PDA

View Full Version : gun control- ADDED SNOPES LINK

300rman
08-18-2009, 10:39 AM
New link, also added to my newest post in this thread.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

they are trying to slip an amendment into the federal income tax forms that will require you to list the guns you own, and could also come with a 50 dollar/gun tax!

Gun Control has started !!!!

Gun Control has started. Senate Bill SB-2099 will require us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax form all guns that we have or own. It may require fingerprints and a tax of $50 per gun. This bill was introduced on Feb.. 24. This bill will become public knowledge 30 days after it is voted into law. This is an amendment to the Internal Revenue Act of 1986. This means that the Finance Committee can pass this without the Senate voting on it at all. The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage, http://www.senate.gov/ You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099. You know who to call; I strongly suggest you do. Please send a copy of this e-mail to every gun owner you know.

<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text Congress is now starting on the firearms confiscation bill. If it passes, gun owners will become criminals if you don't fully comply.

It has started.

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House. This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because the government is trying to fly it under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

-It is registered -You are fingerprinted -You supply a current Driver's License -You supply your Social Security # -You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing -Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail. -There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. -They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family pass this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take our guns, then only the criminals will have guns. HR 45 only makes us all less safe.

<http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

<http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

<http://www..govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Please... copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA, whether you support the Right to Bear Arms or are for gun control. We all should have the right to choose.

fabiodriven
08-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Yikes. Thanks for posting this. I only hope we can avoid this going through.

The Goat
08-18-2009, 02:28 PM
old news...and a lie.

If you bothered to be a member of the NRA rather than just posting this nonsense, you'd know that it was a lie 20 years ago, and it's a lie now.

And yes, it is my job to bust your chops every time you post something whining about it and don't do anything to fix it. lol...sorry that's life.

Macs
08-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Goat, you stole my thunder.

fabiodriven
08-18-2009, 03:25 PM
Well that's good to know.

300rman
08-18-2009, 04:09 PM
old news...and a lie.

If you bothered to be a member of the NRA rather than just posting this nonsense, you'd know that it was a lie 20 years ago, and it's a lie now.

And yes, it is my job to bust your chops every time you post something whining about it and don't do anything to fix it. lol...sorry that's life.

nothing i can do to fix it, other than spread the word around and raise opposition. you say vote....i say for who? 99&#37; of politicians want the same thing.

its like "hey lets impeach obama"

then you get Biden......what a winner!

then you get....god forbid....pelosi.....

The Goat
08-18-2009, 04:17 PM
wtf are you blabbering about...I simply stated that if you were a member of the NRA you would receive a weekly email debunking bullshit like this.

Rather than spending your ten dollars a year, you'd prefer to just whine about it. Every member the NRA has is one more person who they can throw in the face of a politician when lobbying.

But no, whining on the internet is the solution... Bleh

SeaBass8
08-18-2009, 04:29 PM
"The full text of the proposed amendment is on the U.S. Senate homepage, http://www.senate.gov/ You can find the bill by doing a search by the bill number, SB-2099"

Just for fun I tried this. I couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe I'm not searching in the right area.

300rman where did you find it?

Thorpe
08-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I am a NRA memeber...

The Goat
08-18-2009, 05:21 PM
good on ya...now get a lifetime membership for that pesky invisible guy who lives in your house who goes by your initials. lol

Got my hands on some freememberships a while back...I think I signed up everyone and their mother.

AutoXer
08-18-2009, 06:13 PM
When the time comes to take back our country I'm in .... I'm not ready yet but Hopefully soon I will be I know everyone talks a big game on the net and to there friends. I don't know how it will play out but I see things going way bad for the US in the future so stock up and get ready just in case

TravEX
08-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Do not fwd or send any info about HR45 or this 2099, they are both dead! They may sound real and legit, but they are not. I am currently trying to compile a factual email to send out in a mass email about these 2 issues and others. Do not spread untruths, please, just causes panic and fear.

Thorpe
08-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Hey Goat! My 5 month old son just became a NRA member...

harryredtrike
08-27-2009, 11:00 AM
anyone here who loves freedom please join the NRA.we need a power lobby in washington to keep them honest.just my two cents

Gearheadtom
08-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Here in Canada, we have the gun registry, and all of my dad's gun are registered, but neither my uncle or grandfather have any of there guns registered. The problem with the gun registry is that if only tells the government about registered guns, they know nothing about unregistered guns, the ones criminals use to rob banks and such. So whats the point, it's all the good guys that have there guns registered.

The Goat
08-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Hey Goat! My 5 month old son just became a NRA member...

Lol good man.

I ha my paid membership, but when I found those free memberships, I signed up every conscious person in my address book.

It's just very VERY irritating to me when people piss and moan about every little thing but then take a completely apathetic approach to changing things. I'm happy to say senator David vitter knows that I'm the guy who gives him hell when he steps out of line, bu for a politician, besides the occasional hooker scandal, he doesn't make many mistakes with policy.

300rman
09-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey GOAT, This was just found this on SNOPES as being TRUE. so much for it being a lie, unless snopes is lying about it too.....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/blairholt.asp

TravEX
09-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I believe I had mentioned this before, yes, HR45 is true, BUT, it has no backing, no co-sponser, as is dead in the water, for now. Tune into Guntalk and Gun Right Advocates podcasts for accurate info.

The Goat
09-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Thank you for pointing out this kid would rather point out stupid ignorant trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro rather than joining the NRA.

If you spent half the time writing or calling your representatives that you spend searching for articles that prove me right. We wouldn't even have to deal with this trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro.

Stop posting articles, start doing what I said.

Thank you trav.

hancadam
09-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Yup, you really need to join the NRA. If you say you support the 2nd amendment but aren't in the NRA, your either a hypocrite or clueless. I am not trying to be mean or a prick its just the truth. They are the only group that can fight for our rights with real power. We have to have somebody lobbying for us to the douches in Washington.

TravEX
09-17-2009, 10:25 PM
If the NRA had 12 million members, gun owners would never have to worry about a thing. Everyone join, you may not agree with all they do, but they are our only weapon in this fight.

wheelie king
09-18-2009, 08:41 PM
If the NRA had 12 million members, gun owners would never have to worry about a thing. Everyone join, you may not agree with all they do, but they are our only weapon in this fight.

That's right. I have stayed out of this fight till now, but that's it.

JOIN THE NRA. Strength in numbers, baby!

Check one- _ Gun owner or _ Victim

Thanks

TravEX
09-21-2009, 10:55 PM
http://www.nraila.org/obama/