PDA

View Full Version : How to re-title a trike?

Dynofox
11-06-2002, 12:56 AM
Is there anyway to re-title an atv if you were not the orignial owner?

Jeroboam7
11-06-2002, 01:07 AM
If you have a bill of sale and your local DMV does a search on the serial number and it comes up clean they should be able to produce a title for you, if you state titles OHVs!!!

HemiChallenger71
11-06-2002, 09:23 PM
What I have done with other machines, not my 3 wheelers, is say you bought some property, and you found this machine on it, and you did not know ti was there. Give them the frame numbers and stuff, and act stupid. What can they say or do? This got me a title for a snowmobile once... but it was not hot.

skippy
11-06-2002, 11:19 PM
but alot of dmv'a are a pain in the ass... about the retitling thing.. because without a notarized bill of sale. and some previous owner info, anyone can get a new title for anything.. so be prepared to battle@!

Trikeaholic
11-07-2002, 12:18 AM
Ny is not bad, I have the paperwork saved, I will attatch it, see if it shows up, if not, PM me, and I will tell you how to do it.

250rmanfmf
11-07-2002, 12:26 AM
1. you can get a letter of Origination from the bike company (Honda, Yamaha, Kaw.) and that that in when you want to regester and get a title with it.

Or run the vin numbers and if they come up clean then the title is yours

2. Here in Washington you can regester a bike without a title and it will go up on a 3 year claim period for someone to claim the bike with orignal title and if nobody claims in 3 years you get a title.

some places like Idaho and Montana didnt issue Titles on any bikes until 1989 or somewhere around that so if you get a bike from those states then they never had titles to begin with.

Dynofox
11-07-2002, 12:57 AM
Trikeaholic, check your e-mail.