PDA

View Full Version : how do you set the timing on a honda z-50?

xxxCALI86250rxxx
07-28-2003, 11:49 AM
i feel so embarrased :oops: i tried to time it by putting it at t.d.c. and then putting on the head but the valve timings still off!, DAMN FOUR STROKES!!!, lol

250sxRacer
07-29-2003, 10:40 PM
im not one hundred % sure this is right but if it like all the other hondas it is. when your putting the head back on make sure the cam lobes are down. then on the cam gear there are to markes that should be level with the head. then on trailprotrailpro left side case cover you will see to caps that unscrew u look in the on tho line up t (timing mark) with the dask on the other one. the other cap when removed there is a nut inside so u can turn the engine to line up the marks. hope this helps. james

86350X
08-06-2003, 01:31 AM
I actually just did mine,,,,,,,,, You want your flywheel key to be pointing straight towards the Cyl. head, if the flywheel is on then you want the T mark right at the index mark at the top of your left crankcase,,,,, Then you line the O mark on the cam sprocket up with the notch at the very front of the cylinder head,,,,,I get the chain lined up right then get the cam where it needs to be. You'll know when you get it right, if your off even one tooth it won't look right...... Good luck, and if you dont see an mark n your cam sprocket then flip it around,,,, its there trust me,,,,,,, Let us know if you get it.....

xxxCALI86250rxxx
08-06-2003, 11:47 AM
i got the 1969.....z 50 running great. thanks guys.