PDA

View Full Version : Calling the Mantis...

Bryan Raffa
07-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Those AMA Pro Tour guys already know their rules. For the Amatuery Events on Saturday our friends from the Beaverdale Hillclimb will be taking care of rule enforcement. According to Risk Management these guys have their act together and know how to ensure a safe, yet fun event. Our idea of having Rocky the Race Clown from Black Rock Speedway handle it didn't fly well at the last Board meeting.

Here is the general outline from Beaverdale containing the information you are required to follow.

Show up on race day with your bike (ages 4 and up). Registration will be between 8AM to 9:45AM July 25. Get there early because registration will close exactly at 9:45AM!
Enter a class or classes up to 3

Bike must have:
--Rounded clutch/brake lever ends
--Functioning front brake
--Tether kill switch. (available at race)
--Rear fender must cover the center of the rear axel.

ATV's Must Have
-- Functioning front and rear brakes.
-- Front bumpers must be of a tubular design no sharp protruding edges
--Rounded clutch/brake lever ends
--Tether kill switch. (available at race)

You must have boots above the ankles, long sleeves and a helmet.

We follow AMA rules very close but maintain OUTLAW status so if in the future we are AMA sanctioned it will be an easy transition.

http://xtremehillclimb.com/

YAMAHONDAMAN

chris200x
07-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I'd go.. just to watch those two pretty triz's tumble back down the hill! :lol: :D :acr

Bryan Raffa
07-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Easy Hill.. IMO

chris200x
07-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Invite brapp for a little excitement then! :D :lock:
http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1084527/

Bryan Raffa
07-23-2009, 09:27 PM
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

AutoXer
07-24-2009, 12:11 PM
"Our idea of having Rocky the Race Clown from Black Rock Speedway handle it didn't fly well at the last Board meeting."
LMFAO

Louis Mielke
07-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Dude, that looks like kids stuff.... Maybe i auta come up. hmmm...

ditchmud
07-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Dude, that looks like kids stuff.... Maybe i auta come up. hmmm...

Looks can be decieving. I would like to see some video of someone climbing this hill. Do you know of any video footage on you tube?:D

Louis Mielke
07-27-2009, 06:52 PM
No haven't seen any video but trust me I've fallen down plenty of hills, that one doesn't look like it will break too many bones. haha!

Derrick Adams
07-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Pretty sure Max looked into this and they said NO 3 WHEELERS!

Mrs.Mosh
07-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Pretty sure Max looked into this and they said NO 3 WHEELERS!

They dont have them fan dangled rules at Wellsville....:p
But..Them hills at Wells arent that smooth either....shens

TimSr
07-27-2009, 11:06 PM
I stopped out there many years ago on the way home from Hillsville. No trikes allowed back then, as I had mine in the truck. The hill is easy to climb, and almost everybody made it, but the winners were determined by the time. They used a laser trip start to finish, kind of like an uphill drag race. Also, about halfway up was like a flat spot that amounted to a step jump. At that time Banshees ruled the quads.

joshco84
08-01-2009, 02:00 PM
its not a technical hill, but might be hard just to keep everything headed in the same direction. Looks to be a little slick, easy to spin out. But if you could keep the right end headed forward you should be good.

Wish we had a good climbing hill out here. Looks like fun to me!!

Yamahondaman
08-01-2009, 04:36 PM
HA HA .. The Mantis would like it but you can't jump it like them TALL Thing's..
The Banshee's are all Motored Up with them Cheetah Cyl's and what not,, VERY FAST

ditchmud
08-22-2009, 05:30 PM
How did this event go? Did anybody attend, any race footage, come on inquiring minds want to know!