PDA

View Full Version : Video editing help?

Dammit!
08-05-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm trying to edit some more helmet camera footage using Adobe Premiere PRO CS3. I'm trying to figure out a few basic things. I've never used this app until yesterday so I'm really on the ground floor right now. If anybody here is familiar with this app you'd save me a lot of trouble if you could point me in the right direction on a couple things.

I figured out how to edit the length, add titles, transitions, etc.

What I haven't figured out yet is how to change the size/resolution of the video. I can set the resolution of the new project but then my vid just appears with black borders around it. I want to re-size the source vid.

Also, even if I do nothing but chop the vid to make it shorter, the quality is effected. It never looks as good as the raw footage and the sound is usually delayed. I tried turning off the compression. I don't know maybe I didn't do it right.

There's some good tutorials out there but they neglect some of the really basic stuff. This isn't the most intuitive app in the world. It's pretty damn confusing when you first get into it.

atctim
08-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Doug - this is no help to you I am sure - but by the looks of nearly every video I have seen by 3WW folks - they are edited with Windows Movie Maker. You can tell by the text and default colors of backgrounds no one ever changes.

Just hated to see your question go unanswered for so long - but I am guessing this is why.

Best of luck pal.

Dammit!
08-05-2009, 11:03 AM
I know. I don't like WMM either though. It has at least one of the same problems for me so far (degraded video quality). I went with Adobe Premiere because it's supposed to be one of the best and I'm a big fan of Photoshop so I figured it would be a relatively easy transition. I'm starting to make sense of the interface but there's just those couple of little things I haven't figured out yet.

ditchmud
08-05-2009, 09:15 PM
I have been using windows movie maker for my projects. Have you posted any videos up yet I would like to see them. Also I haven't forgotten about making that local video of your old stomping grounds. Just been busy.

SeaBass8
08-05-2009, 09:21 PM
I can't help you with your app but I used DivX to make a couple of movies that worked pretty good for me.

Dammit!
08-06-2009, 02:20 AM
I have been using windows movie maker for my projects. Have you posted any videos up yet I would like to see them. Also I haven't forgotten about making that local video of your old stomping grounds. Just been busy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg9dQgAaW5g

I have a lot more and better footage but I need to edit it down first. I'll figure it out. My free time is just minimal right now so I was hoping someone had been through this with Adobe already. Actually if I could just fix the sound sync problem alone I'd be in good shape.