PDA

View Full Version : I am starting to get MAD

JourneyMan
07-31-2003, 04:09 AM
I am starting to get mad of the fact that there are really no places to ride. Exspecially in Massachussetts. And the places that you can ride houses are being built on the trails that cnnect the pits. And the cops and people that live near by have problems with people riding dirtbikes, ATV's etc. What ever happened to "This land is your Land, This land is my Land, This land was made for you and me". Seriously, if people stopped and thought for a minute why we like to ride dirtbikes its because its fun and relaxing. What is a little noise and ripped up dirt compared to being in gangs, rapeing women, doing or selling drugs. I think that one day everyone in the US that likes to ride dirtbike or quads or Trikes should just all go out at the same time and ride, ride, ride like there is no tomorrow at the places that are left to ride. Then mabye people will start to see how serious some of us are and then mabye more places will open up to ride and not one or two plces per state that you have to drive 100miles to get to but places that are more local. Skate boarders get their parks, Horse back riders get their trails, we should get out pits.

Manny55
07-31-2003, 09:53 AM
AMEN brotha lol. Its like i have a dream that one day yamaha and honda and even kawaskie could ride together on the same trail lol.

Manny

RacerRichie
07-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Don't feel too bad that has been happening in CT for a long time. The old railroad beds where our 'highways' to get to all the nice pits. Between golf courses and new houses...we have been cut off. Now they make walking trails out of them. That sucks!!
So now I have to take some roads to get there and ride my QUADRACER so I am assured that I can out run the Crown Victorias of the local PD.(they don't have a chance!) :twisted:
I am lucky to have friends that have some tobacco farms in the area to ride in also so all is not lost just the old school trails that are slowely growing in if you know what i mean.
Doesn't MA have state parks you can ride in. We don't have that down here.
Life rolls on.

ATC crazy
07-31-2003, 12:09 PM
I ride on my own land (5 acres, WOOOHOOOOO :rolleyes: )

I think the closest riding area to me is 2.5 hours away in West Virginia... :x

TeCaTe_MaN
07-31-2003, 05:26 PM
well....i hope there is a riding area where i move to because i like the places arund my house, there is the 1.4 acres i live on and a short ride down the levvy (on my bike) to the old closed down wood mill and there is like 5 acres of sawdust and woodchips down there where they would dump it....there are hills and jumps and everything :D

Psyonyde
07-31-2003, 06:05 PM
I love those old saw mills with the hills and stuff. Me and my freind used to go snowbaording on them in the middle of summer all the time. Gotta watch out for old peices of equipment and stuff..that could be hell on tires.

TeCaTe_MaN
07-31-2003, 06:18 PM
yea, and some of the stuff they put down there i ssupposedta be there but not the way it is A.K.A. 2x4's with nails...i have seen....and almost ran over many of those :shock: i just pick em up and throw em into the bushes ;) one day i should get some pics of the old ridin areas 8)

groundfly
07-31-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I feel ya man. Here in missouri (mysery) there is No where to ride. we have st. joe park and like two places of trails. but like you said you have to drive for miles to get there. There used to be 5 or 6 awsome riding spots close to where i live but there all shut off and illegal now. We need to write letters to our congress man or woman and let them know how we feel. :x and that we'd like a little more effort and some of our tax money to go to more atv, trike and bike parks.....

kyle
08-01-2003, 01:10 AM
I know how you feel JourneyMan, some of the greatest places to ride around here are now bulldozed and covered with houses.

JourneyMan
08-01-2003, 01:15 AM
I would join the ARMY just so I could ride my Bikes over in Iraq where people wouldnt give a crap. I could do feild reconisance and scouting on my Blaster or 125m ou tin the open dessert.

Dirtcrasher
08-01-2003, 07:35 AM
I live right here withn ya brother. In as little as 3 years they have ruined my access to Cape Cod and Myles Standish and now some FLUCKIN clown down my road put a huge fence accrsss the power lines because he's against dirtbikes. But HE BUILT ON POWER LINES!!!!!!!!!! Move to a culdersack you FLUCKHEAD!! I have truly contemplated killing this man, he actually runs outside with a video camera when I ride by his house. He just recently survived cancer - I guess know one heard my prayers :twisted:

NOS_350X
08-01-2003, 12:17 PM

i got 6 acres ha!! :D

Dirtcrasher
08-01-2003, 12:53 PM

I only have 2 and 1/2 but 1 and 1/2 of it is a motocross track - HA!!!!

TeCaTe_MaN
08-01-2003, 02:38 PM

I only have 2 and 1/2 but 1 and 1/2 of it is a motocross track - HA!!!!

