PDA

View Full Version : Soooo, WALMART says to me.......

Dirtcrasher
10-18-2009, 07:54 PM
I went down for my winter months supply of cat litter. I hate carrying the bags downstairs in the snow/cold etc... I couldn't find my brand?

I said, "Where is the Cats Pride cat litter??" and the manager said "WALMART will no longer carry PET ITEMS made overseas".

So, I thought for 5 seconds and I said rather angrily "If WALMART carried only ALL AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS imagine the jobs that would be saved!!", of course she looked at me like I was nuts...............

Who wants to bet that the shipping cost was the only issue??

I'm sure they'll get some crappy American made brand because WE CAN'T AFFORD TO MAKE GOOD STUFF IN THE GOOD OLE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to your children all you parents out there :(

Billy Golightly
10-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Oil dry from Napa?

Saul
10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Robert DeNiro doesn't have that problem!
http://www.digisys.net/fhspub/00-01/march30/images/meet_da_parents_yo2.gif

Gotta toilet train em Steve!
http://www.tailsofthecitymd.com/images/cat_toilet.jpg

Dirtcrasher
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
^ I wish!!

I just couldn't believe there response. They were the sole reason my machinist job went bye bye. We couldn't even buy the paper, cardboard and glue for less than a completed product we got from china and repackaged with a "Thompsons Product" sticker; because they wanted to pay near nothing for.......

racerxxx
10-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey Saul,

Don't forget Jinxey lack opposable thumbs, so he can't fluch the toilet Focker!:lol:

Bryan Raffa
10-18-2009, 09:21 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

only you steve ...try tity cat multiple cat scoopable... dont say I never helped ya.. or.. the other choice ..is to let them piss on your honda parts!:idea:

Thorpe
10-18-2009, 09:30 PM
First problem being... You went to Walmart... :rolleyes:

Honda_Dude
10-19-2009, 05:24 AM
The "No Pet Items Overseas" thingy probably came about due to the deaths from the Ole Roy dog food from China, but yah it'd be nice if America would become America again. Bye bye Capitalism, hello Communism............................

atctim
10-19-2009, 06:46 AM
Oh my gosh - Walmart won't buy pet supplied from overseas - but will buy human supplies of all shapes and varieties vfrom overseas????? WTF - I thought everything from Walmart came from overseas. I would bet it was because the cat litter manufacturer won't manufacture it at Walmart's cost! Go someplace else that sells it and buy it. Otherwise you are hurting the manufacturer. Just one more reason to hate that place. It has now been 2 years since I stepped foot in a Wal-mart. I have no plans of ever stepping in one again. Gosh - I hate that place - just hearing the name makes me cringe!

The Goat
10-19-2009, 08:17 AM
tractor supply steve....they have good pet stuff. and their prices on premium food are CHEAP.

you can get 50 pounds of diamond for like 20 bucks

johnny's X
10-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Easy fix. Kill the cats!

fabiodriven
10-19-2009, 08:41 AM
tractor supply steve....they have good pet stuff. and their prices on premium food are CHEAP.

We don't have TSC up here Cade. It's a shame because I hear really good things about that place.

I went in Walmart last week for the first time in about three years. I've been plotting to fire bomb a few of them, but keep that under your hat....;)

Jim mac
10-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Probably all the cheap stuff from china is what make the obama gang able to say that there is no cost of living increase for social security because there is no inflation. Unless of course you consider health insurance going up 10%, Interest at under 1% at banks, gas prices edging back up. But the everyday crap you really dont need hasnt gone up that much. jim

Jason Hall
10-19-2009, 11:56 AM
I agree with Billy about the Napa oil dry LOL that stuff Is the BEST :w00t:

ATC-Eric
10-19-2009, 01:32 PM
So you got a new kitty! Thats awesome. Gotta get me one here soon.....

ditchmud
10-19-2009, 04:47 PM
I agree with Billy about the Napa oil dry LOL that stuff Is the BEST :w00t:

That's funny cuz I use cheapo cat litter for oil dry:lol:

rdlsz24
10-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Too bad everything else in the store is from China lol

Rob

Dirtcrasher
10-19-2009, 05:34 PM

I wish we had them up here too.

We have Walmart super stores with foodmarts, They're about 30% cheaper than Stop and Shop, Shaws and Hannafords which are the other markets around here. I don't have much of a choice in this economy..........

