PDA

View Full Version : Death by Trike

esoltve
08-02-2003, 12:29 PM
I had a bad day this week when I ran over my daughter's cat while I was going over a dyke with my trike going about 40ish. Died on the spot and she saw it :( . She's only two but she loved that cat. My 5 year old son Jake walks around the house and calls me "katkiller" and he makes sure to tell all the in-laws I killed Jada's cat. He told me to be careful not to run over his Black Lab. Any one else ever have an experience like this. I damn near flipped when I hit it. Lucky I wasn't hurt, but I feel bad.

350Xccelerator
08-02-2003, 01:18 PM
thats gotta suck especially your son calling you kat killer.

esoltve
08-02-2003, 01:32 PM
He thinks he's pretty funny and I told him not to say that over and over, but he's 5 and independent. I have 2 goals this weekend I'm trying to find him a ATC70 or a trizinger to bribe him to be quiet and I'm going to find a new cat. He drives the MAnco 305 every once in a while, but the throttle is hard and it is heavy for a 5hp motor-about 350 lbs so it is hard for him to steer well. I have a line on a 90, bu tI don't think he is quite rady for that yet.

bakeban
08-02-2003, 02:24 PM
i remember i was on grandpas 250sx and my dog would follow me wherever i went. imy dad was in the in the truck going down the road and i was kind of behind him to the side. my dog could run about 40mph and she ran in between me and dad and i ran her over. it threw me in the ditch and i looked back and she was rolling down the road yelping. i was lucky i was able to save myself on the trike and i went back to her and she went home with her tail between her legs. she was ok but i felt bad. she was a black lab/ chow mix. best dog i ever had. she ended up kissing a car on the highway :( lucky for her the trike still had the balloon tires on it still.

MountainRider
08-02-2003, 03:15 PM
LMAO....cat killer!! My son would have said something like "Now there's another GOOD cat!!! He was bit in the face by a stray cat when he was like 5 years old, and had to get a gamma globulin shot in his butt, and the entire series of rabies shots. He hates cats now

ATC crazy
08-02-2003, 09:37 PM
I've hit a dog before. I never seen it before in my life, and it ran out in front of me when I was on my Foreman...I wasn't going that fast and I nailed 'em in his butt. He was limping a little when I looked back but, he seemed fine so I continued on. :rolleyes:

PowerTrike
08-03-2003, 02:32 AM
:D You scared me. I thought this was gonna be a serious and sad post. Um I've backed over my dogs hip with a van, Its still alive an kickin'; does that count? My neigbor hit his dog with a Kodiak and it had to have surgery... them poor dogs. Cats well thats another story ;) Sorry that your daughter had to see it though.

Hey thats pretty cool that you have manco trikes! Did you find them locally in MN? Where exactly is Osol anyway? I'm thinking its up north...

TeCaTe_MaN
08-03-2003, 04:14 AM
hehehhhehe....reminds me of when me and my friend were on this logger road and he was on his R and i was on my 200x, we were haulin @$$ down the road when suddenly i see his whole R shift and shake and i thought he was gonna crash :shock: then i seen this brown thing fly out from under his tire!!! and it turns out that he was chasing this squirrel for a good 100 feet and ran it over :D i am not sure how fast we were going but that squirrel must have been pretty tired from running that fast :D

esoltve
08-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Power... Oslo is up north 20 miles north of Grand Forks or 100 miles N of Fargo on the MN side. Also less than 1 hr from Canada. Found the Manco 305 at a local farm auction 20 miles from here for $75 and the 310 out in Montana for $100.00. Lately I've seen lots of Big Reds for sale at auctions, but I want something smaller for my son. I've been lucky for leads on cheap bigger trikes as I got my 81 ATC200 for $100.00 and my 82 ATC200 for $200. A guy that lives one mile S. of me has people from Duluth, Brainard, and ND bringing trikes to him to fix. He used to be "Honda certified" in the early 80's so he knows what he is doing and he gets good leads.Where you from Power?

PowerTrike
08-03-2003, 10:18 PM
Me, I'm about 30 miles north of Brainerd near Pequot Lakes. Might have heard of the town?

esoltve
08-04-2003, 09:49 AM
Are your near Nisswa(sp)?

PowerTrike
08-05-2003, 12:22 AM
Yes, actually I am. Nisswa is about a 15-20 min. drive south of me.

esoltve
08-05-2003, 10:15 AM
I go to Nisswa every once in a while- my wife's uncle lives there

benscool1
08-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Hey, the towns you guys are talkin about, they are all right on 371 right? I live in central Illinois, but I go to vacation in Hackensack. I just got back 2 weeks ago. Fishin was great, water was warm, great fun.

Dan Tenn
08-08-2003, 09:55 AM
"Hackensack MN: A quaint drinking village with a fishing problem"

Bumper stickers are sold that say that at the local bait shop. :-D

mkramm
08-08-2003, 11:33 AM
I had a cat sitting on my 85 chevy picup engine one winter. Took me a week to get all the fur & blood outta that engine compartment. What a mess :( Only thing cats are good for is target practice.

benscool1
08-08-2003, 12:31 PM
Yeah, Swansons? My uncle who goes up there with us has one of those on his semi, his suburban, and his pickup, maybe my aunts car too?

AirManCam
08-10-2003, 10:29 PM
I hit a dog in the dodge the other day :(

honda200
08-10-2003, 10:57 PM
ran over a coon today on the dirt bike

Curtis

AirManCam
08-11-2003, 12:20 AM
I almost hit a bobcat on the rancher. Them bucks are fast!

Russell 350X
08-15-2003, 10:56 AM
I ran my black lab over 4 fregin times with the 185s. the dumb mut, tries to eat my front tire when im goin throught the lawn or down the road. i thought she learned the 1st time, but shes a dummy. ive hit her with the sled before too lol :D

AirManCam
08-17-2003, 12:46 PM
I ran my black lab over 4 fregin times with the 185s. the dumb mut, tries to eat my front tire when im goin throught the lawn or down the road. i thought she learned the 1st time, but shes a dummy. ive hit her with the sled before too lol :D
Haha you sound like a nice guy lol. ATTENTION EVERY ONE! DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN AN ANIMAL THATS FREE TO A GOOD HOME. Lmao :D

Russell 350X
08-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Haha you sound like a nice guy lol. ATTENTION EVERY ONE! DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN AN ANIMAL THATS FREE TO A GOOD HOME. Lmao :D

lol :) yes, i know im a mean SOB lol! :oops:

AirManCam
08-17-2003, 08:20 PM
LOL! That is funny! :D Why dont you just get a underground fence? :?

Russell 350X
08-17-2003, 09:11 PM
LOL! That is funny! :D Why dont you just get a underground fence? :?

I don't want to keep my dog "caged up" is why I don't have one, but she is slowly starting to learn that rubber taste's bad! lol