PDA

View Full Version : some pictures of my other obsession: my car!!

JasonB
09-10-2009, 08:51 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/mine018.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/mine022.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/mine015.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/mine017.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/mine021.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/sleepin-mr2/mine019.jpg
I didnt wash it or detail it, just pulled it into my backyard and did a few pics before the sun set last night. Before anyone says it, I realize it needs a paint job! and new wheels too but thats all later this year.

----specs:

-car is a 1991 toyota mr2 (Mid engine Rear wheel drive 2 seater).
-engine # 3 i have installed, this one is a jdm motor with approx. 270hp to the rear wheels
-H&R coilovers with TEIN pillow ball mounts.
-3" titanium exhaust with no cats.
-spec 3 clutch and fidanza flywheel
-LSD tranny
-17psi :D

too much too list on this car, it looks bad on the outside but I have spent too much on the little things to make it run great. its fuN! and kind of ricer looking too so go easy on me, I love v8's too:lol:

rdlsz24
09-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Nice you replaced the engine with a stereo amplifier??

haha jk man nice MR2

Rob

cox
09-10-2009, 12:37 PM
What kinda amp is that? and what subs you running? my other addiction happens to be car audio and mad DEEP bass. Like my balls are shaking deep.......

litebulblsc
09-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Lug pattern 5x100?
Le me borrow those wheels and see what they look like on My fiero

phreakboy
09-10-2009, 08:15 PM
mr2s are 5x114.3 so I guess you sol.

Nice mr2 man, I have my 91 turbo still, but sold all the others at one point I had 8 first gens and 5 seconds. Maybe later I will post a couple pics of mine. Are you on mr2oc?

code200k
09-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Lug pattern 5x100?

i thought that was a fiero in your sig..ive been looking for one for awhile.any way atcaddict you said your on your 3rd engine why MR.2 ?? lol

JasonB
09-23-2009, 01:21 PM
mr2s are 5x114.3 so I guess you sol.

Nice mr2 man, I have my 91 turbo still, but sold all the others at one point I had 8 first gens and 5 seconds. Maybe later I will post a couple pics of mine. Are you on mr2oc?

thanks, im on there as "sleepin-mr2". thats alot of mr2's you have owned!! I love them alot, they are like go carts. Im the local mechanic lol I have done 7 engine swaps so far (3 on my car) but whenever someones turbo mkII is running funky im the first person they call :lol: I work on about 5 locals mr2's. I have 2 mr2's in my driveway right now that arent mine :D

Nice you replaced the engine with a stereo amplifier??

haha jk man nice MR2

Rob

hahah ya i get that from alot of people, no one understands the engine is in the back.

i thought that was a fiero in your sig..ive been looking for one for awhile.any way atcaddict you said your on your 3rd engine why MR.2 ?? lol

hahaha ya i cant let the car go. I would havea nice ls1 powered SS or WS6 but they are just so heavy and big. Really want a c5 or c6 zo6 though. anyways, I keep overboosting my engines and detonating them to death :D

Lug pattern 5x100?

lol ya im 5X114.3

What kinda amp is that? and what subs you running? my other addiction happens to be car audio and mad DEEP bass. Like my balls are shaking deep.......

thanks. The amp is just a clarion, its only 180watts X2. plenty, im running two polk 8" subs in sealed boxes, one behind each seat so it sounds good for what it is. nothing like my buddy jeff, hes got some crazy 1000watt fosgate amp pushing two 10" subs in his mr2. That thing actually makes your heart beat differently since the subs are like 6inches from your chest (right behind each seat).

harryredtrike
09-24-2009, 10:13 AM
cool car,looks pretty good to me.with paint and new shoes she'll be a beaut.

bigboy_toy85
09-24-2009, 10:28 AM
Awsome car, does that amp give that import more power? I guess anything would help, lol it looks fast though.

Ps: muscle beats import everytime!

ATC-Eric
09-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Ps: muscle beats import everytime!

LOL

I know where your coming from, but.....

