PDA

View Full Version : Australain ATV Action Magazine

Aussieduner
08-10-2009, 08:08 AM
At Sundpuppi's recent trike gathering i was asked about Australian ATV Action magazine that i write for, it has a deadicated trike feature (normally 2 - 4 pages) each issue called " Trike Central" and a readers rides page where you get to be featured with your machine, the upcoming summer issue (your winter) will feature Sundpuppie's ride with pics by Ditchmud !
Heres the link for the mag.

http://www.magshop.com.au/ATV_Action.htm

Macs
08-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I have been a subscriber for a few months now. It has turned into my favorite mag. For those that doesnt have a subscription, i suggest you get one. it is well worth the $25.

Aussieduner
08-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I have been a subscriber for a few months now. It has turned into my favorite mag. For those that doesnt have a subscription, i suggest you get one. it is well worth the $25.

Awesome, glad u like it , i think its kind of rare to find a mag with trikes featured nowadays. Ive had a few US riders featured in the past so happy to have more, email address for submission is in the mag.

Tony

ScottZJ
08-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah its the best ATV mag out there cuz they actually still care that trikes are out there. And of course they got a killer dude like Tony to help it out hehe. Nice job mate, like always.

Bryan Raffa
08-15-2009, 08:41 AM
:naughty: Aussieduner spotting in western NY:w00t:

sandpuppi101
08-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Hope you guy's are taking good care of Aussie while he's visiting you guy's Raffa.. I would'nt want to see him picking up any bad habit's from you guy's...:lol:

chris200x
08-15-2009, 10:55 AM
He comes all the way from Austrailia to take pics of your trikes,, and you guys give him a Coors Light? :crazy: :banned: :lock: Where's the REAL beer at? :lol:

Tri-Z 250
08-15-2009, 11:42 AM
I did let my DW re issue laps....the Mag has lost my interest. I was tired of seeing the SAME builds....with the SAME stuff, in a different color. DW theory must be based on if you don't advertise with us we won't showcase your product. There must be at least 3 builds that I can recall costing over $15,000 and a stock seat....lol. I don't think the Editor of the Mag knows of a different seat covering bussiness besides Quad Tech(paid advertisement). I like the 2-4 pages of 3wheeler info...sounds like your already keeping it fresh with articals of the people. Not to rip, but thats where DW lost me. When the new issue would come I found myself just looking through the readers rides....just to see a 3wheeler. Common people can't buy NEW every year...sure it's nice to see the 450 shootout, or the 2 bike vs challange. I believe in 10 years the Banshee and the 400ex pitted themselves yearly(both machine virtually unchanged) till the 660 Raptor came out (almost a word for word recap of last years artical)...then it was 5yrs of the 400 vs 660. Please don't fall into this rut....Sure off the rack sale of the new bikes sell....Subscribers are looking for section and articals to bond with 3wheeler people are deadicated and loyal....Sounds if you market yourselfs right....and keep a real understanding of Vintage ATV's...or ATC. You should do well in America...Don't know to much down under...but through your mag maybe I could learn.

Example: I talked with the distributer of Ohlins shocks...Wow how this guy bragged about quality, workmanship, and custom shocks. So I pulled out MY Axis rear for a Tri-Z and said can you build this.....Answer NO unless he had a parts spec sheet done by the factory...he looked on line(nice try) to his Factory...still NO. He then went as far to say well if this was for a Vintage Racer we would have the part....I looked at the guy and replied you should get to the local track...It's starting to become larger than it was 20 yrs ago. Well he runs the National GNCC and doesn't hit the locals often.....This is what I'm talking about....Not staying intouch with your suroundings. The Nationals are filled with DEEP pockets...The local guy who wants to run with the OTC can run his STOCK equipment with BLOWN shocks...sure placks are given to the winners....I pat the guy on the back in lasts place and ask did you have fun? Thats what its about....Not huge motor homes and budgets to match. It's keeping intouch with the common subscriber. Yeah in the motor coach you will find 1issue of DW or your mag laying around....walk around the pits to the guys with the beater truck and I bet he has an issue too....Now count the difference in the number of smalltimers to big timmers(even true at the National race level). Articals that you can relate too keep interest...yeah we all like to dream about the BIG TIME. To bad it doesn't come on a Bolongna budgit.
I'll look into your mag thanks for the link.

Aussieduner
08-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Any free beer is good beer im my book :-)
Having blast on my US 3 Wheeler Tour, off to the Unadilla MX to see my fellow Aussie "Chad Reed" win again, go aussie go !

Anywayz subscribe if you can as lots of trike content is garanteed in future issues.

Tony

Twilight
08-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey Tony, you plan on coming to the US and ride with the Pilot-Odyssey group again? We miss you bud!

Case on me if you ever decide to, also your always welcome to ride my Pilot =)

-Tony (Twilight)

Aussieduner
08-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey Tony, you plan on coming to the US and ride with the Pilot-Odyssey group again? We miss you bud!

Case on me if you ever decide to, also your always welcome to ride my Pilot =)

-Tony (Twilight)

Hey there
Im actually off to California tomorrow to meet up with fellow Pilot owner Frank Wood (FrankoATV), we may be doing a Pismo ride before i go back on the 20th.

Tony

PS
I saw Chad Reed win today, that was awesome plus ran into guy from my home town ( he was wearing an Australian flag ) so small world, kinda funny to hear our accent after all these weeks here in the US...:wondering
One of my ventures here in the US.....
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/Aussieduner/TRX/AussieTanning.jpg

Tri-Z 250
08-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Well you look relaxed and not so tan...The :cool: may indicate a happy ending. Unadilla is a Historic track...At 1st practice the grass is wheel high. At the end of the weekend the ruts are wheel deep. How was the Hill People Party:twisted: crazy I'm sure of it.

Twilight
08-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Man Tony we need to get the groups back together, after Kiowa's board shut down we ahve the small group at Hosers place and thats it. Man If I would have known you would be in town i would have taken my vaca and gone down there, havent met Frank before.

Seriously though, out large group of riders is very small now =(.

P.S- Any chance you could send me a Honda NSR from down in australia? haha I know you got a hook up on shipping large machines, :naughty:

BTW, my home town is Darwin. Maybe you can come up to Oregon one year and we can tear up the trails.

Cheers!

petesatc
08-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Have a good one Tony:beer

Aussieduner
08-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Having a blast Pete, i will mail that lid out for you when i get back on the weekend, its ready to ship.

Cheers
Tony

NOS_350X
09-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Aussie Duner, When are you or did you already go to Pismo? i would try and join you.