PDA

View Full Version : SUNL 70 atv

1985BigRed250ES
08-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey guys my 6 year old cousin has a Sunl 70 fourwheeler. It had a new engine put in it last year. it has ran great and always has been a reliable quad. He was riding it last weekend and it shut down on him. He thought that it was out of gas but it wasnt. I went over to his house today to work on it to try to get it running again. It is getting spark and it is getting gas into the float bowl on the carb. I can crank it over for a few seconds and pull the plug and its not even wet. what would keep gas from getting into the cylinder? :confused: I tried taking the carb off and spray starter fluid directly into the intake while cranking it over and it still will not start. :crazy: Does anyone know how much compression the 70cc engine should have? it looks like a honda 70cc knock off motor. if anyone has any suggestions they will be greatly appreciated.

Jordan

1985BigRed250ES
08-15-2009, 10:05 PM
oh yea and the spark is bright blue in color

1985BigRed250ES
08-16-2009, 05:43 PM
ok guys it will start now but it will run great while it runs, it may be flooding a little bit and when parked an hour or so, it will not start. it can sit overnight and it will restart until it is shut off and wont restart for a while.