PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally in...

MyMistress86R
08-17-2009, 09:30 PM
My unit finally found me a decent job slot, so I am swearing in to the Air Nation Guard on Monday, August 24th at 11am. It's been a very long time coming, but should be worth it for the security and stability it offers.

Macs
08-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Congrats man. Right now that is the best place to be. You have the most stabil job out of any of us.

ProCarbine2k1
08-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Wish that you would have called, but none the less- good luck! You are going in to a great unit. What kind of position did they end up finding for ya? TC

MyMistress86R
08-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Sorry about not calling Jeff. I just got so damned busy with other things and lost my phone for a while. Contact with everybody was quite limited for a couple of months. The base commander requested a single Power Production slot for the airwing and had very specific requirements for who he wanted in the slot so I got the call because I exceeded even his needs. According to Swoope and Bob Dille, its a very good slot to have.

ProCarbine2k1
08-18-2009, 02:04 PM
No biggie, glad you got a spot. Power production is a great job to have, you shouldn't have a hard time getting a job on the outside (unless you already do with this stuff) with that training.
Are they sending you to Sheperd AFB? I can't remember if you have to go through Gen. Elec. Principles at Keesler or not, but if ya do- it is a very nice place to stay. I didn't realize that you know Bob Dille, I should have guessed! I know Bob pretty well, tell him that I said hi. And like I said, if you need anything- just give me a holler!

MyMistress86R
08-18-2009, 03:27 PM
If Shepard is in Texas, then yes, that's where I'm headed. Its an 8 week course. Nothing was said about anything anywhere else. Yeah, I've known Bob for quite a few years now. He was very helpful with all the red tape I had to go thru to get approved in the first place.

hinddee29
08-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Good to hear. I was wondering the other day if you ever got a postion when I seen a C-130 flying over my house. Good luck.

Shane

MyMistress86R
08-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Well, that was fun...got screwed by internal politics and didn't get in today. Gotta friggin love it...

smokinwrench
08-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh dang sorry to hear that, just means something better is coming.

JasonB
08-25-2009, 03:38 PM
congrats! hope it works out for you

MyMistress86R
08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
OK...this is like watching a tennis match...I'm back on now...base Colonel came in today and said "Hey, this man was promised this slot, so it's his." I'm on the schedule to swear in on Thursday now.