PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Car update.... *****PICTURES*****

Howdy
07-28-2003, 10:08 PM
I just got word the 1/2 a car is at a friends salvage yard. I don't know what all was done to it but do know a few things are missing. I am heading out there in the morning to find out if it's salvageable. If so I probably will own it once again.
Howdy

short4stuff
07-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Nice, That will be good :twisted:

G-MAN-1
07-28-2003, 11:18 PM
hey howdy thats great. but what ever happened to you meetimg me at trikes place. you never e-mailed me back.?

Howdy
07-29-2003, 10:13 AM
hey howdy thats great. but what ever happened to you meetimg me at trikes place. you never e-mailed me back.?

G-Man, I had told the wife I was going there 2 weeks ago. But she forgot and made some reservations for us. She didn't tell me until Sunday morning. She wanted to suprize me. That she did. I wasn't happy. Sorry!!

Back to the car: I went and seen the 1/2 car this morning and I am completly shocked. I had to come back home to get a camera and snap off some pictures. It is in pittyfull shape. I can't fix it, so it is being crushed this morning.
Here is a picture:
http://phatvsalvage.hypermart.net/TrashedCar/TrashedHalfCar01.jpg

Those are not fake bullet holes either. I stopped counting at 100 on the one side alone. I would say there is 300 - 400 bullet holes in it. argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

More pictures can be seen here:
http://phatvsalvage.hypermart.net/TrashedCar/

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Howdy

TimSr
07-29-2003, 10:22 AM
Did they actually buy it to use anything, or is this all they bought it for?

Howdy
07-29-2003, 10:28 AM
Did they actually buy it to use anything, or is this all they bought it for?

I know he did drive it quite a bit in the one field. Anyone that drove, rode or seen the car knows it was a classic. To do such things to it as he did is beyond reasoning. If I had any clue to him doing this it would still be at the shop.

I forgot to add he shot the motor with at least 30 rounds it's self. I seen swiss cheese with less holes. Bastid anyways. :(
Howdy

ATC crazy
07-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Man...sorry to hear Howdy. :( So whats next...a 1/2 van would be cool.

Dan Tenn
07-29-2003, 01:37 PM
I did the same thing to a 1986 Honda Accord. It ran, but barely the head was warped bad. The junk yard would only give me $25 in running condition. I was pissed, so I scraped everything worth a nickel and put a brick(500) of .22 shells into it. Later that evening when it was dark I dropped it off at the junkyard. It was well worth the $25 I would have got from the junk yard.

Billy Golightly
07-29-2003, 01:44 PM
Man Howdy...That sucks...Thats why I get so attached to everything I own and never want to sell it...because I know someone is going to beat the hell out of it and then leave it in the weeds to rot. I'm sorry man :evil:

Howdy
07-29-2003, 02:03 PM
This kid was told that I would buy it back if he sold it. But he never called at all. The part that I don't understand is, he paid me $400 for it and not even 4 weeks later gave it to the salvage yard. I sure wished I had $400 to just throw away like that. I do know he has a $1500 85 250r he just bought 2 weeks ago. I bet it's not worth $20 the end of next month.
Money is money but I won't sell good parts ( If Ihad them ) knowing he probably will trash them like that. I would rather send them to a good home.
Howdy

NOS_350X
07-29-2003, 02:29 PM
you all have to think positively

Maby it was stolen :(

YAMAHA_Jim
07-29-2003, 10:29 PM
I feel bad for the red machine, but this also means its time to build something new and improved for next year.Cavalier,neon??? R.I.P. ole friend.

AirManCam
07-30-2003, 11:54 AM
That sucks ass. I remember my dad tore down a 86 350x and made it perfect then they junked it! i was so dang pissed! i bought it back though :D

AirManCam
07-30-2003, 11:56 AM
That Bites arse. I remember my dad tore down a 86 350x and made it perfect then he sold it idk why but he did then they junked it! i was so fu˘king pissed! i bought it back though :D

Ace Mon
07-30-2003, 10:38 PM
What an ungreatfull punk . I remember when you sold it you thought it was to be in good hands . I'm kinda pissed , and I had no stake in it at all . Then the bastage riddles the web address with bullets !!!! Well boys I say we form a possee !

PowerTrike
07-30-2003, 10:41 PM
Really sorry to see that Howdy. Doesn't make sence at all to me. :o Are you planning for another possible 1/2 car?

J.D.
07-30-2003, 11:51 PM
The trike haters are out in force!!!!!

AirManCam
07-30-2003, 11:59 PM
How can you ruin something that is one of a kind!?

kilabeez0
07-31-2003, 09:03 PM
can someone tell me the story? it looks like all it was, was a FF drive car chopped in half and had a trike front welded to the back...care to elaborate?