I have a whole abandoned woodmill -HA!!! :D :-D :D 8) :-P :-P :D :-P :D :D

ATC crazy
08-01-2003, 03:36 PM

Why I ought ta.... http://216.40.249.192/s/contrib/edoom/let_it_all_out.gif

Seriously though, 5 is all we own, but across the road there is another 15-25 acres that I ride on :-D

ATC350X 85
08-01-2003, 04:35 PM
I feel everyones pain. Here in NJ it completely blows. 1 legal place that allows ATC's and its $300 a yr plus insurance cause there insurance doesnt cover em. I have 1 place around the corner from my house that i go to thats illegal of course, but im the only one that rides there so I try and keep it low-key so it doesnt get ruined for me. I went to a place in southern NY called ATVNY this weekend cause he allows atcs and its only $30 a day. In the last 10 yrs it has gotten really bad around here. Everytime i turn around another place is gone. It used to be ok kinda to ride, get a small fine or whatever, now its $1000 fine, bikes get impounded, 90 days in jail, F'in BS. Im scared to walk out the front door and go ride at some of the places I was going to. Im going to propose to some towns around here to use the beaches during the off-season for atv access, hell the life guards ride atvs on the beach.

deathman53
08-03-2003, 08:57 PM
I live in jersey, I know what you are talking about. there used to be 3 huge pits within 5 minutes from my house, a motocross track in the woods, and tons of trail. I've never seen them, but I am told by alot of people that off the parkway at exit 123 used to be all pits gong far back into sayerville, they are all house adn warehouses. As fot the old local pits, they are all houses and the one pit that is left, there is a guy that calls the cops everytime he hears a bike. All of the old great spots that are still around are cop city, like sarco, clayton, stavola, wall, most of port elizabeth. I ride at chattsworth, because its legal, most of my friends tell me I'm nuts to pay the $300, plus insurance on the trike. Hopefully next weekend the 250r will be back up to show 4 wheelers that trikes can STILL kick their asses.

2strokepwer
08-03-2003, 09:17 PM
Here is Mississippi, it's getting harder to find new places to ride. it seems like whenever i find a new place to ride, the owner is fed up with the people ridng on it and decides to plant trees or whatever else they dream of. sometimes the land is sold to a new owner and the new hates atv's. i thought it was just my bad luck.

jeswinehart
08-03-2003, 09:57 PM
i deleted all my pics recently of a recent ride i took last time i went out so i can't show you those,,,
i have been getting tossed out of these areas for close to 35 years. i am 47 now and really don't get screwed with anymore it seems like.
all along 3 river backwaters, acessed by railroad tracts or 2 tract just down the road. i can go 20 miles north ( great bar on the way) ,,, 12 miles south into indiana,,, fishing + swimming is great to in these rivers.
i'll do up some pics on my next ride on big red and show em off.

john

Howdy
08-04-2003, 07:32 AM
i deleted all my pics recently of a recent ride i took last time i went out so i can't show you those,,,
i have been getting tossed out of these areas for close to 35 years. i am 47 now and really don't get screwed with anymore it seems like.
all along 3 river backwaters, acessed by railroad tracts or 2 tract just down the road. i can go 20 miles north ( great bar on the way) ,,, 12 miles south into indiana,,, fishing + swimming is great to in these rivers.
i'll do up some pics on my next ride on big red and show em off.

john

John,
If those are the pictures you sent me I may still have them. Just let me know.
Howdy

yamaha200E
08-04-2003, 10:28 AM
man guys it must suck wre u guys live. i mean here next to my house there is 2 acres of woods and creeks i ride in. and 6 miles from here there is over 200 acres of woods fields and creeks and dont forget the old train tracts bed that i ride in. there is also several pits one of them is 30 foot deep and allways full opf mud.
kyle

jeswinehart
08-04-2003, 08:16 PM
thanks howdy,,, i'll just hafta go out and get some more. i've been thinking of taking big red out for some river fishing this weekend. i'll be sure to take the camar along.

john

Dave
08-05-2003, 05:13 AM
And I thought I had it rough .. only own 3/4 acre. I have direct access to a couple flat/short trails and railroad tracks within a few miles of my house legal to ride (state trail is strictly snowmobile that runs down my road)...

For a good ride I have to ride ditch's or trailer about 10 miles to 200 ... thousand (or so) acres of land with trails running endlessly with very little restricted or posted land... and a few actual designated atv trails. If I dont feel like running any of my known trails in that state forest and need a change I have to go abot 5 miles the other way out of town and hit a 4 X 20 MILE stretch of woods (county owned) and get lost on the trails in there.

The only time these areas see any traffic (atv/foot) is during the deer hunting season... even then its mostly foot.

JourneyMan
08-06-2003, 12:23 AM
I have an idea. Lets plan a day for a revolution. They think its bad now with people riding in the woods. Lets all plan for one day in the future that everybody with a Dirtbike, quad, or Trike at the same time on the same the country riding in the street with their bikes, mabye then they might sday everyone just ride in the street like you would a car. Think about it. How many cops are there in a town. Take the cops compared to every person that likes to ride dirtbikes. mabye 1 cop for every 10 dirtbikers,if not more. What would they do. Everyone across the country would see how serious we are about the sport and then mabye they would put some of the houses aside and make some pits. Its just an idea that I was just thinking about and just posted it.

RacerRichie
08-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Nice idea and getting back to the subject!
REVOLUTION! :twisted: