PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Shee???

lokisbuddy
08-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Ok I have been thinking about this idea for sometime now. A guy on Bansheehq just built a yfz450 with a banshee engine so why can't I build a Tri-Z with a banshee engine? Will this work?
Here is what I have planned. I want to stuff a stock bore 4mm stroker shee motor into a tri-z frame, I want to wrap it in pro circuit pipes, and throw a +5 swinger on it and make a duner/drag trike. Any input on this idea? If you think it's a dumb idea explain why don't just critisize it.

dcreel
08-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Try the search button.

fabiodriven
08-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Y'know, I really like this idea and it's something I've always wanted to do. I know it's been discussed on here before because I have seen it, but I searched it and couldn't find anything. I wouldn't mind discussing this a bit further.

jeddy
08-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm building one right now, but have been sidetracked with getting my buggy and truck done. Biggest problems I have ran into are the downtube between the pipes and radiators. I plan on getting some radiators off some kind of 450 four stroke bike, but will use the stock Tri-Z's for now to get it going. Also, you'll probably want to relocate the fuel tank. I have a tri-zinger tank, but I'm thinking it won't hold enough fuel and the petcock will not be large enough to provide adequate fuel when doing prolonged dunes riding. I have some OOF drag pipes to get it going, but my plan is to cut and reweld some FMF's so they look somewhat factory and make it a lot easier to ride in trails. I could take pictures of it, but right now it's apart and there's really nothing to see.

fabiodriven
08-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Awesome, man. Them's some useful little tidbits right there. Once it starts to come together I'd love to see some :pics: .

300rman
08-06-2009, 11:24 PM
you can build anything you want. just depends how deep into the rabbit hole you wish to dive.

lokisbuddy
08-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Do you guys think this bike will produce usable power or will it be something that is only suitable for dune/drag? I think it will be alot easier to just hack a banshee frame and reweld it to a z front end.

fabiodriven
08-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Do you guys think this bike will produce usable power or will it be something that is only suitable for dune/drag? I think it will be alot easier to just hack a banshee frame and reweld it to a z front end.

I would try to make it as all-around ridable as possible. Good for trail riding and pit riding and all that good stuff. I totally think that is possible.