PDA

View Full Version : 200X engine seals

catfishwhisker
11-05-2002, 10:09 PM
Where can you buy the engine seals at? You can find every kind of gasket, but no seals. Bike Bandit shows the XR200 sprocket seal to be the same but that's the only one. I figure that one of the gasket mfg.'s would have them, but no luck yet. I was hoping some aftermarket company would have them so I wouldn't have to go through Bike Bandit or Honda. Any help guys?

GlennMc
11-05-2002, 11:48 PM
I just went through this with my '85 200M. I took out all of my seals, and called one of the largest seal suppliers in the Toronto Ont. area and he told me that they are non standard sizes and that he gets this type of inquiry all of the time. I went to my local Honda dealer and they got them shipped to me in 2 days and the price was good. There was only six seals in my engine so it is probably not worth the headache of searching around for aftermarket parts even if there is more seals in your engine. Make sure that you check your output (drive sprocket) seal. It was the only one in my motor that was starting to go and the bearing behind it was allready feeling a little rough. I replaced them all for peace of mind. Good luck, but for the price of them, I wouldn't spend too much time searching. GlennMc.

Kingsnake
11-06-2002, 03:37 AM
I've been looking a while for them too, and I considered buying a set from the XR200's as well. I need the camshaft/pulse generator base seal mostly, but I would like to replace them all if possible, just to be safe.
I might have to just bite the bullet and take Glenn's advice and head out to the good 'ol Honda dealer. I would have sooner but I figured their prices would be outrageous... :shock:

Dirtcrasher
11-06-2002, 06:36 PM
Same thing with needle bearings, some OEM's change a dimension by one millimeter just so you can't buy it. But if you can read the number it's worth a try. Especially radial bearings, carrier - wheel etc. Most of these are 6203, 6204 - whatever but real cheap from a bearing manufacturer. I bought my blaster seals for 4$ and bearings for 11$ each for the carrier. The rubber coated seals your looking for I found made by TCM lots of different sizes. It helps to be a maint mechanic/machinist or know one as they have vendors and accounts. I can find 85% of any seal or bearing I've needed in 10 years!