PDA

View Full Version : Just for MY clarification.... :-)

350x'inNY
08-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Let me summarize the thread that disappeared.... bicker bicker.... na nan ananna... boo hoo.... I'm telling... no your not.... my sites better than yours, etc etc etc

Here's the only post worth reading in the whole 6-7 pages. I rarely post over here anymore, but want my opinion heard. Too much typing and plain truth to it all to be deleted!

PS...who's the OP anyhow???

Doesnt this post need to be the FIRST to put in that new forum? HAHAHA I think its so freakin sad to see all these one sided remarks from people I USED to like. Its a freakin community that we are....NOT sites! Get a life people.....we are hear to band together for a passion we all love and adore. I get so sick and tired of hearing the he said....she said childish crap from both sites or fighting like children.
Now is one site better than another.......well each has its good points but thats not what they are here for........they are here for:
help with a project build
show off your sexy trikes
sell off nice goods
chat with fellow trike lovers
set up rides and events

It makes us (and I mean US as triking community) look bad when others see all the bickering and fight amongst sites. I have been on both since the beginning of time (or so it seems haha) and love them both. I have met tons of people and have gotten along with them all......even ones I didnt think i would. Please dont tear the community down just cuz you dont like a site or a certain person.

Oh on a side note.......as you can ask everyone on .ORG I never cared nor liked the fight club, but its due to me not caring for negativity....nothing good comes out of it.....BUT that is my opinion............peace
Keep it on 3...........

This has to be about the only post on these pages worth the time to read. I was so glad the day the fight club on org got password protected.... so I couldn't even see the last thread name that was posted.

I can tell you the frustration I get on these sites these days has me about to the point of having my wife or 13 day old daughter change my passwords and walking away from them all. It is that fricking ridiculous.

I haven't even found where my name gets brought up in this thread yet after 4 pages, but really... so frustrated with all the bickering, let me simplify it here.

I like trikes, get along with just about everyone (unless you do me wrong), and like fixing, riding, and restoring 3 wheelers. Fight Clubs or whatever you want to call it just make us all look like hillbillie freaks that belong on Jerry Springer. I like the old school way of things.... you got beef, use a phone or pm instead of getting into a peeing for distance contest for all to see.

The language and attitudes on the forums have slid downhill too... I remember when these were "family" sites... not swearing, beer drinking, other non family crap thats here.

The way I see it, if you don't like the mods or things on a site, it's a free country.... go somewhere else. However, don't try to bring me into your issues with others. You hate the banned and nameless? fine.... that's between you and him. I've had enough of having to explain my positions on things. Should you get rights reduced because you go to another site and say "Hey... drop the drama and let's wrench and ride?" I think not. So if you haven't noticed, you don't see me around 3ww or org much anymore.... thought I finally got rid of those feelings and have things good at foolers... guess time will tell.

Bruce

PS... don't post anything you want me to respond to.... you want clarification pm me.

ProCarbine2k1
08-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I feel the same way, I think Scott was on the dot with what he said to a T- I just didn't want to chime in at the moment.
It is hard for me to hate, or atleast express so much hate for anyone that I have never even met. I know a lot of times posts are misinterpeted, and I usually make sure that whatever I post is pretty clear, but still doesn't always end up that way.
The value of this site isn't measurable, I know that it has helped me through a couple machines, and more than once; not just mechanically either. I have learned a lot about the history, events, and other things that just wouldn't have been possible without 3ww. I also like to think that I have contributed and helped others in the same way.
I must say that even though I am not "tight knit" with any clique or group on the site, just being able to go to an event once a year to see folks that are just as passionate about the sport, the history, and the value of our sport makes everything worth while. In reality, die hard three wheeler addicts are a rare breed- and even though there is a handful of BS and garbage on this site from time to time, it keeps us together and able to spend time with other folks who value our sport. Just my two cents!

350x'inNY
08-22-2009, 09:40 AM
I feel the same way, I think Scott was on the dot with what he said to a T- I just didn't want to chime in at the moment.
It is hard for me to hate, or atleast express so much hate for anyone that I have never even met. I know a lot of times posts are misinterpeted, and I usually make sure that whatever I post is pretty clear, but still doesn't always end up that way.
The value of this site isn't measurable, I know that it has helped me through a couple machines, and more than once; not just mechanically either. I have learned a lot about the history, events, and other things that just wouldn't have been possible without 3ww. I also like to think that I have contributed and helped others in the same way.
I must say that even though I am not "tight knit" with any clique or group on the site, just being able to go to an event once a year to see folks that are just as passionate about the sport, the history, and the value of our sport makes everything worth while. In reality, die hard three wheeler addicts are a rare breed- and even though there is a handful of BS and garbage on this site from time to time, it keeps us together and able to spend time with other folks who value our sport. Just my two cents!

Yep... that's the truth! I've met up with a lot of people here on the boards... and had some really close friendships. Having a Fight Club or a Fracus wahtever, or tolerating any other formal forum of open negatizism just breeds more negatizism. It will never add to a groups cohesion but pull it apart. What good is added to this society by having a bashing thread? Just a bunch of cyberbullies worse than some of the middle schools I deal with day in and day out. Unfortunately, it's us "older" members that have a wealth of info to pass on, but personanlly, I'd rather not contribute if I have to make my way through a bunch of drama to do so. There will always be people that disagree with each other, especially as a group becomes larger... it's inevidible. We should persuade them to hash their differences in pm or on the phone than to provide an open/ public area for all to see and promote a place for "drama".

chris200x
08-22-2009, 10:27 AM

I be that there OP. :lock: :D

grown men...acting like children!:rolleyes: :(

Billy Golightly
08-22-2009, 10:47 AM
A lot of these threads have been running because they are great honey pots to nail people. Not because its a tolerated and endorsed behavior. Anyone that's been around here for more than just a few months ought to know that.

fabiodriven
08-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Hoosier Daddy Hoosier Daddy Hoosier Daddy

Dirtcrasher
08-22-2009, 02:10 PM
^ YOU would beat a dead horse, wouldn't you...... :D

ditchmud
08-22-2009, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=350x'inNY;775241]

I believe that the OP is the Original Poster or the Thread starter. If you start a thread you can delete the whole thread anytime that you want if it's going the wrong way (of topic). Or, Sometimes I go through old threads that I started and delete them if they are no longer valid, to free up bandwidth for the sight. I haven't gone through them in a while, I guess I'll put that on my "to do list"shens