PDA

View Full Version : Just got a KX420!!

Dirtcrasher
07-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I'll probably just part it out on EBAY but the price was right and it sat in a garage for 17 years!! Huge front forks and a disc brake - the things crazy. If anyone wants anything I may part with the dinosaur,LOL!!

YTZ250#1
07-28-2003, 09:16 PM
what year?does it run?how much?any pics?

Dirtcrasher
07-29-2003, 06:53 AM
what year?does it run?how much?any pics?

I don't know the year till I get it - 1981 or so. Kid went to jail in 1988 and dad sold me the bike. It had been in has cellar for 15 years and the last he knew it wouldn't start without a new stator which I've been told is quite common for the old Kawi. Pics tonite or tomorrow.

YTZ250#1
07-29-2003, 07:25 AM
LET ME KNOW PRICE.

Jeb
07-29-2003, 09:26 AM
DirtCrasher, thats Awesome! you should keep that old bike or sell it complete to someone who'll appreciate her.

You just never know what some people have in their cellar, attics, sheds, barns etc... etc... etc... :-D

Dirtcrasher
07-29-2003, 10:00 AM
DirtCrasher, thats Awesome! you should keep that old bike or sell it complete to someone who'll appreciate her.

You just never know what some people have in their cellar, attics, sheds, barns etc... etc... etc... :-D

I just keep finding these things - Honestly though I buy them to sell them to buy parts for my 3 wheelers. And now that I finally have a real trike MX machine - 250R - I'm even more stoked to build it up :twisted:

mxc495
07-30-2003, 07:16 AM
Don't part that bike! There's actually a pretty big interest in the old open class bikes for vintage motocross. Check the AHRMA's website if you want to sell.

Dirtcrasher
07-30-2003, 07:19 AM
Don't part that bike! There's actually a pretty big interest in the old open class bikes for vintage motocross. Check the AHRMA's website if you want to sell.

Whats there site?? There are a few really nice parts on this thing which someone could appreciate. Thanks for the help.

Dirtcrasher
07-30-2003, 09:51 AM
LET ME KNOW PRICE.

It's getting parted - thats the only way I'll make 400$ or more on the deal. Unless someone wants to pay the 400$ and can have it all.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner

mxc495
07-30-2003, 10:36 AM

Whats there site?? There are a few really nice parts on this thing which someone could appreciate. Thanks for the help.

http://www.ahrma.org also try the Motorcycle Swapmeet page www.calvmx.com/guestbook

Dirtcrasher
07-30-2003, 09:35 PM

http://www.ahrma.org also try the Motorcycle Swapmeet page www.calvmx.com/guestbook

Thanks - I checked them both out and placed an ad - I'll wait a week or so before I put it on EBAY and maybe someone will be very happy to get a part off of this bike.