PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Ramblers Oct 18th OTC Rd 7

TimSr
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
The final round of the 2009 OTC Race Series will be this coming weekend at Sunset Ramblers. There seemed to be almost no interest in Saturdays Flat Track racing, so we are just looking at Sunday's MX racing. Sunset Ramblers has a very large track, and usually very techincal. Most of the traveling front runners are opting out for Malvern on the 31st so this would be a great opportunity for 2nd tier racers. They still have a bunch of 3 wheeler trophies down there from when we used to have regular turn out. Im still without a transport rig, but I plan to beg, steal, or borrow one.
Roll Call Sign Up below

more info www.sunsetramblers.com

TimSr

kiser
10-12-2009, 10:45 PM
As long as i get the lights wired up on my trailer im gonna be there. I HOPE IT DONT RAIN!! The two times that i have motocrossed it rained both times and that sucks......but worth it. haha See you guys sunday.

kiser
10-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Is anybody else going????

TimSr
10-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Is anybody else going????

Its looking like its going to be just us. I put a call in to Mark, Brian, and Jason C., but havent heard back from any yet. Blacksheep said he was 75% chance.

If there is only two of us, we can probably go ahead and run Small Bore class. If Blacksheep makes it, we'll have 3 and theyll give us a class.

seadoo650
10-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Tim, I am 50/50 as of right now. I would love to make it and have the money. What time is cut off for sign up? I may still be there.

TimSr
10-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Tim, I am 50/50 as of right now. I would love to make it and have the money. What time is cut off for sign up? I may still be there.

Gates open at 7:00, They have requested signup by 8:30, and practice is at 9:00. I hope you can make it. Looks like we have a 3 wheeler class! :Bounce

kiser
10-18-2009, 08:40 PM
How was the race? I couldnt make it i didnt get my trailer fixed. Did you have a good turn out??

seadoo650
10-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Tim Sr., myself and Bill Casey were the only three that showed for the three wheelers. It was enough for our own class. They pair'ed ius up with women's quad, which consisted of one rider. The track conditions were great.

1st. moto: Bill got the win. Tims Sr. had a fuel issue and I squeaked by him and managed to hold him off for 2nd. and Sr. got third.

2nd moto: Bill again got the win, Sr. second and myself third. That's had the overall was too.

I don't believe we got any pics but there was a guy there from Bars Racing so he may have some up on his site soon.

Kintore
10-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Sounds awesome guys!

too bad I couldnt make it, feels like I got the swine flu up here..... cough cough hack hack

TimSr
10-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Great times, and today great pain! Thanks to Rick and Bill for coming out to make a class and represent. The folks out at Sunset Ramblers really miss a three wheeler presence there. Its always good to see Derrick and Brandon as well.

On another note, the track has changed drastically for the better. Its much more quad friendly now. The dangerous doubled have been replaced with much more forgiving. Its still harder than Malvern, but its easier than Lightning. I know you guys would love it if you rode on it, and these people have done more for OTC in the early days than anybody other than Smith Rd.

Tri-Z 250
10-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Great times, I know you guys would love it if you rode on it, and these people have done more for OTC in the early days than anybody other than Smith Rd.

Maybe next year...I had prior comitments,....Do Sunset Ramblers only run a few times per year(from what I thought)? Maybe the OTC sould make this a prefered race to show support to Sunset Ramblers. The weather must have been perfect. See you all Hollween.....Malvern....Booo! GhostRider!!!!!

3leggeddog
10-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Sunset holds a series every year.10 races.this year they even had double race weekends with camping,which would be great for people traveling.you could race both days,or just saturday and make your drive back home sunday.Sunset is a great track,and has seen it's fair share of 3 wheeler racin.if we get a bunch of guys up this way i will come out of retirement and borrow a machine to run.I don't think the track is easier then Lightning tho.it maybe safer,but lightning is a $h!t hole compared to sunset in my eyes.it killed me seeing some trikes on my track without a rig to ride,got the 3leggeddog itchin,and it ain't fleas either.maybe time to remind ya'll who I am ;-)

Kintore
10-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Lets run dawgggy, its been awhile good buddy.

Think its time the padowon showed the masta who eats the dog biscuits around here!

