PDA

View Full Version : St Anthony, Idaho---Another black eye for the sport

boneidaho
08-03-2003, 07:26 PM
An out of state kid got killed on his 4 wheeler a couple of day's ago at our famous sand dunes here in St. Anthony, Idaho. He got to the top, and over he went and landed 30 feet below on some Lava Rock's. I don't recall if he had a helmet or not. They showed the quad and the lava rock's on the evening new's, and the fender's were not broke, but bent out of shape. When you deal with lava rock's, you will loose. If you are wondering where lava rock's came from, remember that Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park is 80 miles from there as the crow fly's. There are old inactive Volcano's all over around here. We have many thriving public swimming pool's with natural hot spring's around here. They don't heat the water. It's naturally HOT. I'm serious when I say this, they have to put cold water in the swimming pool's to cool the water before people can go into it. Thus, all the volcano's around me, and Old Faithful not to far from me. These swimming pool's are open all year round. I've been to them when it's 10 degree's F. It feel's great. There is a major smell of sulfer though. Smell's like rotten egg's. You get used to it. Go ahead and FART ! Cause no one will know. :D This weekend a little girl fell off of the boardwalk in Yellowstone and fell into hot water. She was burnt badly, but not life threatening.