Mrs.Mosh
10-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Steve, do you have a Pet Smart around you? The pet store near us sells litter (can't remember exactly but it was something cheap like)25 cents a pound. Big bins you just scoop and weigh. Good way to stock up.
Also, Dollar General has brand name litter cheap.
Just a few ideas.

I too hate Wal-mart.

tanks350x
10-19-2009, 05:45 PM
here is a store locator for Tractor supply stores in our area
http://www.tractorsupply.com/StoreLocatorSearchAndResultsView

edog
10-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Easy fix. Kill the cats!

Here at 3 wheeler world we don't condone to the killing of cats.........:welcome:

chris200x
10-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Here at 3 wheeler world we don't condone to the killing of cats.........:welcome:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :w00t:

Dirtcrasher
10-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Best thing EDOG ever said!! :D

Hey, I HATED HATED HATED cats until the ex wife FORCED me to take in Charlie and Rocky Raccoon. They were such a blast to have around, I started to like cats....

Dogs jump (esp when your dressed well :lol:), bark, and have to be taken outside in the cold, heat, rain etc etc for exercise and crapping on your lawn. Just not something I wanted to deal with. They are great companions and protectors, I just don't like maintenance in ANYTHING I spend time with; Except for TRIKES!! :D And cute girls :)

Then I dated a girl for a bit, she moved in and she wanted cats, hence the situation I got into. Alex had a sister, I threw her outside just a few months ago; She really upset the balance of my home. She ran around at any movement and trimming her claws was like finding parts for a TIGER. I honestly opened the door and threw her out, felt bad about it later but she was one useless cat. Thats the thing, many cats are useless, they run and hide from people and basically just live in the home and I hate those types of cats. Once "Princess" was gone ALEX got more social and even made his way upstairs to hang out with me at night which was something he had never done before. So, he got better, then sick, then better, then dead. And I still miss him very very very much today, he never got to enjoy his short life, his sister always scared him, so I felt bad about all that.

Believe me all, it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what type of person someone is over the internet. I help people I don't even know..... Just because I sometimes come across as harsh means nothing. I just want to save our trikes and fix them right. I am a compassionate empathetic and caring person who cares about people and animals........

I had to bite my tongue at Brapps house when he killed a Blue Jay that was having some breakfast at the bird feeder that lured him in...... I do respect people that hunt, I just prefer they do so for the meat and not just the loss of life. We are all raised differently and I respect that :beer

Anyhow back on topic, I guess aside from the cat crap (no pun intended :D) I was just annoyed with the fact that they could single out a mere handful of the products they carry and BAN them, yet the rest of the crap they sell IS from overseas, cheap and does NOTHING for us here in AMERICA. That is unless your goal is to work in Walmart.........

Walmart closed at least 4 major retail stores in our area, the only survivor being TARGET. Those other stores had different products and sales that I could watch. Now I am forced to buy Walmart products or orderb the things I really want/need online which also probably come from overseas. It's destroying our country IMO....

Walmart is not a good thing, they forced out all the smaller guys and forced us to go to there store. I admire the people that won't even go there but there just aren't allot of alternatives when the managed to close down all there competitors. At some point, they can raise all there prices above what the competition was priced at and were screwed. Very sad and very bad for our economy. The US is on a terrible path and IDT it's going to ever recover. That machine shop post I made shows what we USE TO be able to do in the US, and that kept our economy flowing. Shut down the borders, nothin in and nothing out and I believe we would be a strong economic country!

Tammy, we do have a Pet Smart around here, I'll have to check it out, great suggestion - THANKS!! :beer

plastikosmd
10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
......amen!^

Honda_Dude
10-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Rural King is another store similar to Tractor Supply if you have any of those around.

code200k
10-19-2009, 07:25 PM
I wish we had them up here too.

We have Walmart super stores with foodmarts, They're about 30% cheaper than Stop and Shop, Shaws and Hannafords which are the other markets around here. I don't have much of a choice in this economy..........

go to the closes one and make it a day trip.tractor supply is awsome.they got everything and prices aint that bad...buy a truck load of kitty litter and you will be set for a long time

harryredtrike
10-20-2009, 01:33 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

only you steve ...try tity cat multiple cat scoopable... dont say I never helped ya.. or.. the other choice ..is to let them piss on your honda parts!:idea:

tity cat or tidy cat?i have an image of the fockers movie for some reason.you know you can milk a cat.

Thorpe
10-20-2009, 11:38 PM
^^^ Harry has nipples too... Can you milk him?

tanks350x
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
yo DC, Nicole uses fresh step for her 2 cats, she said you can get it anywhere. 40lb bag for $13. works good too