PDA

View Full Version : Yo WASSUP!

3WHeeLio
10-08-2002, 06:21 PM
hey hey, whats going on?? I'm new to the 3wheeling scene. I just bought my first trike, It is a 1985 Suzuki Tecate-Z 350. But I have one problem, everytime I completely go under water the muffler bearings always wear out and I have to buy new ones. does anybody know any tricks or anything to help me out with this problem?
:D thanks alot guys

ATCRYDER
10-08-2002, 06:48 PM
---edited: what the heck did I must say? lol Wrong Topic!!---

GOod to see ya 3 wheelio.

Glad you got yurself a Tri Z 350...I hear thsoe were really fast. Although Im not a fan of 3 stroke engine....I enjoy a 12 speed transmission.

Honda350x
10-08-2002, 06:53 PM
HEY THREEWHEELIO!!!! Long time no see, do you or anyone else remember me? a.k.a Holeshot350x, Honda350xx.

jeswinehart
10-08-2002, 07:12 PM
3WHeeLio, definetly heard your name,,, Honda350x uhhh no.
gotta get howdy to tell us kids more stories at the badlands on november 2nd.

good to hear from you 2 at any rate.

john

Billy Golightly
10-08-2002, 07:44 PM
Hey 3Wheelio, I know your problem! You don't have a powerband connecting your muffler bearing to the rear brake disc! Hook one of those up and your problems are solved ;)

MR ATC
10-08-2002, 07:49 PM
Tim, i just joined the site this year and have not had a chance to tell you, thanks for creating a great site my helmet's off to you. i've heard a lot of good things about you from Billy and a lot of bad things from Howdy...( :D JK Howdy i owed you that one) hope to get a chance to talk to you in chat or on the board. (if i haven't already i heard you like to use differant names) and fair warning i can be a little sarcastic but i mean no harm.
oh and for your problem if you install a grease fitting on your expansion chamber you can grease your muffler bearings more offen which will help them last longer. and if your wondering why the expansion chamber and not the muffler where the bearings are located it is because the force of the exhaust will blow the grease on the bearings and distribute it better and it also gets it hot so its will thin it down alowing it to penetrate the bearings better. this works real well on my 1986 Honda Moto TRI 400RX

Billy Golightly
10-08-2002, 07:56 PM
MrATC brings up a good point, but you must remember to use synthetic based grease or it will thin out and blow right by the bearings. Thus not allowing it to stick and lube them

10-08-2002, 07:56 PM
The single, best thing you can do is make sure to clean all the parts in grade A-1 prop wash! Since it's only available to the aviation industry, you have to get it at a maintenance hangar. Just ask any of the guys there for it...they'll know what you're talkin about......

MR ATC
10-08-2002, 08:04 PM
i have to disagree with HondaATC if you use synthetic grease it will cause your powerband to slip if you use a good quality ATV grease and not a auto grease you will not have the problems he mentions there is a differance after all how many cars drive under water as much as trikes

Billy Golightly
10-08-2002, 08:07 PM
Dude I wasn't talking about atv OR automotive grease. One of those is as bad as another. You've got to use the good, high grade Industrial grease. You know, the good kind that you have to use sandpaper to remove it from parts.

MR ATC
10-08-2002, 08:15 PM
oh thats real smart now he'll just clog the whole thing up ever try to sand inside a pipe? and what happens if you have a backfire it will get on your piston and cylinder filling in the clearances causing your motor to seize. industrial grease give my a break man dont you know that Kawasaki Heavy Industries specificaly tells you not to use industrial grease that is for the motors on there oil barges you know the exon kxz Valdise

Billy Golightly
10-08-2002, 08:20 PM
Why would you be removing the grease in the first place? The yamahahahalude industrial grease has a tensile strength of about 500lbs. I doubt a motor will back fire and pull that into it ;-)

Tri-Z_Jim
10-08-2002, 08:50 PM
hey 3wheelio.long time no see.
I bet if you took the Piston out and turned it around ,it would give you a 50% HP increase.Dont forget to coat the cylinder walls with that grease also.

Honda350x
10-08-2002, 09:16 PM
:D Maybe you need to check the blinker fluid :clap

Jeb
10-08-2002, 09:23 PM
Wheelio, your whole problem was getting the 85 Model, when you should have held out & got the redesigned and highly improved 86 model!! They replaced the muffler bearing with a highly improved flux capacitor.

What's UP !! Welcome Back! Things sure look alot different don't they?

TimSr
10-09-2002, 08:38 AM
Hey Wheelio, Its great to see you back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy
10-09-2002, 09:14 AM
I agree, long time no talk TW!! Glad you showed your Mug around here again. I think it's time for you to get back here on a day to day basis. lol

azbjones
10-09-2002, 03:00 PM
For smooth muffler action, I find GPS relative bearing grease to be the best.

BTW, I got a feedback that Howdy is the guy to talk to if I need 83 Big Red parts - If you see this Howdy, can you check my post in the classifieds for the plastic and exhaust?

Ride On

boneidaho
10-11-2002, 02:18 AM
:idea: Hey, try taking your 2 rear wheel's off and turning them around, and that will give you 100% more power like a wind up toy does. You know how those are by pulling the toy backward's on the carpet then letting go and the spring unwinds and away you go like a bat outa heck. I did it on my 200X, and instead of 60 MPH, now I can go 120 MPH. :D After all of those year's of going forward, those tires are real tight and are needin to be turned around to unwind. :D Then put some of that grease you are talking about all over those 3 tires, and guarantee you will gain another 35 MPH. Put at lease 3 tubes of grease per tire. Just smear it all over the place real good. :D

sandtowd
10-11-2002, 02:42 AM
boy you can learn every thing here. all this time i,ve been stealing us air force grease go 3 324315tr575900iu-86493no97642734wa-0765-y-1. off there jet ayrmplane, now i find out its the wrong stuff. boy o boy o boy

Jonathan
10-11-2002, 11:20 PM
Don't you people know anything? He DOES have a power band connecting his muffler bearing to the rear disk. The reason his muffler bearing is going out is that the power band is not putting any tension on the muffler bearing like it's supposed to. It's not doing this because your brakes are binding due to the fact that you FORGOT TO GREASE YOUR BRAKE PADS. The owner's manual clearly states that you have to grease the brake pads EVERY time you ride.

Also like Honda350x said, it probably would be a good idea to check your blinker fluid. If it runs out or gets dirty, it could easily cause premature failure of the 3rd glow plug of cylinder #17 (very bad and VERY expensive).

bassman
09-13-2006, 12:34 AM
The only 3wheelio topic.
RIP

Lomax
09-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Thngs seem to be a little different back then. Sad that this is the only article