PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

cmracer15
11-06-2002, 05:53 PM
I was riding my 125m a little while ago out in some heavy woods..i was in about 2nd gear just puttin around..and the engine started to cough and shut off..i tried starting it after that and it wouldnt even show a sign of trying to start back up. so there i was 5 miles from home in the middle of the woods with a broken 3 wheeler.i let it sit for bout 10 minutes and tried it again and i got a fire and it started to run ruff..so i floored it to clear out whatever was in it. and it ran fine. Then it did it again. same thing ..let it sit then it started. so i put it in low range and 1st gear and just had the rpms up real high and got outa the woods..and it never shut off...then once i got on the road i put it in high but still had to wind it out on the gears so it wouldnt die...i am assuming the spark plug was fouling from running the low rpms...my engine does smoke a little bit. so im gona go buy a new one today...what do you guys think the prob is??? am i right?? thanks

ps..the spark plug has been in it since i got it last year..and they guy had had the bike for 4 years..and its probly the same plug..lol

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-06-2002, 06:03 PM
well you pretty much answered your question yourself....the spark plug, but also the air filter could be clogged so its choking the engine out, buy a new plug anyways though, if that doesnt work, check the air filter, if they doesnt work, your carb. could be adjusted wrong

350Xrider
11-06-2002, 06:09 PM
I doubt it is the air filter is the culprit , because it ran good beffore that little incident right? Filters can't just clog instantaniously. If it had been sittind for a while and you just got it it could be the cause. Did you have it in deep water or anything?

Lots_Of_Nothing
11-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Edit by HondaATC:Insulting other members and starting fights is not permitted. If you have beef with someone take it to a Private message or email. If you have any questions for me send me a PM

cmracer15
11-06-2002, 07:23 PM
No i have never had it under water...i just rode it last week..and it ran fine..but like i said..it does smoke some..so it must be the plug.?