:)

Tri-Z 250
10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
maybe time to remind ya'll who I am ;-)

Sounds like Malvern is calling.....you gonna pickup?:naughty:

Yeah, thanks for the info...Sr and OTC camp...you guys work the series to run. I vote next year to include one of these dual weekends. Whatever the 2 day race w/campout would be a test of machine prep forsure. It's kinda nice to have choices but tuff to choose.:confused:

Derrick Adams
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
I doubt we'll see any more two day races at Sunset. Race turnout was very low on Sundays.

kiser
10-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Sounds like it would have been a good time! Im gonna try to make it to more races next year for sure! Is anybody going to the indoor at summit this winter? We raced our 70s there last winter and went up the next weekend to watch the 3wheeler MX. Im in on that for sure if anybody is going. I didnt have anything to race at the last indoor or i would have.

Kintore
10-20-2009, 07:12 AM
I think we are planning to run both like we have the last few years.

Tri-Z 250
10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
We raced our 70s there last winter .

:idea: Keep 3WW and OTC up to speed on that.

kiser
10-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Sounds good to me! Im looking forward to raceing there this winter. Hopefully some of you guys can make it to flat track 70s with us. We are always looking for new racers. I will keep you guys updated on the flat track but keep me updated on the MX.

TimSr
10-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Sunset holds a series every year.10 races.this year they even had double race weekends with camping,which would be great for people traveling.

This was originally supposed to be a two day event, but with flat track on Saturday, but we couldnt drum up much interest in flat track, and then interest kind of fizzled on the MX as well in favor of running a 2nd Malvern. I think if we could get a group to come once, they'd be dying to come back. Especially those who base their perceptions on the way the track used to be. I would rate the track better than Malvern, but Id disagree and say it equals Lightning in my eyes, and what I look for in a track.
Id love to see you get a trike to ride there. OTC really got our first respectable turnouts there, and that was because we could always count on you and Derrick, and whoever else you guys could drag along. It was obvious they miss seeing us there. The girl riding women's class that was combined with us was quoted at the line as saying "Ive never seen a 3 wheeler in person before". This is a tragedy we cannot allow. As Hillary said, "Its about the children....".

3leggeddog
10-21-2009, 04:44 PM
lol thats my friend marks girl.she is cool,and a pretty decent rider!The whole MX scene blew up as soon as I stepped back.

it won't be long before I have had chased the quad scene as far asi want to,and return to trikes.i will just have to settle for guest apperances here and there untill then.as you seen sunday,I got alot of practice to do on the quad.I wasn't going full steam over there,keeping my championship(s) in mind,but even still,gotta find some more speed!

TimSr
10-21-2009, 06:12 PM
lol thats my friend marks girl.she is cool,and a pretty decent rider!The whole MX scene blew up as soon as I stepped back.

it won't be long before I have had chased the quad scene as far asi want to,and return to trikes.i will just have to settle for guest apperances here and there untill then.as you seen sunday,I got alot of practice to do on the quad.I wasn't going full steam over there,keeping my championship(s) in mind,but even still,gotta find some more speed!

She wasnt extremely fast, but her technique was super. She wouldnt give me an error to make a pass. I forsee her getting much faster with experience. She is a good rider with a lot of yet to be realized potential.

You were looking pretty good out there too! I think youre almost at the point that winning isnt as appealing any more as going back to having more fun with it. I think some guest appearances is the way to go. I think youll get a little more competition this time around when you work your way up to the top again.

3leggeddog
10-22-2009, 08:25 AM
yeah she just had a nasty spill over there about a month ago.nosed it over the big table top.she is still gettin the fear worked back out.

i got one more hard year on the quad.gonna do the nationals.if i dont pick up a few more sponsors i will be back to doing local stuff and riding trikes.at that point,i will be building a nice 250f trike.Derrick is working on gettin a couple trikes put together so i should have some thing to ride this year with you guys.I think I can still ride one of those things!??? ;-)

Kintore
10-22-2009, 08:36 AM
only one way to know brotha! cant wait to see ya out there!

seadoo650
10-22-2009, 08:53 PM
yeah she just had a nasty spill over there about a month ago.nosed it over the big table top.she is still gettin the fear worked back out.

i got one more hard year on the quad.gonna do the nationals.if i dont pick up a few more sponsors i will be back to doing local stuff and riding trikes.at that point,i will be building a nice 250f trike.Derrick is working on gettin a couple trikes put together so i should have some thing to ride this year with you guys.I think I can still ride one of those things!??? ;-)

Meh, your old and lacking experience now. I could probably take ya. shens

3leggeddog
10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Meh, your old and lacking experience now. I could probably take ya. shens

no need to poke the dog with a stick.

don't wake the sleeping giant! :mad: