PDA

View Full Version : Any Bmx Riders In Here

Coty
08-02-2003, 09:02 PM
if there is lets talk... :twisted:

ATC crazy
08-02-2003, 09:22 PM
My nephew and some of his friends are. I rode for a little while but su-ck-ed arse so I quit :rolleyes:

rippn250R
08-02-2003, 10:06 PM
I use to ride alot but then all my friends stopped so i slowed down a bit. I try to ride when i have free time but it gets boring by yourself. I have an FBM angel of death that is built pretty sweet.

Coty
08-02-2003, 10:42 PM
i stopped riding a couple of years ago, i have been trying to ride them since i was 5, and i am now 19, i more less like to build the bikes and jump dirt and find good ditches to jump....but back to the building part, you guys got any parts you wanna get rid of?

yamaha200E
08-02-2003, 11:27 PM
hey i do alot of riding. i mostly hit dirt ramps and ditches on my 98 air dno. its an ok bike i guess. but i stripped it to nothin but the basic things to ride no brakes nothing. today i almost spilled but i didnt. i ramped a ditch and hit a bunch of mudd and i didnt see it and my bike slipped out from unda mee but i stayed on my feet.
kyle

TrikeKid
08-03-2003, 01:10 AM
i do mbmx does that count (mbmx: Mini Bicyle Moto Cross)

samster143
08-03-2003, 12:05 PM
I have reced, owned, and basicly put lots of miles on about every kind of bike there is. When I was younger I raced bmx for about 10 yrs. then started with MTN bikes, went to road bikes and basicly love riding pedal bikes. right now I have an answer Manitou mtn bike with xtr- 23.0 lbs, and cannondale cad 3 w/ 9 speed dura ace-17.5 lb. I like riding the mtn bike in all kinds of nasty stuff and catching big air. only a few years ago I had a nice Hutch bmx, but found it to be too small for me I gave it to my friends son.

3WheelsForever
08-03-2003, 06:00 PM
About 2 yrs ago I rode alot but I only ride a little now. Im into the flatland bmxing. I was riding and practicing all the time untill I got into trikes. I still ride everyonce in a while but Im in the process of getting new brakes and a new paint job.

Yamaha_Rules69
08-03-2003, 10:34 PM
I ride bmx quite a bit. I'm 17, and have been riding since I can rember. I like to race, dirt jump, do freestyle, and occasionally some flatland. I dont like flatland as much, because its hard to do the tricks just right. I have been working on this tailwhip that I just cant get down. I do it the endo way. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Anyways, I have a 02' Haro TR 2.3, and my brother has a Haro Backtrail X2. We trade off every once in a while. I participate in a few races each year, and may be thinking of joining a sponsership next year with some friends, but dont know.

honda200
08-03-2003, 10:58 PM
I ride, I am 15, i had a norco I picked up from the local dump, my friend and i pieced it together and all, new seat, front brakes, and it had a coaster brake, but i broke the handle bars last night, now i am hopefully gettin my friend's neighbours GT BMX for free, its an older style, but it needs some TLC, rims, tires, crank, paint.

In the procces of building a half pipe and some verts, no big tricks yet, soon.

Curtis

Rod
08-03-2003, 11:52 PM
I used to ride all the time. I'm 31 now & only ride my mtn. bike now & then till I get a new one. I also used to have a 1/2 pipe, small but still cool.

bakeban
08-04-2003, 12:24 AM
. I have been working on this tailwhip that I just cant get down. I do it the endo way. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

eddie fiola all the way baby. :D

atcmatt
08-05-2003, 03:23 AM
i used to race bmx. about 2 years ago. i rode a GT speed series expert which was a good bike. but i got sick of it and quit. damn thats an expensive sport.

short4stuff
08-05-2003, 01:13 PM
I ride BMX (freestyle) ....... tricks and chit

x3IzEW
08-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Yeah, ive been riding BMX for about 4 years now. Im 15 and i got down 360's at the local skatepark (4 Seasons Milwakee) right before i broke my leg about two months ago. I spent 600 bucks on a used bike and didnt even get to ride it much this summer! lol I usally ride street at this place called Color Ink, they've got a cool wallride and some loading docks i do fastplants and 270's in. I was also learning smith grinds and icepick stalls in the mini at the skatepark. Anyways, my bike is a mutiny frame, odyssey hazard lites, xs bars, redneck stem, s&m pitchfork, xs cranks, macneil sprocket, you get the idea. Anyone else ride in SE Wisconsin?

1985ATC250R
08-10-2003, 05:37 AM
yah i ride bmx.i have a standard trls250.top of the line stuff on it

Coty
08-10-2003, 08:30 PM
hey bakeban, i know exactly what your talking about, we do it around here with no front brakes, we just stick our foot in the tire lean it up and spin it around... i will try to get some pics up.

Coty
08-11-2003, 09:44 PM
i threw on some front brakes today so i could pull a indo.

3WheelsForever
08-13-2003, 12:40 PM
Yah Yamaha I know what your talking about. Ive nailed the trick a few times. Its perty hard to do but Ive been working on one where you are laying on the handlebars and going in a circle. I forget what its called. Here is a really cool site where I learned all of my tricks. They teach you in videos if you have quicktime I think.

www.bmxtrix.com

bakeban
08-13-2003, 01:03 PM
hey coty i see that you have the same kind of camera guy that i do. cant take a pic to save his life :D i wish i could do all those tricks. i love the movie RAD. if you havent seen it you should. me and my brother built a couiple of 1/4 pipes and tried to ride them but i was so young that i couldnt quite get it to work. then there was this one that we made that had a small 1/4 pipe onto a platform and then to the ground like the one that cru was practicing the backflip on in that movie. it was the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. i could never do anything though. i can bunny hop :)

Kilborg
08-14-2003, 08:24 AM
I raced in the nbl for a few years. I was right about to get a sponsorship from a local shop i bought alot of stuff from and was like one win points wise from going into the expert class (i think i must have been 14 or 15). We ended up moving to where racing wasnt popular..I tried to still make a couple last races after i moved but i just got out of it. I still do some dirt jumping and stuff with my schwinn.

Dirtcrasher
08-17-2003, 10:22 AM
I had a KUWAHARA with bullseye hubs, CW bars - you name it. Every penny went into this bike. I race the TBL for about 3 years, had 2nd place at a national event until I got sylish and crashed - typical me. The parents didn't want to spend their weekends at the racetrack anymore so it closed down and I sold my bike for 150$ to fix my RM100. And then all the neighborhood kids had nothing to do except hang out and dress like the bro's and get pregnant at 14 yrs old.....hmmm maybe that was the start of all this crap!!