PDA

View Full Version : engine conversion?

Daltons200x
08-23-2009, 08:27 PM
does anyone know what would be involved in putting a twin cylinder 2 stroke jetski engine in a snowmobile? like the way the pump hookes to the engine would i just need to put a snowmobile clutch on it or is that all part of the crank?

atc500x
08-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Not sure,normal operation temperature are differents,I would go with a real snowmobile engine to be sure

Russell 350X
08-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Jet ski engines are designed to run in much different conditions than a snowmobile motor...you'd be better off finding for that sled that is made for it.

Daltons200x
08-24-2009, 08:39 PM
oh we hardley get any snow. i have a jetski that my freind dropped over the winter and shatterd the bottom of it and i have like a late 70's arctic cat that was given to us by my uncle and it has a motor but its really tired. so i was thinkin about takin the two and makin like one of those drag race sleds with the smooth track and the little rollers instead of skis. it was just an idea i was tossina round to clean up some of our junk in the back yard but i wasnt sure if the drive system on the jet ski was all part of the crank or if i could just toss the snowmobile clutch on it

Lepwapamimi
09-06-2009, 11:27 PM
thanks for the help bud.

Anyone else have a better idea what i should be doing.

p.s. the damn conversion harness is on the way, but i doubt thats the problem as to why its not turning on.

thanks again

lndy650
09-09-2009, 12:47 AM
most jet skis have a different taper on the clutch but if it happens to be the same go for it! a jetski motor will run fine in a sled just hook up the coolers...they have polaris 1200 triples from jetskis converted to snowmobiles....