PDA

View Full Version : 6 more users, and we hit the 2,000 registered users mark!

Billy Golightly
08-05-2003, 02:24 PM
and thats AWESOME. I know I can (And probably a few of you guys) remember when there was only 10-15 of us on the old original InsideTheWeb post board, where you couldn't even register your name....how things have changed :D

J.D.
08-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Yeah, those were the days weren't they?

smokinwrench
08-05-2003, 07:50 PM
I heard a rumor that HondaATC is going to give the 2000th member his personnel 500x trike. Everyone should thank him it is very nice that he is doing this.

Way togo HondaATC :-D

Josh

Paybacks are hell LMAO

ATC crazy
08-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Its good that we stay small though....I like small sites.

Billy Golightly
08-05-2003, 08:47 PM
I'll just have to make sure "Billy Golightly" is the 2,000th registered member :P

Jeb
08-06-2003, 06:02 PM
and thats AWESOME. I know I can (And probably a few of you guys) remember when there was only 10-15 of us on the old original InsideTheWeb post board, where you couldn't even register your name....how things have changed :D

Billy, remember all the BS with those guys Chase and Rub among others??? :D :D :rolleyes: These guys would post crap under someone elses name. Seems like they used to use Tri-Z Jims name allot to post crap.

D@mn, this board has come a long way!

short4stuff
08-07-2003, 01:08 PM
2000 USERS.....

The 2000 person is TRISTEN so do they get our 500x HondaATC ???

LOL :D

Manny55
08-07-2003, 01:19 PM
we have 2000 members but theres only like 100 that are active

Billy Golightly
08-07-2003, 04:18 PM
And you know this how? :rolleyes: Theres way more then a 100 users active.

MountainRider
08-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Perhaps Manny55 is a "Super Hacker" with an awesome Super Hacking computer that runs on "High performance Havoline."

Or maybe he's just psychic...or an alien with superior mental abilities.

LMAO, Just kidding Manny. I just couldn't resist after that night in chat! Had to get at least 1 jab in.

Keep it real man, later

benscool1
08-07-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey, I have a question, is it me, or is the only founder of the site that is ever on the forums is Howdy? Whatever happened to Threewheelio? I hear some guys talk about him once in awhile, but I don't think I've seen a post made in awhile. Just curious.

TimSr
08-08-2003, 09:17 AM
Howdy is not one of the founders of the site. He and HondaATC inherited the site's admininstartion when it became too much for Threewheelio, who is the sole founder. Threewheelio pops in once in a great while, and still has contact with peopel on here. HondaATC recently posted a "hello for threewheelio" message on here.

Howdy
08-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Howdy is not one of the founders of the site. He and HondaATC inherited the site's admininstartion when it became too much for Threewheelio, who is the sole founder. Threewheelio pops in once in a great while, and still has contact with peopel on here. HondaATC recently posted a "hello for threewheelio" message on here.

TimSr is correct. I didn't help start the site. I joined in 9 months after it was started. I have been here almost daily since. lol I started moderating in June 2000. It's been a long haul!!

TW is planning on coming back. He is just getting his life together right now. He is and always be the King here. If it wasn't for him this site wouldn't have been. I thank him for starting it!!
Howdy

short4stuff
08-08-2003, 10:15 AM
:D

Thats cool

Billy Golightly
08-08-2003, 10:37 AM

TimSr is correct. I didn't help start the site. I joined in 9 months after it was started. I have been here almost daily since. lol I started moderating in June 2000. It's been a long haul!!

TW is planning on coming back. He is just getting his life together right now. He is and always be the King here. If it wasn't for him this site wouldn't have been. I thank him for starting it!!
Howdy

Yup. I was on the old board one day, and I seen a post by Tim, and I remeber it almost as clear now is I did when I first seen it...

"Adopt 3wheelerworld" and when I clicked on it, I read his message, about how he no longer has time to work on the site, and he just can't do it anymore. So I hopped into the ATVconnection chat hoping to catch him (the message was only posted like 20 minutes beforehand) and then I told him I'd be more then happy to help work on the site for him, and so it started. Howdy was already moderating the board at the time (And had been for sometime. BONUS 3WW trivia, who moderated the insidetheweb board before Howdy?) so after I worked on the site for a while I figured I'd recruit Howdy into helping with the site and stuff, so we got toether and worked on things, and soon we had converted the entire old site into a whole new layout (Similar to the current one) but we had some problems and had to change some things (Because it wasn't viewable on all browsers, only internet explorer) and thats when the site got the layout it does now. I'll try and dig up some more information (Chat logs with TW, screen shots from the old site, maybe even make it functional) It would be neat to do.

Jeb
08-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Yup. I was on the old board one day, and I seen a post by Tim, and I remeber it almost as clear now is I did when I first seen it...

"Adpot 3wheelerworld" and when I clicked on it, ...

I remember that post too Billy! I was scared to death it was going to shut down when I saw that. Glad it didn't and thanks to Billy and Howdy it's grown considerably. I like wheelio and like to see him come back around. He deserves allot of credit for starting this site, but Billy & Howdy deserve the credit for growing this site to what it is today in my opinion. You guys have been calling the shots now for longer than he did in the beginning. You guys are the KINGS of 3 wheeler world!

Thanks guys for your dedication!

Not that it matters, but this post was number 666 for me! I haven't been so proud since I rolled over post 69! :shock:

Billy Golightly
08-08-2003, 01:18 PM
Nice going Jeb, lol....I need to make it where it goes from 665 to 667 :P

Howdy
08-08-2003, 03:34 PM
BONUS 3WW trivia, who moderated the insidetheweb board before Howdy?) so after I worked on the site for a while I figured I'd recruit Howdy into helping with the site and stuff, so we got toether and worked on things, and soon we had converted the entire old site into a whole new layout (Similar to the current one) but we had some problems and had to change some things (Because it wasn't viewable on all browsers, only internet explorer) and thats when the site got the layout it does now. I'll try and dig up some more information (Chat logs with TW, screen shots from the old site, maybe even make it functional) It would be neat to do.

Am I allowed to answer? I know this one. lol I remember when we TW had decided to get a regular moderator. It was back in April-May 2000. I emailed TW and told him I would moderate. Originally TW picked the other guy. But it didn't work out ( the person didn't have the time ). TW Emailed me and ask if I was still interested. I said Yes and he told me this "The most important thing is to NOT Flack with the settings". He never looked back after that.

I remember when Billy took over Updating the site also. There was like 20 updates right away. I remember and should still have the Original NEW layout that Billy was working on. At that time I didn't know enough HTML at all. Billy IM'd me and told me he was going to forget it. He couldn't get it to work right. I told him to send the file to me and I would look at it. I took a crash course in html. It took us around 3 weeks to find the 1 line of code that was the problem. Once that was fixed we changed the site 75% over in about a week. There was only 35 pages or so. back then when we added a new page we had to change the link on each of the old pages. Thankfully we changed that.

ahhh, the memories.
Howdy

Billy Golightly
08-08-2003, 04:20 PM
Man you guys are in for a treat! I've located the OLD ORIGINAL layout for the site! Back when ThreeWheelio use to work on it! I've got to edit some pictures into, but I should have it near FULLY FUNCTIONAL within a week or so, it'll be great.