PDA

View Full Version : anybody into boats/know prices?

code200k
08-17-2009, 04:38 PM
i have almost two complete vovlo penta 270 outdrives and one whole volvo penta 130 4 banger along with a half parts block.the one complete motor needs a rebuild badly.the other just needs to be finished.only thing is that i have no way of testing the outdrives to be sure if they work or not.but everything is good condtion it seems.i have them on craigslist for best offer now does anybody have any clue what a good price is? i have pics but im still working on making a photobucket

Macs
08-17-2009, 04:47 PM
I havnt been in a while but i can ad some insight. One good way to check the outdrives is too look for any play. Check to see if they have water in the oil or they are low. Any signs of leakage. Thats is about the best you can do. Since the internels are unknown i would offer a money back warrany for 2 days or something. that way the buyer can check them out. The last out drive i sold for $500. Of course the economy was better than. On the engines, you will do so much better on selling the parts and then try to give away the blocks or scrap them. Riser are going for $300-$400 if they were fresh wter used. You can always make pretty good on all the accesories, intakes, carbs, hydraulic units, etc...

Edit: I want to ad that this is about the norm down here. New york is a totally diffrent world. Everything up that way is over inflated in my opinion. From what i heard people in new york pay $2500 for a small apartment and here you would be living in a 4000-5000 sqft. home. Of course that might be in the middle of NY city, just what i heard.

code200k
08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Edit: I want to ad that this is about the norm down here. New york is a totally diffrent world. Everything up that way is over inflated in my opinion. From what i heard people in new york pay $2500 for a small apartment and here you would be living in a 4000-5000 sqft. home. Of course that might be in the middle of NY city, just what i heard.

thats just in the city im up north by 90 miles..but the things is i have seen the outdrives in ok condtion sell for 900 plus on egay and the motors went for 650 in running condtion couple went for 500 needing work.these parts i got here are old and hard to find.alot of the older bayliners got em pre 1980s

Macs
08-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Down here a complete, running bayliner goes for about that.

code200k
08-17-2009, 09:09 PM
damn.i gunna have to go down there for a boat

code200k
08-20-2009, 11:14 PM
bump... if anybody on 3ww wants these ill sell or trade for cheap

code200k
11-05-2009, 06:37 PM
bump anybody want em