PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Places To Race Or Trail Ride. I'm In S.new Jersey.

Side Wayz
09-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Looking for places to ride or race my trike im in S. New Jersey. Even trail riding.

deathman53
09-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't know of any place in NJ that will allow a trike. Sure, there is illegal trails. There are 2 places that are proposed to open this year or next, one is a tt/supermoto place only. The other is a mx track. IF the leh track ever opens, he might allow trikes, he doesn't think there is too much interest in them to justify the extra insurance expense.

MonroeMike
09-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Check these links, don't know if they allow trikes.

http://www.trailsource.com/scripts/three.asp?STATENAME=New%20Jersey&TYPE=ATV

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/Where-To-Ride--Massachusetts---New-Jersey/static/detail/256600

http://www.angelfire.com/nj/cbamm/

deathman53
09-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I almost forgot, chattsworth atv rentals has a place to ride, its quite expensive and strict rules. I'm not sure any expeirenced rider will like it, it looks more like a family/kids place. If you want and you a kinda close, I know a place to ride, its illegal...pm me for details.

brapp
09-21-2009, 12:56 PM
ther eis always 3-4 hurs noth in pennsyltucky 200010 in feb

Bryan Raffa
09-21-2009, 09:12 PM
frozen Motorcross 2010!

pennsyltucky 200010 in feb

deathman53
09-21-2009, 09:33 PM
I completely forgot, when I was at breezewood proving grounds, there was a guy ripping his 86 200x around.

Side Wayz
10-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Thx 4 the replies. I'm going to look into those links Mike and the Penntucky dont sound far at all. I travel often to Ohio a few times a year. Oh about Chattsworth, are you talking about the N.J.O.R.R.V.P. the website might be upstill the lease was up last Sept. We did ride there, actually my dad was head of rules and Reg. at 1 time. He help get that up and going 13 years ago. We are now trying to buy a old gravel pit Saharrah (spelling might be wrong) in Monroe Twnshp. NJ.

svtkeith
10-08-2009, 03:41 AM
There is a nice gravel pit in tuckerton. Just dont get caught in there.

Side Wayz
10-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Thx. I know Port Elizabeth used to be great but now they have cops on bikes and 4 wheelers.

leviblue
10-12-2009, 01:32 AM
where in sj are you? I'll be glad to take you out for a spin. I've got 120 acres and a few other spots as well. Tri-Boro,Collings Lakes, Wards, Vineland, and more. No 4 strokes with loud pipes though.... my neighbors hate it. A few of us are trying to get a club going so if your interested let me know

Side Wayz
10-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Im in Sicklerville originally from williamstown. Im in Ohio as of now visiting in law Ill be home weds. That be great to check those spots out. I just need to get my brakes working just got caliber from JRD and I have to re thread the swing arm bolt but I have been riding it down the street from my dads some lil tiny track.

leviblue
10-12-2009, 12:19 PM
cool man send me an email when your back. I'm only 5 min away for short rides. you got alot of good spots in sicklerville, just have a fast bike and don't get caught. I still ride around the voc-tech once in awhile and hit the tracks to the sand pits, it's risky sometimes but now that the weather is getting colder the cops ease-up and fewer trash from the city is showing-up to ride. thats the problem with Tri-Boro PHILLY TRASH shows up and riding is risky around them, they don't care. but when it gets cold they stay home. anyway hit me up I'm going for a ride in a few min.....

Side Wayz
10-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah I doride out there by juntion liquors and the tracks and that pit and by that tiki bar I almost had a 250 r today butnowIhave to wait til sun and hope he still has it itsa83 looks good and runs good. But if not I still have 200x but idowant an R bad. Plus I plan on coming back to Ohio to run the last race in Malvern.Just need to get her brakes and top end motor mounts.

leviblue
10-13-2009, 11:38 AM
I just gave away alot of 200x stuff, motors,frames,etc. still have some parts , I have a few 200x's. don't ride them much,their good for the trails but otherwise their loud slow dogs. I'd rather be on my 250r or find the brother who stole my 480, I miss that sick bike but if you want a 250r we'll help you out. some guy has a tecate on CL and wants $700 obo comes with 2 motors,tires, and more. it was on yesterdays craigslist - south jersey section and it looked nice and if you offered $500 or so I bet he'll take it. I'd grab it but I have a 500atc restoration and limited space. the parts you need are they for the X ?

