PDA

View Full Version : track rules and regulations??

Daltons200x
08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
hey, i was just wonder what the rules for the trike racing at smith road are? like as far as what has to be on there? like my freind races quads and he needs to have the kill switch teather,nerfs, and full rear fenders to race. my trike doesnt have any of those. do i need to get them?

also, i tried the serch thing but i got very confunsed. so if theres a threat about this alreadys could i be directed at it?

TimSr
08-20-2009, 09:26 PM
I always post the track rules in the first post of every announcement thread I start. My first post here, outlines the track rules, for equipment, and race gear required. As far as class rules, we set those up and can explain any questions. http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=99618

You do need a tether kills witch at all tracks, though Smith is lax in enforcement. Nerfs are not required, and only a few guys run them. No one has ever asked about running with no fenders, but my guess is that they wouldnt turn you away for not having them, but Id seriously recommend getting something on there, even if you have to cut up a bucket!

Daltons200x
08-20-2009, 09:39 PM
alright thanks alot..i knew there had to be it somewere but i was lookin for hours and could seem to find it.( my brain is kinda freid at the end of the day). ill do my best to find fenders. and i do ahve full race gear from motocross im just worried about them turning away the bike. i would have fenders but a new set of rears i just cant squeeze in the budget in time.

TimSr
08-20-2009, 09:52 PM
alright thanks alot..i knew there had to be it somewere but i was lookin for hours and could seem to find it.( my brain is kinda freid at the end of the day). ill do my best to find fenders. and i do ahve full race gear from motocross im just worried about them turning away the bike. i would have fenders but a new set of rears i just cant squeeze in the budget in time.

What kind of trike do you have? Maybe somebody has an old crappy set you can zip tie and patch up that is close to that doesnt require shipping.

Daltons200x
08-20-2009, 09:57 PM
i just have a little 200x. i was planning on doing full cosmetic resatoration along with the new top end. but once i got hot and heavy into the motocross stuff my extra cash dreid up fast

heres what it looks like atm
http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/rednecks200x/000_0014.jpg

and i know i need rear brakes to race..im currently bidding on a cr80 rear brakes on ebay to get that done

atctim
08-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I could hook you up with a ragged out set of rear fenders at the track if you plan on coming for Smith Road. Just let me know. They are far from perfect and have some zip ties, but they are far better than the lack of............

Daltons200x
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
really? that would be a great help. and yes im trying very very hard to be at smith road for the labor day race.

atctim
08-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Just let me know a day or two prior to the race so I can remember to bring them

Daltons200x
08-20-2009, 10:48 PM
alright thanks alot. i really hope ic an get everything together in time. and ill deff be on the few nigths befor talking it up cuz if im goin im gonna be soo excited. ive never even ridden with another trike befor let alone raced them. or seen the 450's : O

seadoo650
08-20-2009, 11:15 PM
I could hook you up with a ragged out set of rear fenders at the track if you plan on coming for Smith Road. Just let me know. They are far from perfect and have some zip ties, but they are far better than the lack of............

DITTO!:welcome: