PDA

View Full Version : Attack of the KILLER spiders.....

Dirtcrasher
08-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I went out to the shop the other day, went to remove the lock and found this:

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/100_0202.jpg

Looked like a brown recluse, but I've never seen a spider that big aside from a tarantula in a cage. It was HUGE!

The side plate he is hanging out on is 2" x 3"s tall. Then I see the other side, where her babies are hatched.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/100_0203.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/Dirtcrasher/100_0200.jpg

HAD to be a couple hundred kids there. If I had 200 3" long spiders, I'd be under my covers with a couple of cats :lol:

I go out at night and open that lock with no light sometimes, I would have chit if that thing jumped on my face.

I locked that shop at 10PM and this was about 12 hours later that "IT" made a home and had kids. THATS FAST, must've been a C section :D

Bryan Raffa
08-02-2009, 01:58 PM
get some carb cleaner and a lighter!!!!! Holy CHIT!

Lord Letto 20
08-02-2009, 02:13 PM
trailpro trailpro trailpro trailpro ! People wonder why i'm So Scared of Spiders, That is Why. Good thing I Live in Canada i Guess.

Dirtcrasher
08-02-2009, 02:30 PM
^ Give me your address, I mail him to you :lol: either that or it's going in DEEPA's truck when he isn't looking :D

Lord Letto 20
08-02-2009, 02:34 PM
NO WAY! I'm not having any Dangerous Creatures up Here Invading Canada!:lol:

chris200x
08-02-2009, 03:21 PM
arachnaphobia movie comes to mind right there. :D I'd be moving outta town and buying all new chit! hahaha!!!

oldtime3wheeler
08-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Lord Letto I've been fishing up in Canada. I've never seen spiders like the ones I saw up there. They were huge.
Dirtcrasher I agree with Raffa, torch them.

Lord Letto 20
08-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Really? What part of Canada? There could be big spiders up here, but are they poisonous? because Size scares me a bit but what scares me more is that i don't know if they are poisonous and/or Deadly!

oldtime3wheeler
08-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I was in Ontario about an hour north of Thousand Islands bridge. Dont think they were poisonous, but could probably give one heck of a bite.

Gearheadtom
08-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I get barn spiders almost that big in my garage all the time, but I kill them before they get to big.
I have also been noticing a spider around that I call a banana spider (because it looks like it crawled out of a box of bananas). It's black, except for some yellow on it's back. Anybody know what it is?

RodKnockRacing
08-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Thats nuts damn i hate spiders kill em

brapp
08-02-2009, 05:10 PM
dude it does look liek a brown recluse kill that trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro before the babies get too big they coudl killyou someday spiders freak me out!

chris200x
08-02-2009, 05:22 PM
I dont think its a recluse. (pics) They say they don't live this far north but my neighbor was bit by one at work a few years back. thats still one nasty spider.. whatever it is..

oldtime3wheeler
08-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I get barn spiders almost that big in my garage all the time, but I kill them before they get to big.
I have also been noticing a spider around that I call a banana spider (because it looks like it crawled out of a box of bananas). It's black, except for some yellow on it's back. Anybody know what it is?

Growing up in an area of woods and creeks we used to see them all the time. I forget there real name, but we called them creek spiders. I still find them around my house in high wet weedy areas.
I dont know if it was a brown recluse. Last year I found a large similar looking spider in my yard turned out to be a Nurse spider or something like that. The one I found wasnt poisonous.

Dirtcrasher
08-02-2009, 05:58 PM
^^ Yes I agree, I think it may be a Wolf Spider?? Brown Recluse are just that, very BROWN.... Not spotted like this A-Hole..... :lol:

Believe me, IT and IT'S kids were dead in 2 minutes after the shot. Brake cleaner without any flame worked just fine. It's also great for BEES nests, sprays far and 3$ a can instead of 7$ for RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID!!!!!!!!

Let me tell ya, a couple hundred of them or even a dozen would have really SUKED to have around the shop. I've never seen anything like it and how fast it appeared was just phenomenal!!

hancadam
08-02-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't think wolf spiders make webs like that. Normally they make a funnel type web on the ground. Also, I have seen wolf spiders carry all their babies on their backs.

Eric250R
08-02-2009, 08:39 PM
It's a wolf spider, they're all over the place here.

jeffatc250r
08-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I dropped it off when i came over, figured you would like it :lol:

Macs
08-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I thought i posted right after you started this thread but i guess it didnt stick.

It is not a brown lecuse, not a wolf spider...... That is a typical creek or wood spider. I am not sure of the technical term but they will not harm you. You can grab him and if he so happens to bite, it will look like an ant bight.

The BL loves very dark and damp places. You might find it in a shoe, pantry, basement etc. They will never make themselve that visible, or grow to that size or be in daylight. Most everyone who is bit never, ever see's it ( i have been bit about 12 times, tx what can i say). wood spider ( which i think it is ) eats on small bugs like termites. They bury themselves in wood structures waiting on wood eating bugs.

hinddee29
08-02-2009, 10:28 PM
A female wolf spider looks like a small tarantula can get to be the size of a 50 cent piece. Well at least at my house is about the biggest I've seen.

Bryan Raffa
08-02-2009, 10:32 PM
reminds me of the black widow that was in the tri-z air box I got from CA...

The Goat
08-02-2009, 10:44 PM
To the banana spider guy, that's what we call em! They lay a thick yellow web across trailsdown here that you will regret driving through. In autumn it's common to grab a small tree or large branch and ride with it in front of you while in tight trails.

I'm allergic to wasps, but spiders just creep me out. Terrifying and getting bit sucks. Rattlesnake or tarantula, I'm going with the snake... Screw those spiders.

