PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else DESPISE UPS Shipping?

ProCarbine2k1
08-19-2009, 05:58 PM
UPS absolutely drives me nuts. I have never had good luck with them, but sometimes I get stuck with them anyway...
Aside from losing two sets of new riding gear (luckily, BTO Sports filed a claim with UPS and sent me my stuff again), taking almost a month to ship a chainsaw and bar from Oregon- I can now add to the list that they have taken a week to send a 2hp Neptune boat motor..... 30 miles.

Yeah, I know that I should have picked it up- but it saved me a little gas money, and wasn't something that I had to have the next day. Ah, just venting. And for those of you that work at UPS- no harm intended toward you.

TrailerRider
08-19-2009, 06:41 PM
To expensive! :banned:

Thorpe
08-19-2009, 10:45 PM
X2... They suck.

tanks350x
08-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Out of all the stuff I've purchassed online for my X a good portion of it was shipped with UPS and honestly, I never really had a problem with them. It's probably just your branch that isn't that good... just my .02

racerxxx
08-19-2009, 11:30 PM
I will ONLY ship with UPS, haven had a lost package in years. I've be shipping with them for over 15+ years at work and they only ever lost 4 packages over those years and we ship at least 4-5 packages a day, 5 days a week, and they never missed a Saturday delivery. I have got burned a few times on overnite's not making it there by the 10:30 AM delivery time but they still got it there that day. Everyone says their too expensive, yes they are, especially if you go to the UPS store(they mug you), but I have daily pick up and the prices are very reasonable IMO. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes with them, now if you had said USPS I'd be right on you ban wagon, I've gotten screwed by the post office more that once, plus their tracking system sux!

PS: No I don't work for UPS either.

Macs
08-20-2009, 10:59 AM
The only parcel service i hate more than UPS is Fedex!!!!!

fabiodriven
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Out of all the stuff I've purchassed online for my X a good portion of it was shipped with UPS and honestly, I never really had a problem with them. It's probably just your branch that isn't that good... just my .02

x2 Roy. Never had a problem. Now USPS on the other hand....

topless
08-20-2009, 11:27 AM
The key to UPS is insurance and signature confirmation. If you don't pay for those 2 services, you are gambling.
I use UPS everyday and I insure anything of value more than $100. In 20 years, I've never had a package lost. Proper packaging helps there. When I ship to a residence, I pay the $1.75 for a delivery conformation, that way the driver has to get a signature, not just throw it on the porch, ring the bell and leave.
Fedex is a joke. USPS is ok, but they have limits on insurance that aren't high enough to cover some of the items I ship.

Billy Golightly
08-20-2009, 11:34 AM
I've had waaaay more trouble with the US Mail then UPS. I use to have TERRIBLE luck with Fedex, but they've gotten much better in the past 5 years and are actually pretty darn good now.

rdlsz24
08-20-2009, 11:58 AM
I don't use them very often since I don't sell a lot of big stuff but I have good luck when I do.

Rob

johnny's X
08-20-2009, 12:09 PM
use Fedex!

job security for my wife

Saul
08-20-2009, 12:55 PM
UPS are on their last day of 'looking' for a my 4.0 gallon desert gas tank they've lost on me. After today, since obviously they won't find it, I'm up trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro creek without a paddle. Tanks lost, moneys gone.

Never will I use UPS again - even if they found this tank and filled it with premixed gas for me for a week - I'm done with 'em!

daniel_250r
08-20-2009, 01:34 PM
usps is cheap but the tracking site will only tell you it shipped and won't say where it is or when its coming, ups is overpriced but quicker

Dirtcrasher
08-20-2009, 03:38 PM
It MUST be based on where you guys live or something??

Last year, I honestly spent about 6K on ATC parts and they all got delivered using all 3 services. Nothing got lost, nothing took forever (although Parcel post can take nearly 12 buisness days) and a couple of times they damaged the box. But, that was usually parts that were not packaged well at all.....

ProCarbine2k1
08-20-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with my UPS hub, but could be wrong. When my gear was lost(2sets), it was somewhere in Illinois. When my saw took almost a month to get to Ohio, it sat almost a week in either Indiana or Illinois, can't remember.

I sell quite a few saws on Ebay, and have had great luck with USPS. My biggest problem with them is that their customer service at my branch isn't the greatest- but has been A LOT better lately. I advertise shipping with Parcel post, and most times I upgrade to priority- seems to help with positive feedback.

When DHL was still around, they seemed EXCEPTIONALLY fast. A guy that I used to buy parts from when I raced, always used DHL and the stuff always got to me pretty quickly. The guys that delivered were pretty rough looking at times haha, but never let me down!

factoryX
08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
well fed ex isn't any better, when I tried shipping my tri-z motor through them they tried telling me that in order for me to ship the motor they would have to charge me for them to pack it never mind it was already packaged.