Ive got video of this car WALKING away from a MODDED 01 SS Camaro, from a dig, and a roll. This was also 2 motors ago, when he had the big turbo. That Camaro was big muscle. He had fuel management system, rearend work, a shift kit, ect. And yes he could drive.

I have personally destroyed an 03 SVT Cobra in it as well. Its no joke when you put 300 WHP into a car that weighs 2000 lbs.

I hate rice burners, and imports, but this car has a special place. And I also HATE big "fart can" mufflers, but the one on this car is actually functional.

So dont look at it like some civic.

The Goat
09-24-2009, 01:13 PM
1000 watts makes your heart skip a beat.... pshhhh

my old grand am had twelves in 6.4 cubic foot ported boxes. That would make your heart start skipping.

All the guys who roll american muscle need to drive a little import from time to time. It ain't always the fastest thing out there, but just like the original ford cortina, in a true road race it walks all over the big boys with it's light weight an maneuverability.

keep your 8s and twelves, I like a nice high revving boosted 6.

nice looking mr2 bud.

bigboy_toy85
09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
LOL

I know where your coming from, but.....

Ive got video of this car WALKING away from a MODDED 01 SS Camaro, from a dig, and a roll. This was also 2 motors ago, when he had the big turbo. That Camaro was big muscle. He had fuel management system, rearend work, a shift kit, ect. And yes he could drive.

I have personally destroyed an 03 SVT Cobra in it as well. Its no joke when you put 300 WHP into a car that weighs 2000 lbs.

I hate rice burners, and imports, but this car has a special place. And I also HATE big "fart can" mufflers, but the one on this car is actually functional.

So dont look at it like some civic.

Yea, i'm talking about real muscle, not this moder day riced muscle. I'm taliking about a 75 duster, with a 360 competition stage 2 cam. Edlebrock 4 barrel and highrise intake.

ATC-Eric
09-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Yea, i'm talking about real muscle, not this moder day riced muscle. I'm taliking about a 75 duster, with a 360 competition stage 2 cam. Edlebrock 4 barrel and highrise intake.

Post some pictures, your car sounds nice!

atctim
09-24-2009, 04:08 PM
I like it - can I drive it????

I am a car enthusiast too - and I feel too many people have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to these little lightweight high HP Japanese cars. So many people think that old muscle cars are way faster. trust me - I LOVE muscle cars - but these little and I absolutly hate to use the word "ricers" will not only out perform alot of muscle cars in a straight line - they will run circles around them when it comes to handling. It is like the old school thinking about more noise = more power. not so. I also find this relates to Harley Vs Japan in motorcycles - tons of people that know nothing about actual performance assume that harleys are "fast" - like faster than modern sportbikes. Anyway - my last point in the ramble is something my Uncle tells me alot:

"People who know nothing about tractors buy John Deeres and people who know nothing about motorcycles buy Harleys"
He is right to a point. Image sells!!!!!!!

Anyway what I was getting at was: Nice car, can I drive it?

Also - what does the little symbol and "X" mean on the rear quarter???

phreakboy
09-24-2009, 06:46 PM

A year ago I would of let you drive my turbo, but I have since removed it from the road. I will say that if you have any interest in cars or sports cars and you like having money. DO NOT DRIVE AN MR2. If you do you WILL be bitten by the bug and these cars like to multiply fast.

bigboy_toy85
09-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I'd love to post a picture of the car, but I'm on an iPhone and I haven't found out how to do it. And it's my friends car that I helped rebuild.

But your car is awsome. It would give the duster an extremely good run for it's money!

It will be awsome when it's painted!

The Goat
09-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I do love the International line of tractors. Got an old 38hp banging around the property, prolly 30 or 40 years older than I am. Still chugging along.

LET me drive the mr2! I love the little boosted imports. Buddy just got an 05 Evo that was freshly rebuilt. Fast is an understatement.

Best thing was his old eclipse...my uncle is a nascar FREAK and has NEVER owned a vehicle with less than 8 cylinders. The second day my buddy got his eclipse he brought it down there for us to drive. My uncle could NOT stop talking about how even his diesel truck would beat the car. We let him get behind the wheel and took it up on the road.