Glad you got em before they got you steve. Evil buggers.

Thorpe
08-02-2009, 11:18 PM
3M spray adhesive works great for knocking out bugs too! Good for a laugh as well...

Bunnyhop
08-02-2009, 11:34 PM
It's a fact: Walmart carb cleaner will kill every bug known to man, instantly! If it can kill the invading hoards of Asian ladybugs instantly, you know it's good. I don't know DC, that abomination looks like it's been feeding on toxic race gas.

Dammit!
08-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

MagicJames
08-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Yeah i got stung by a bee in my ear on friday, and about 30 seconds later, the old fashioned carb cleaner was wiping out a bees nest the size of a basketball.

HAHA i got the last laugh, Fother Muckers.

fabiodriven
08-03-2009, 01:19 AM
Christ, DC. I'm not coming over anymore... I just started to cry knowing I was over there yesterday. (sob)

honda250sx
08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
First people are unwanted at steve's house. Now spiders. Next is going to be cats. Insanity!

rdlsz24
08-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I hate creepy crawlies. Raffa you came in close range of a Black Widow? Damn I would have pewped.

Rob

Dirtcrasher
08-03-2009, 01:27 PM
You guys come over unannounced, your getting a spider in your front seat.

Call me more than 2X in one day, he's getting mailed to you :D

mongoosesks
08-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Look at all these grown men afraid of a little itty bitty spider :lol: You guys do realize your at the top of the food chain don't you.

I like spiders they eat annoying flying bugs like flies, moths, ect. I have come to an agreement with the spiders at my house. They can go anywhere as long as its not in the kill zone. The kill zone includes my bedroom, the workshop, the floor, or below the kill line which is the first 6' feet above the floor. Additionally if there is a web over a week old and has not caught a bug it is removed.

The Goat
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM
And they are plotting your death in the attic.

Some guy called the hotel the other night to complain that his wife was bit by a spider on hotel property. Outside mind you, in the trees where she was doing god knows what. He was an ass looking for a free nights stay... But he's like, my wife's arm hurts bad and she has this red streak going up her arm...

I cut him off, "rather than looking for a free stay from us, you may wish to rush your wife to the hospital... Sounds like a black widow bite to me" dead silence on the other end. "seriously?" "yeah..." "......HONEY!" Trashy ass people.

fabiodriven
08-03-2009, 02:42 PM

Some guy called the hotel the other night to complain that his wife was bit by a spider on hotel property. Outside mind you, in the trees where she was doing god knows what. He was an ass looking for a free nights stay... But he's like, my wife's arm hurts bad and she has this red streak going up her arm...

I cut him off, "rather than looking for a free stay from us, you may wish to rush your wife to the hospital... Sounds like a black widow bite to me" dead silence on the other end. "seriously?" "yeah..." "......HONEY!" Trashy ass people.

:lol: That's one way to handle it!:lol:

RedRider_AK
08-04-2009, 12:28 PM

Goat comes through in the clinch, I laughed. Thanks man.

300rman
08-05-2009, 01:40 AM

Me, being a supreme Douchebag, wouldnt have said anything. let nature clear out the dumb ones.......

Yeah i got stung by a bee in my ear on friday, and about 30 seconds later, the old fashioned carb cleaner was wiping out a bees nest the size of a basketball.

HAHA i got the last laugh, Fother Muckers.

best thing for a beesting is an Onion. cut it in half, mash it up a little to get it nice and wet, and rub it into the sting. takes the burn away, and takes the swelling away, all in about 5 minutes!

on the topic of large spiders, when my dad was a kid, they had a spider that lived outside, near the corner of the house. i dont remember what they named it, but the body was much bigger than a 50 cent piece alone. they let it be, and it lived there for a few years, eating mass amounts of other bugs.

hondawasaki
08-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Kill it with fire!!!!.......much cooler than brake clean!

Dirtcrasher
08-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I honestly didn't have a problem with ONE HUGE MO FO spider, it was the hundreds of babies that were gonna grow just as big that frightened the hell out of me :lol:

RedRider_AK
08-06-2009, 04:59 AM
Yo Dirtcrash, how you be? Long time no talk. Ever get around to doing something with that 87 200X motor?

DixiePlowboy
08-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Wish now I had taken pictures of any of the many Black Widows that inhabit my carport. I caught the fattest one I've ever seen 2-weeks ago with a pair of needlenose pliars and put her in a jar.....before i poured gasoline in and lit her up:).

I'll get another soon for ya'll.

code200k
08-09-2009, 12:23 AM
^^^^ ^^ p.e.t.a. is going to see this thread somehow and make an even worse name for 3 wheelers........ screw it i hate spiders

Dammit!
08-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Wish now I had taken pictures of any of the many Black Widows that inhabit my carport. I caught the fattest one I've ever seen 2-weeks ago with a pair of needlenose pliars and put her in a jar.....before i poured gasoline in and lit her up:).

I'll get another soon for ya'll.

I bought a 250r and a 225dx last year that were infested with huge freakin' black widows. Of course I didn't spot the first one until my face was up close to one of them. God I hate those things. I soaked both bikes down with extremely soapy water about 30 seconds later. Best way to kill any bugs that are infesting something you don't want to damage.

MarcyOne
08-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Females lay up to 3,000 eggs in one or more silk egg sacs.
There are some spiders that are big but harmless to human
and there are those tiny spider that there venom can be fatal
to human body.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z50/emerwtm/ER_tribal_banner_1.gif

Tri-ZNate
08-12-2009, 08:01 PM
DC, his ass got burned. Babies and all. Rust-o-leum clearcoat and a lighter

Got back from riding the big red and his furry butt was on the garage. Atleast 1/2 the size of my palm