Side Wayz
10-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Srry been away 4 a while family issues.my real estate didnt go tru. Right now so I cant even get my back brakes done. My fam. is here so he is helping me. I'm kinda brokeright now, but I still want to get upwith you and ride.856 718 4899. I washoping to race at Malvern but budget isnt right. But Im definatley trying torun the schedulestarting in Jan.TimSr. seems like nice peopleand Imgetting the schedulefrom him.Ive been toa couple of tracks when I was in Ohio real nice.But hit me up asap.

leviblue
10-20-2009, 12:18 AM
hey man riding tomorrow at my house. 12:30 or 1pm. have an extra bike if interested, if not heading out to Wards friday afternoon at 3pm to hit the sand piles. just a little ride only a few hours or till it gets really dark( got no light only a # plate. I really ride every afternoon so PM me if your up for it. what do you need the brakes for? 200x ,250r???? I'll see what I got to get you back on the trail. can help figure something out

Side Wayz
10-21-2009, 04:47 PM
For the 200x. I never got the R. It might just be an O ring not sure.

leviblue
10-21-2009, 11:59 PM
what part do you need if I have it , it's yours. I sent you a text the other day, don't know if you got it. offers still on. taking out my buddy's new/used cr125 tomorrow. PHILLES WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F'N ALLRIGHT!!!!!!!!BRING ON THE YANKEES....... anyway give me a call or PM me and I'll give you my #

Side Wayz
10-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Ill re check forthe text, but i might need the back caliber I keepbleeding them but something is not right. Yeah Phils are gonna doit again!!

leviblue
10-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I've always had trouble with my 200x's brakes. front mostly, always locking or not releasing fully. I'm about to take the girlfreinds X out to Rod at Service Specialites in Glassboro. He built the big bore motor for my R and WOW never been happier. I'll take a look in my X parts bin.Get in touch with me for a ride or if you need a hand.

Side Wayz
10-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey I jst tried calling you. No answer.

JohnR.
10-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Thx. I know Port Elizabeth used to be great but now they have cops on bikes and 4 wheelers.

PE was some of the BEST riding I've done in my life. I've ridden Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan and I'd take Port Elizabeth back in the 90's over that. There was so much ground to cover, trails, water, high speed roads, and so many cool people to meet and hang out with. We used to go camping a couple of times a year down there. I heard someone got hurt, sued the company that owned it, and they shut it down.

John

leviblue
10-23-2009, 09:17 PM
P.E. was an still is fun but back in the 80's and early 90's south jersey had hundreds of places. forked river was crazy fun, and you could start in berlin and make your way to tuckerton a good 80 or so miles. I could ride from my house on the side of the road to the alantic ave rail tracks and ride to ancora gas up at a buddy's and ride at several pits. hell little mill was only a few blocks away, it had the highest hill in south jersey and was a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro to climb. now it's a golf course. All the N.I.K.E. bases that were abandon are now 500g homes and half are forclosed on. when you find a spot down here you gaurd it with your life and only your group knows. once it's out forget it there will 25 trailers there the next weekend, mostly getheo trash w/hot bikes and no cares. Tri-Boro is great but the trash comes. Collins lakes is the same thing. Hell they even invaded my property. 16 bikes and no one lived in the neighborhood, I'd let them ride if they lived here but when your from camden stay home. The best sand in jersey is Wards, lots and lots of powder sugar sand and no cops only catch is invataion only or know someone who lives around there so you can park. I've been to alot of nice spots in jersey lately but bound by blood not to tell.

JohnR.
10-24-2009, 07:34 AM
Is Wards the one down by Lacey/Forked River (69 on the GSP) that you have to go through the gate to get in? We went there about 8 or 9 years ago. The guy that owned the place was really cool but I doubt he'd remember us anymore.

John

Side Wayz
10-24-2009, 09:04 AM
I dont think I've rode at wards but Port we used to do all the tme when I was akid camping big bon fires wide open. And we used to ride up in Lacey Twnshp. andthe Poker runs. Little Mill was awesome with Dog Leg. Hell we used to take the front hood off the Bug VW and sled down it. I miss that.

Hey Levi, I should havetime today to ride, thought I had a B-day party to go to but its tomorrow. Ill bring my trike and see what you think. Ny pointers wouldbe nice. Talk to ya.

leviblue
10-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Wards is off of rt 70 about 10 miles east of 206. I'd like to get a weekend ride w/some of you guys. just gotta make a date

Side Wayz
10-24-2009, 07:54 PM
I had fun today Levi that was great. Now I need some brakes to really run that.My bike ran good besides thoose lilminor things Ineed. Cant wait to go out next time then i can really rip her loose at the other spot, I can break her wide open and get sideways. And thjat lil mud run was awesome I took some pics when I gothome , but should have had cameraout there I leftmine in Ohio some in law gonna mail it here. Looking foward to riding again.

leviblue
10-24-2009, 07:58 PM
hey nick i told ya my backyard is crazy fun. the best ride you can get in one of the most populated counties in the country. surounded by homes it's the best 120acres in south jersey. just gotta get the track set-up better, and some more step-ups and base jumps. the ones now just don't cut it. BIG AIR is what i want and a fast track. still getting the mud out of my hair. those 200X's are fun in the mud. lets do it agian soon

Side Wayz
10-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Definatley any time, and if you need a hand in making the track better I'm there, its good but we could do somuch more and like you said spray the trees or even get that ribbon tape. What ever I;m sure it will be great.

