in the "return" address when they send spam. When a mail server is using a blacklist or rejecting spam with a return to sender option, the "returned" mail is coming back to you because it thinks you sent it (because your email address is in the return field, by no fault of yours).

What I did, is setup my spam filter in my email client to divert any email with a "from" address that is my own directly to my delete folder.

I have my mail server at work setup to reject any mail that does not dns reverse.

For example, a person gets a hijack that is sending spam from their personal computer, as though it is a mail server, when the spam is sent, the computer name is in the connection header. When the hacked computer says "helo" to my mail server, and it says it's name is "jacks.computer" or "home", or "dell.valued.customer" etc, I do a reverse on that name, and it will fail. All those messages get rejected.

Also, I reject any message from a server named anything but .com, .us, .gov, .org, .net. So all those wankers in the mid east, or where ever that have a server named bizcore.nl or spamu.br etc, will get rejected.

Go to microsoft.com and download windows defender and "malicious software removal" tool. Do scans with those to terminate some junk.

If you are visiting questionable websites, don't allow or install any active x controls in order to watch the videos.

Erics350x
07-15-2009, 11:25 PM
someone hack my wifes yahoo messenger and has been sending crap to here contacts.