PDA

View Full Version : I'm here :)

RudeDog666
09-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Yep, I'm a newbie and thought I'd announce my arrival.

What brings me here is a Google search for "three wheeler forum". I just acquired 2 used and non-running trikes which I'll attempt to tinker back to life. The big one is an '82 Big Red 200e and the yellow bellied 3 footer is an unknown year Tri-moto 125 with a VIN that goes something like 3X3-071233 (any help with this is appreciated).

I'm told the Honda needs a rear sprocket which I am replacing with a stainless one I am having cut on the water jet at work. The Yamaha hasn't been run for like forever. I'll start by tearing into the carb.

Anyhoo, that's my story and I'll be back with questions soon enough. :lol:

300rman
09-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Yep, I'm a newbie and thought I'd announce my arrival.

What brings me here is a Google search for "three wheeler forum". I just acquired 2 used and non-running trikes which I'll attempt to tinker back to life. The big one is an '82 Big Red 200e and the yellow bellied 3 footer is an unknown year Tri-moto 125 with a VIN that goes something like 3X3-071233 (any help with this is appreciated).

I'm told the Honda needs a rear sprocket which I am replacing with a stainless one I am having cut on the water jet at work. The Yamaha hasn't been run for like forever. I'll start by tearing into the carb.

Anyhoo, that's my story and I'll be back with questions soon enough. :lol:

Wouldnt it have been easier to buy a sprocket?

That is cool as hell you can make stuff like that though :beer :welcome: :welcome:

MonroeMike
09-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the board. Your Yamaha is a 1980.

RudeDog666
09-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Wouldnt it have been easier to buy a sprocket?

Of course it would have been easier, but then I can't say I made it. ;)

RudeDog666
09-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the board. Your Yamaha is a 1980.

Thanks Mike. Good news, it's not as old as I thought.

Vealmonkey
09-14-2009, 11:01 PM
It's the oldest model of Trimot made! They have a bunch of goofy things with them that the 82 and later models didn't have. The shifter assemblys are different as well as different number of clutch plates and fibers. The rear wheel bearing housings are all different too. You need to do alot of research as parts aren't easily interchangable and if your not careful, then you will have an impossible mix and match that will never work. Take your time and do lots of research.

RudeDog666
09-15-2009, 06:41 AM
It's the oldest model of Trimot made! They have a bunch of goofy things with them that the 82 and later models didn't have. The shifter assemblys are different as well as different number of clutch plates and fibers. The rear wheel bearing housings are all different too. You need to do alot of research as parts aren't easily interchangable and if your not careful, then you will have an impossible mix and match that will never work. Take your time and do lots of research.

Thanks for the heads up. So, it looks like I got the test rat so to speak.:lol:

Is it safe to say I need to look for 1980 through 1982 parts for this thing then?

Also, I noticed you people have a lingo of your own when it comes to trikes, i.e. "trimot" what others relate to my 2 trikes?

Seeing as how I'm new to the sport of trikes I appreciate all the input.

MonroeMike
09-15-2009, 10:18 AM
There's a service manual for the Honda here.

http://72.52.143.80/~trikes/Manuals/ATC%20manuals/Honda%20200E%20Big%20Red%201982-83%20CD.pdf

Banage
09-15-2009, 04:07 PM
welcome to the boards. Always great to see a new face

RudeDog666
09-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks Mike and Rebel.

I managed to get the carb on the Yamaha torn down and it was gummed up so bad I couldn't move the slide at all. The bowl was terrible and all the jets were clogged tight (I couldn't even blow through them).

I managed to get it all cleaned up but in the process I blew a slow jet across my garage and of course it disintegrated and evaporated into the atmosphere never to be found again. :mad: I ordered a replacement from the local power sports place, $25.00 for a little piece of brass. I feel a little raped. :lol:

Thanks again for the help.

brapp
09-15-2009, 07:06 PM
wow for 25 bucks someoen here prolly could ahve sold you a carb lol but welcome to the trike world and do your reasearch and do things right and youll have 2 awesome lil rigs to tool around on

RudeDog666
09-16-2009, 06:36 AM
wow for 25 bucks someoen here prolly could ahve sold you a carb lol

Now 'ya tell me. :idea: :D

keister
09-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Welcome!!
There is a Classifieds section on this boards- always worth a check or put up a single WTB (want to buy) ad for all the stuff you are looking for.
Good luck with the new toys.

RudeDog666
09-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks keister, I was looking through there after I bought what I need (or can't make) it appears there's something for everything on there. Looks like a small version of eBay. :cool:

Anyways...
I got my sprocket off the waterjet today, reassembled it and threw it on the red machine. I think it faster now! :lol: I also had him cut me a couple of brake levers because the front is broken and the rear is twisted like a horse shoe. I'll get those machined sometime soon and they will go on.

Got a call from the motor sports shop and my slow jet is ready to pick up tomorrow. We'll see if the yellow turd will start with a clean carb.

Bunnyhop
09-16-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't think you realize what resource you have at your disposal. A waterjet and a guy willing to just program it and make whatever you need! Holy hell, i'd have some sweet badazz chit made up for my bikes.

RudeDog666
09-17-2009, 06:44 AM
I have thought of getting some flame levers made but not right now. I just want to get these things in better shape then maybe I'll get into the custom, one-off stuff.

I have utilized the waterjet a few times for my first chopper I'm building out in the garage. '91 Sportster hardtail springer.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/stern666/sportyupdate4272.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/stern666/sportyupdate4271.jpg