JohnR.
10-24-2009, 09:23 PM
Wards is off of rt 70 about 10 miles east of 206. I'd like to get a weekend ride w/some of you guys. just gotta make a date

Let's do it. I'm open for all of November and probably December too. Just tell me when and where.

John

leviblue
10-24-2009, 09:41 PM
sounds good. I'll talk to my buddy and figure a day. maybe in two weeks. just want to include a few freinds( they ride in shopin' carts) but also a few trikes. and if your reading this and want in just say so!!!!!! there's some video of us last week at wards on my buddy's youtube site---- Rhode75------ there's only a few vids on there. I'll be glad to email videos of wards if you want. it's big real BIG and or vids don't do it justice.

JohnR.
10-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Definitely let me know. I'll probably just come down on my 4x4, my 350X is wounded from the last woods ride and my 250R doesn't see the woods anymore. I have a buddy that lives in Tom's River who has been a trike rider for the last 25 years too, he may meet us with his R. Once we have a date I'll call him up.

John

oldtime3wheeler
10-24-2009, 10:48 PM
I would be interested in this too. I havent riden in Jersey since the mid to late 80's in Millvile.

leviblue
10-25-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm thinking the Sat before Thanksgiving. The 21st. How's that sound? Limited space double-up if you can not alot of room. 5 or 6 trailers max. but I doubt that many will show.

Side Wayz
10-25-2009, 07:18 PM
youknow I'm game.

JohnR.
10-25-2009, 07:47 PM
As far as I can tell I'm good for that weekend. If I come down it'll just be my truck with one 16x8 trailer at the most.

oldtime3wheeler
10-25-2009, 08:02 PM
I should be free that weekend too. John what highway you taking down? Maybe we could meet up on the way.

Side Wayz
10-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Sounds good to me.

leviblue
10-25-2009, 08:32 PM
I'll try to figure a place for everyone to meet up, Wal-Mart, etc. You can leave your vechicles in WM parking lot and doubble up. otherwise I'm gonna talk to some of his neighbors and maybe work out an arrangement ($$$) they seem like cool people. I know Nick will stick the 200x in the mini-van, must be nice. my little 4x6 dragged by a WRX, 1 jeep w/ a 4x8, 1 truck w/16x8. can take a few more. But for now if you live close to me w/in an hour and wanna ride I'm up to opening my property. It's only worth it if your close to me. I got alot to offer in a small package.

JohnR.
10-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I should be free that weekend too. John what highway you taking down? Maybe we could meet up on the way.

It looks like NJTpke to exit 4 to 295 South.

Keep us updated on the ride.

John

Side Wayz
10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
Yeah exit 4 or 3 is good. Exit 4 will put you on 73 south, or exit 3 and that will put you on 168 then to 42 south. But im sure Levi can give you an adress or land mark to gps or mapquest it. Looks like my dad brother and cousin are coming Bigred, 200s or 200m, 200x, and my 200x.

leviblue
10-26-2009, 11:11 PM
exit 4 to 73 south. south on 73 to 70 eastthen it's a good 20 or so miles. I'll PM you directions. I'll tell ya Jonh, Obamma's road building plan has taken effect down here and these two roads are getting rebuilt and one major crap hole is the 70/73 circle, so I wanna get you a good route but not out of the way. Hey Nick took the R in to service spec. today.should be back in a few days. some guy wanted to trade his 250r for mine and $2500 in cash. it was a nice 86 but stock as a rock and I wanted $2500 more for mine. his wife started yelling at him cuse he was thinking about it. 2500 and a bike will only get you my motor is what I told his wife and she FREAKED on me. Had to let the dogs out of the car just to get away from her

Side Wayz
10-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Funny.....well thats good hope everything is good with it. Im getting my brakes looked at tomorrow.

leviblue
10-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Sat the 21st is everyone good for that day? If rain is forcasted we'll still go as long as it's not a noreaster. I'm sorry I can't put my R through that much muck. hey Nick I'm thinking of selling my 200x, well not thinking more or less going to. Know anyone looking???

Side Wayz
10-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I'mgood for the 21st ......and I'll put a word out!

oldtime3wheeler
10-28-2009, 05:54 PM
I already marked it on y calender. As long as the x doesnt break down Im good to go. Do I need reg. and Ins.?

