PDA

View Full Version : 85 200x

seadoo650
09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
85 200X with High performance racing parts. I read through his auction and got a real chuckle when he describes the swinger. A very rare FOX swingarm. LOL Someone want to e-mail this poor soul and let him know if he paid $479.00 for a stock swingarm with a FOX sticker on it, he may want to find the person that sold it to him and beat them with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250501387247&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

chrisand4
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Wow, he sure seems proud of his super-mega high performance 3 wheeler(with rare soup-ups):rolleyes:

All kidding aside, it does look like a really nice X!

Xfile
09-20-2009, 09:59 PM
WTF was all that about??!! First it's set up for flat track racing (the rear tires just scream FLAT TRACK!!!!!) then it's set up for serious jumping....I guess when you add them together you get a trike set up for TT racing with a track that has a 75ft table top and a mud bog section....but I agree it's a good looking X, around $700 worth.

seadoo650
09-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Yea, but notice how he describes the swinger.

Kintore
09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
LOL man a fox swinger, that thing is HOSS!

I hope no one buys that, or im in real trouble-

"Horsepower to overtake them with ease, & as far as the Straight Away's, give it up, this thing tears'em up"

UH OH

Xfile
09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Shady.......no time to put a 50 cent piece of gas line on to get it running....but plenty of time to write a 45 minute description.....hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

seadoo650
09-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Sent him a message and got a reply. I think the guy got scammed by the seller of the swingarm. He posted the question in his ad.
Here's his reply.
Dear seadoo650,

Thank you, I will surely post a revision, I have never been taken advantage of by this shop and the guy who always works on my 3 & 4 wheelers. I will most definetely check with them, I doubt they will do anything unless I can find the bill sheet they charged me for on everything. I remember him telling me he had a tougher swingarm for it & I never doubted him. That really burns me up. I appreciate that as will the other folks who read the ad.

shortline10
09-21-2009, 07:47 PM
WOW a FOX swingarm I thought they only made gear like shirts and boots :naughty: just kidding . Seadoo i'm sure you do know their were more than 3 companies that made aftermarket swingers for the 200x . I can think of at least 7 and i'm sure their were more than that .:beer

Xfile
09-21-2009, 08:27 PM
This just all sounds strange. What was on his 200X when he got it? It must have had a stock swing arm I would guess. If someone charged me $400+ for a swingarm and it looked about the same as the stocker...you bet I would hold them side by side and take a better look. I guess it could happen, just seems really odd. But if he is telling the truth, I feel bad for the guy.

code200k
09-21-2009, 09:24 PM
nice trike i just dont get why people dont fix the 35 bucks worth of things wrong with there trikes or even cars and sell it then so they can get a better price exsp. if somebody is paying 500 plus for said car or trike

seadoo650
09-22-2009, 03:25 AM
WOW a FOX swingarm I thought they only made gear like shirts and boots :naughty: just kidding . Seadoo i'm sure you do know their were more than 3 companies that made aftermarket swingers for the 200x . I can think of at least 7 and i'm sure their were more than that .:beer

Yea, I figure there were prolly more but I don't know tham all. I do know FOX was not one though. Could you please list them off?

shortline10
09-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Yea, I figure there were prolly more but I don't know tham all. I do know FOX was not one though. Could you please list them off?

Just off the top of my head and without looking at any of my old mags . Durablue , Westcoast , Franks , CT Racing , DICO , Champion , Calfab . Here is a pic of my franks swing arm and I also have a really nice CT racing swingarm on one of my 200x's .