PDA

View Full Version : This economy blows....

Thorpe
08-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Spending the day at home today due to a lack of work in our shop... THIS SUCKS

fabiodriven
08-05-2009, 12:10 PM
That sucks, man. I know alot of people in your situation. I count my blessings every day. Good luck to ya, hang in there.

beets442
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Know what you mean, been used to making good $ and reduced to unemployment running out or being taken by Gov. Mitch Daniels.(Mitch the Biotch) Had to go down state and rally for benefits to have them change the wording on legislation to take unemployment away!!!WTF 300,000 people rely on it when times a tuff. Hope your end gets better!! Beets

Yamahondaman
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Been on 32 Hrs for 4 month's now .. not good when the Wifey can't be taken out to eat every now and again.. they GIT MAD when there's no money to eat !!
It's kinda funny that Gas Prices don't seem to GIT below 2.70 a gallon when sooo many people are out of work or have reduced Hrs.

Thorpe
08-05-2009, 04:04 PM
My wifey and I havent been out in 5 months... Weird, my baby boy is 5 months.... I am gonna get drunk tonight.... I almost hope to get laid off, so I can collect unemplyment, and go back to school...

Lord Letto 20
08-05-2009, 05:41 PM
here's what people do when they have no cash to buy a ATV because of the Economy: http://oshawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-other-1994-nissan-dune-buggie-W0QQAdIdZ146890112. :crazy: They turn their old car in to a Dune Buggy:lol:

ditchmud
08-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Ive been in your shoes untill just last week when I finally went back to work. Ive been off most of this year and now they are talking overtime. Maybe things are beginning to look up. I hope things get better for everyone.

KASEY
08-05-2009, 10:56 PM
i work 44.5 hours a week,, i have for the 4 years i have had this new job.... i bailed out of a small company 4 years ago to move to phoenix,,, good move,, the company i use to work for is gone!!!! so i am smiling :p

vamp1093
08-06-2009, 12:21 AM
I lost my job at a local refinery in Feb of this year (I was an operator) that closed do to bankruptcy. I loved that job, but now just down to working my business. Work there has been slow but still going.

Hope that things for everyone in here turn around soon.

corndawg
08-06-2009, 01:43 AM
here's what people do when they have no cash to buy a ATV because of the Economy: http://oshawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-other-1994-nissan-dune-buggie-W0QQAdIdZ146890112. :crazy: They turn their old car in to a Dune Buggy:lol:

did you offer your xbox for it???

i feel your pain man, been outta work since january, talked to one of the guys that is still working at the factory, he said they worked 16hrs last week, 16hrs?? what are you supposed to do with that pay check

hondatrike0
08-06-2009, 12:48 PM
i was layed off in jan, i recieved an email stating that if obama won there would be layoffs and if we wanted to keep our jobs we should vote for mccain. no trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro yes this happend. on jan 5 i was layed off. i just had a baby girl on dec 30 and yet i was layed off so they could hire a mexican for 7.00 dollers an hour cheaper. i ran a service dept with over 300 pices of equipment.i maint everything on time, made chicken saled out of chicken trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro non stop and saved them a bunch of money. what did i get not only layed off but they wanted me to train the new mech for free. this is the problem with america. to solve it we should just blow california off the map and set an example. caifornia is the perfect example of whats wrong with america, there debt exceeds every other state, there laws dumb and all those tree huggin hippies need to just move out to burning man permanetly.
im tired of all of this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. america needs some old school reform. real reform solve the problem not bury them in the sand. wasnt california the first to ban atc????
i dont know but it sounds like the truth lol. everyone stay positive, despite my money wows i have bought a double wide trailer to live in lol and things are good. make a little money for some gas and go ride during the day party all night, and it seems im more free than i have ever been. first time in 14 years.

everyone the economy will come back,and its up to all of us to kick ass when we go back to work.

Thorpe
08-13-2009, 11:50 PM
On the up side... Got a buddy wanting to pay me cash to help him out for the next 6-8 weeks will collecting some of those unemployment bennies.... Gonna make better money than if I was still at work... WTF...

ditchmud
08-14-2009, 04:32 PM
i was layed off in jan, i recieved an email stating that if obama won there would be layoffs and if we wanted to keep our jobs we should vote for mccain. no trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro yes this happend. on jan 5 i was layed off. i just had a baby girl on dec 30 and yet i was layed off so they could hire a mexican for 7.00 dollers an hour cheaper. i ran a service dept with over 300 pices of equipment.i maint everything on time, made chicken saled out of chicken trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro non stop and saved them a bunch of money. what did i get not only layed off but they wanted me to train the new mech for free. this is the problem with america. to solve it we should just blow california off the map and set an example. caifornia is the perfect example of whats wrong with america, there debt exceeds every other state, there laws dumb and all those tree huggin hippies need to just move out to burning man permanetly.
im tired of all of this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. america needs some old school reform. real reform solve the problem not bury them in the sand. wasnt california the first to ban atc????
i dont know but it sounds like the truth lol. everyone stay positive, despite my money wows i have bought a double wide trailer to live in lol and things are good. make a little money for some gas and go ride during the day party all night, and it seems im more free than i have ever been. first time in 14 years.

everyone the economy will come back,and its up to all of us to kick ass when we go back to work.

You have got to be kidding right? You lost your job because Obama was elected before he was even sworn into office? Your company was going to boot you for cheaper labor no matter who was elected, but if it makes you feel better;) I suggest you don't spout of too loud about blowing anything off the map or you might find yourself behind bars or in the mental ward. You lost your job and I am sorry and hope it turns around for you. I hope that venting here helps also but you need to blame the company that laid you off. Their greed is what cost you your job and nothing else. Hopefully it will be a costly mistake for them:D