He starts off, barks em off the start, and then shifts at like 5200rpm. Keeps doing it each time. Then starts talking about how it isn't that impressive. So he turns around and is about to take off back to the house. My buddies like, now do the same thing you did earlier, but remember you're not driving a ford and shift right before you tap (I think) 8 grand. When he came out of second in the low 80s and the tires barked, that changed his tune.

Kinda reminds me of 2strokes, these little imports have power WAY up high.

So what was that MR2 running? They had a guy 2-3 years ago who broke 9 seconds in his at the local track...no roll cage, banned for life. After the run he said even HE didn't think it was gonna run that fast.

JasonB
10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
LOL at the comments here thanks guys. I hate ricers, i will come out and admit that up front! kids in civics and preludes etc all those cars with an NA motor making less torque than I need to take my trikes lug nuts off with lol My exhaust is actually needed, it was that or a straight 3 or 4 inch pipe comming straight out the side vent infront of the rear passenger side wheel which would have been loud enough to get me pulled over daily. anyways, the car is quick for what it is.

I cant honestly say theres many classic v8's out there that I can look at and know will beat me. My car in its very lightly moddified condition (exhaust/intake) would smash most detroit muscle. Ya, some of them make more than 300 to the wheels. that means a lot when you take a car that weighs 4,000 lbs and try to talk it up. tub it and spray it and I will show some respect but I dont really feel 90% of the classic muscle on the streets has trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro on my rice burner. I mean trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, my dads 69 SS/RS 396 powered camaro was capable of what, high 14 second quarter miles when IT WAS BRAND NEW. my JDM stock motor in my car now with 17PSI and exhaust/intake has high 12's writen all over it. A local mr2 owner with the SAME EXACT set up as me pushed a 12.9 quarter mile from his car.

All Im saying is that v8's are great and I would love a c5 or c6 vette, but being lumped in with the rest of the import idiots is offensive and agrevating.

whats the duster run in the quarter mile? Or have you even had it to the track yet? I mean your buddy, since its not yours and all. And with just a cam and the mods you listed I cant see that land barge being able to break past the low 13's. Im sure it sounds and looks pretty though.

I pushed 13.5's back to back with a trap of 105mph with a slipping clutch that I had to back off of in all of second and half of third gear. I was only cutting 1.9 second 60 foots as well because that 6 puck SPEC clutch was burned up. That was on my first motor, Im on my 4th motor right now.

anyways not trying to come off like a dick its just really annoying when the v8 guys run their mouth like they have hot sh*t. 300 or more RWHP means nothing when your car weighs more than 1000lbs over mine with similar rwhp numbers. My car is putting down somewhere around 260/270rwhp as it sits, i should have dyno numbers in the next few weeks when i get some extra cash together.

AND ANYONE CAN DRIVE MY DUECE, you just gotta come to STL to do lol. I let people drive my car that i feel know what they are doing. atc-eric has done some crazy stuff in this car and was actually the first person to get it sideways when i first got it lol

JasonB
10-05-2009, 02:56 PM

I am a car enthusiast too - and I feel too many people have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to these little lightweight high HP Japanese cars. So many people think that old muscle cars are way faster. trust me - I LOVE muscle cars - but these little and I absolutly hate to use the word "ricers" will not only out perform alot of muscle cars in a straight line - they will run circles around them when it comes to handling. It is like the old school thinking about more noise = more power. not so. I also find this relates to Harley Vs Japan in motorcycles - tons of people that know nothing about actual performance assume that harleys are "fast" - like faster than modern sportbikes. Anyway - my last point in the ramble is something my Uncle tells me alot:

"People who know nothing about tractors buy John Deeres and people who know nothing about motorcycles buy Harleys"
He is right to a point. Image sells!!!!!!!

the "X" was my drunken idea of what a "skull and cross bones" looks like. its supposed to be a skull and crossbones, "X" is bones, and the top shape has "X" 's for eyes and a mouth. anyways, its on my front trunk and on my rear quarter. Anyways, i was seriously drunk when I taped that off and sprayed it on lol

and did i hear right, that you might be comming with us to california this year?!?! Thats what atc eric was saying :D