PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

SeaBass8
07-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Ok so I buy an item off eBay and Im not pleased with the condition of the item.

Sellers description:

2002 Honda CR80 : FORKS : : These Need New Seals & Fork Oil, no dampening because there is no oil in these at the moment.... Bottoms look good and straight and have no pitting in the chrome, tops have some scratches but no dents..

What he fails to mention is that the bushings are so bad that the fork guards have worn groves into the upper tube of one of the forks. And on one fork the adjuster screw on the top is broke off.

So Im looking at about 60+/-$$ for the bushings, adjuster, and a clip that goes on the tube. Not including the seal kit and oil I was expecting to buy.

Paid 95$ Shipped.

I have not contacted the seller yet.

Do I give him positive feedback and move on?

Do I tell him I'm not pleased and try to get a partial refund?

I have the option of returning them but then I'm out 40$ shipping (round trip).

Am I nit-picking here and this is how eBay goes?

Interested in seeing your opinions.

Thanks.

dcreel
07-27-2009, 11:59 AM
when buying things off of Ebay, I always think the seller is a liar and it is my job to get additional pictures and ask the questions that I feel I need answers to. The seller obviously should have put the damage in the listing though. I would contact him tell him of the situation and see what he is willing to do.

old-yellow
07-27-2009, 01:34 PM
I would tell him that your not pleased with the description that he gave and that he did not mention about the damage to the part and see if he will at least give you half of your money back.

Dirtcrasher
07-27-2009, 02:29 PM
John, I pretty sure you'll get a full refund and will only be responsible for the return shipping.

I had to use PAYSLUT twice last year for people that blatantly lied. You can even ship them back snail mail as long as you have the delivery confirmation number for Paypal to proceed. You'd probably lose about 16-20$.

Have you been looking long? I'd think you could find a bit better deal than you were dealt............

If there that bad, I would return them.......

EDIT - You also have the upper hand, he's the seller and can't give you bad feedback (which is a horriblew flaw within EBAY - another day...) But I have wrote people back and said, "hey, I want XXXX$ back or I'm gonna get a full refund AND leave you bad feedback, your auction was misleading). It has worked a few times :D

SeaBass8
07-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Emailed the guy that his description lacked a few details and he made it right. No problem.

rt66parts:D

ditchmud
07-27-2009, 10:21 PM
I like a happy ending! Me, I usually fly off the handle about stuff like that. I need to learn tact like you have.