JohnR.
10-28-2009, 06:45 PM
In NJ you just need a strong right hand thumb to hold the throttle down.

Side Wayz
10-28-2009, 07:29 PM
LMAO!! Ive rode at his 1spot nice set up and he owns it. But there some other spots I want to try out too a little more wide open... Here's a Pic of the MAN behind us.:eek:

leviblue
10-28-2009, 07:47 PM
If you got it great it'll make their paperwork easier. All joking aside your right hand, start working it out. Nah one of my buddies is a real brown-noser, I never really know what Troy say's to them but it allways ends in a wave goodbye. He's like Boomhower on King of the Hill, you don't know what he does but undercover agent wouldn't surprise me. But I'm the guy who will turn around and get the police to chase me ,great training and allways a thrill. Just respect them, their STATE POLICE and they have better things to do then mess with us. No township police so they really don't care unless it gets outa control.
86 500r (dads old flattracker ready to restore)
86 200sx ( it's my dogs....HONEST!!)

oldtime3wheeler
10-28-2009, 08:45 PM
So its ride at your own risk? Better make sure my bike is running good lol

Side Wayz
10-28-2009, 09:34 PM
LOL are u bringing any 1 John and Oldtime. Im bringing my Dad brother and my cousin? Im still working on brakes need a master cylinder for my front and pads on the back but I really can use a calper on back but I shouldbe good. I rode there last week without brakes but more fun with them.

oldtime3wheeler
10-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I might have 1 with me, not sure yet. What kind of bikes is everyone riding?

JohnR.
10-28-2009, 09:44 PM
That's too far away for me to say for sure.

Side Wayz
10-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I'll have my 200x another 200x, bigred, and or both 200s & 200m Levi's 250r or 200x and what ever you and friend have.what are you and your boy riding. It would be nice if you can make it John. I have a friend with a 200 blaster but thats up to Levi.

oldtime3wheeler
10-28-2009, 10:20 PM
I will be bringing my 350x. The other would probably be a warrior or 400ex, or both if they both can make it.

Side Wayz
10-28-2009, 10:24 PM
My dad would bring his 350x but it dont have 3rd gear.

Side Wayz
10-28-2009, 10:26 PM
sent u a PM Oldtime.

leviblue
10-28-2009, 10:51 PM
Well a 250R of some sort 86 ATC or soon to be got 86 TRX 250R Factory Racer. Red White and Blue daddy!!!! but more than likely a 250R of some sort. My buddy's are riding baby buggies..450r,450r,400ex or trx250r,and some wicked yammyhaa monster( thats my drag race there) I'm only one guy and need only one bike but I'll need a 5er of fuel. They really don't mess with you here but the less amount of tow vech the better. Thats why I asked if anyone can double-up. Troy and I are on the same trailer now so if you can it'll be great. Anyone know anyone who's looking to buy a 85 200x let me know.Girlfreinds bike for sale and it's HOT!!!!! Sidewayz can tell ya that. will e-mail pics I can't figure out how to get a pic on this site. DAM K-PRO teaches me to get my laptop from under an overpass

leviblue
10-28-2009, 10:54 PM
OH I FORGOT.......PHILLIES 4 yankees 0 GO PHILLIES

Side Wayz
10-28-2009, 11:11 PM
5-0 Phils!!!

Side Wayz
10-30-2009, 11:59 PM
LeviImight be coming aroundsome time nextweektoride a lil. just trying to these brakes.

leviblue
10-31-2009, 12:26 AM
call me today you can use my 200x wanna run the 250r going around 1pm or so gotta rip up the track and get some air time

Side Wayz
11-20-2009, 05:19 AM
hey whats the earliest we can come on sat. it will be my dad, brother, 2 friends and me.

oldtime3wheeler
11-21-2009, 11:50 PM
How was your guys ride today?

Side Wayz
11-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Well when I got there I rode for like 15 mins and my master link went ofter I went over a jump landed on the incline dug her in, and I'm thinking when I dug it in the chain of course dug in also and some type of debris and stuff pulled my saftey clip off. I had the opening facing foward. He went to get me on video to do it again and the chain fell right off. But I did have a spare from recently chaning the chain and spocket. Im gonna try to make it here Sun. for a bit and/or go to my buddys trail ride hitthe soy feildfor some great open speed and continue to get our trail system going some more.

leviblue
11-22-2009, 08:12 PM
bent the axle on the 250R watched nick lose a chain, it's on video. crused the 200x then switched to the quad cause i didn't want to get it dirty. if you saw my x you'd know why. STARTED THE YEAR END TEARDOWN OF THE 250R. New frame going to the coaters,sending out the rear shock for rebuild,lookin for a new axle, and buffing up the trees for the new forks. See ya in three weeks