AirManCam
08-01-2003, 12:40 PM
HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE HALFA CAR WAS/IS!

Howdy
08-01-2003, 03:13 PM
can someone tell me the story? it looks like all it was, was a FF drive car chopped in half and had a trike front welded to the back...care to elaborate?

It was made as you stated ( only a lot more involved ). We made the car as a joke out of a totalled car. The car had been rear-ended. We had built it for the Kenton Coon Dog Trials and flee market. You have to have been there 5-10 years ago to understand. lol

Here is the shortest version I can do to explain: At Kenton it used to be you could drive anything around. Being as everyone considered me a "Red Neck", I had to make something to prove them right ( you have to know my whole history of making things that do work ). lol

At Kenton is was nothing to see a lawn mower with 2 flat tires driving around pulling a large deep freezer with wheels as a trailer. I took "The Wrecker" ( 88 trx125 with no fenders and bald tires ) originally. Then I made a Red Neck trailer just for Kenton. After a few years we wanted something a little more Unique. I had made a trick car for a friend and ask if I could borrow it. That car is cut into 2 and is held together with 1 piece of wire. when the wire is disconnected the rear falls off and the front drives away. The people loved it. How ever the car didn't run for crap.

So we decided we wanted our own 1/2 a car that ran good and looked better. Not 2 months later a friend got rear ended and her car totaled. We was able to buy this car for $75 from the insurance company. We cut off 99.9% of the damaged part and fabricated the rear wheel. We took it to Kenton and everyone loved it. If we would have $1 for every picture taken of the car we would have a few $1000 in our pockets. People stated " I thought I seen everything at Kenton before. Now I have." It very quickly became a classic. One person ask " What is the story behind this contraption?" Thinking on my feet I answered " I used to sell Used Cars and lost my ARSE!!" . The guy was laughing so hard at that point we knew we needed to remember that comment. lol So that is the story that I have used for years.

We only had the chance to take this 1/2 a car to Kenton 1 year. The changed the rules about rides the next year. They did this because a few people got run over by idiots on 4 wheelers going 20-30mph. For 3-4 years we tried to sell it for $250 but got no takers. So we just drove the car around the shop ( we still had people stop and get pictures and ask questions ). That was until TF02@Haspin. As a joke I decided to take it down there. When I got it down to Haspin everyone loved it. Every where that car went the people would stop and watch it drive around. Then when you pulled a reverse wheelie they would look in aww. You couldn't take the car for a drive without people looking. A few people from the site stated the car as was the new 3WheelerWorld mascott, so I painted the logo on the car.

We decided we really didn't want to sell the car anymore. When this kid ask about it. Pickle told him he didn't want to sell it. The guy said Everything has a price. Pickle said $400 ( remember we couldn't sell it for $250 before ). 4 - $100 bills was paid within 2 minutes. I wasn't happy to sell it.

I have since decided that I need to make something different. Pickle and me are kicking some idea's around but nothing is set in stone. How ever, I am currently re-making a golf cart ( The Howdy-Davidson ) for Kenton ( only 4 weeks away ). Golf Carts are the only thing your allowed to drive. The golf cart was electric powered but now has a 250sx motor implanted in it. And yes it is a 3 wheeled style ( I got a reputation to up-hold ). It will have all sorts of "Red Neck" Tecnology in it. 99% of the time I prefer to build things the right way. But for Kenton "Red Neck" tecnology is the only way to go. You just have to have went to Kenton to Understand.

Here is what the cart looked like before this years modification:
Me driving:
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/sMisc027xHowdyDavidsonHowdy.jpg

Pickle Driving:
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/pppics/sMisc026xHowdyDavidsonPickle.jpg

Yes it is being made as a hill climber. lol

Sorry for the long post. If I posted all the info it would have been longer. ;)

Howdy

AirManCam
08-01-2003, 05:44 PM
"The Howdy-Davidison" Hahhaa I like that a lot howdy! Man a golf cart with a 250sx motor lol. :D

NOS_350X
08-01-2003, 08:18 PM
at our vacation house everyone drives golfcarts around and there are several harley golfcarts with modified HD engines in them (its prety sweet whent hey can do a 3rd gear burnout)

AirManCam
08-02-2003, 09:57 AM
Hahaha for real? Didnt harley just make the 3 wheeled golf carts?

Howdy
08-02-2003, 12:35 PM

Yes, But they didn't make them with their motorcycle engines in them. They were regular tame golf cart motors.
Howdy

NOS_350X
08-02-2003, 03:55 PM

they make new ones also (with 4 wheels)

AirManCam
08-03-2003, 11:28 PM
I know they were just golfcarts lol. I thought they just made ol' 3 wheelerones though. Thats cool. My brother just bought a 18000$ harley wideglide! That sucker is nice! :D