PDA

View Full Version : Some Money in my pocket....

speed20
08-06-2003, 03:04 PM
I tell you.....some older people are cool as heck.....but some are also ditzy as heck!!! ok....I raced the 200sx and won by about 6 car lengths....thats 75$.....so he says ill be back in about 45 minutes...hes going to put his COBRA pipe on it....so i wait at my friends house for him....and he finally comes back and wants to race for 75$ again.....same thing happened....i doubt he will come around for a while....i shoulda gave him his money back and told him to get a dg!

short4stuff
08-06-2003, 03:14 PM
thats a sweet deal! what kind of trike do you have that you were racing him with?

Manny55
08-06-2003, 03:36 PM
lol haha nice story you should put that under the racing stories

speed20
08-06-2003, 03:57 PM
lol......all i have is a 1984 200x with a .050 over wiseco piston, uni air filter, dg pipe/jet. well actually i have 2 200x's....but 1 is under construction

Kilborg
08-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Dg or cobra, money is spent on nothing more then a cheap oem replacement with minimal gain. Keep his money, tell him he needs either a bigger bike or real engine work and good boltonons (ie: not dg).

short4stuff
08-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Dg or cobra, money is spent on nothing more then a cheap oem replacement with minimal gain. Keep his money, tell him he needs either a bigger bike or real engine work and good boltonons (ie: not dg).

good boltonons ????????? Like?

MR ATC
08-06-2003, 04:09 PM
I tell you.....some older people are cool as heck.....but some are also ditzy as heck!!! ok....I raced the 200sx and won by about 6 car lengths....thats 75$.....so he says ill be back in about 45 minutes...hes going to put his COBRA pipe on it....so i wait at my friends house for him....and he finally comes back and wants to race for 75$ again.....same thing happened....i doubt he will come around for a while....i shoulda gave him his money back and told him to get a dg!

if you think the outcome was the result of him having a COBRA pipe and you having a DG pipe then you should use the money you won towards an education.

i will say this again COBRA designed DG's pipes

pipes do NOT increase your speed

short4stuff
08-06-2003, 04:19 PM
pipes do NOT increase your speed

Then what does??????

I want to know parts that will increase top-speed[/quote]

atcpunk107
08-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Smaller rear sprocket,carb,larger front sprocket,have it bored more,.Stuff like that but the better of the choice that is cheaper is the sprockets they will do a good amount of differanc but they arent as dangerous as a bore job or a larger carb becaus you dont hae to tune it up and risk the horrible sound of boom.Just my .02

speed20
08-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Ok Mr. ATC, not to start anything....but i wasnt saying my dg pipe is what beat him....i beat him because i have more power/weight ratio, and a worked motor.....and i have 1 question...If Cobra designed DG's pipes....why do cobras suck so bad??? why do the baffles fall out and such...you would think if they designed other pipes....they would work on their pipes before someone elses.

86ATC250r
08-06-2003, 11:59 PM
lol cobra sucks, DG sucks there the same.....dg stands for DONT GET......u know why? b/c they dont do a god damn thing other then make noise and piss people off......i can build my own god damn dg/cobra/rcm and what ever else names they have pipe by taking a well sharpened hacksaw and cutting the end of a stock exhaust off....you would also get about the same power gains...*cough* NOTHING

i have a 2001 banshee.......it ran 77mph bone stock

added pro-circut pipes and silencers and rejetted the carb and it runs 81 mph on pavment at top end speed

my friends 2003 banshee ran 75 mph bone stock

added fmf fattys and it ran 79 mph on pavement top speed

so who says pipes dont increase speed.....and yea i relize they make u get there quicker but why is the bike going faster top end speed? and yes i relize u are talking about 4-stroke pipes.....i hate 4-strokes and i have no idea how there pipes work b/c i will never own a tractor sounding POS in my life....sorry i had to vent

speed20
08-07-2003, 12:21 AM
From my gatherings.....all atv's come from the factory DETUNED (not capable of exceeding maximum speed/power without modifications......However....I stand right by DG pipes....I have YET to see a DG shoot its glasspack or whatever out....but i have seen around 4-5 cobras shoot out....It really doesnt matter what the majority rules.....whatever pipe you like is what pipe you like! ;)

86waterpumper
08-07-2003, 09:55 AM
I laugh everytime I see these posts about DG and Cobra pipes, and people saying that they add absolutely no power, etc. To begin with, I will say that obviously they aren't the best pipes out there in construction, or for adding power. I will also say that they many times are obnoxiously loud to the point of a bleeding eardrum. However, for many machines, they are THE only pipes offered, not everyone rides around on a 250r or 350x only. The point is they DO add power to some extent. I do not believe that they add power across the entire rpm range, but mainly on the top end, but power just the same. Case in point, my friend put a complete DG system on his 350x. This included the silencer and a larger headpipe as well. Now from where I'm sitting, when one has to increase the main jet size on the carb two sizes to keep the bike from running lean there is some reason for this. What is the reason? Increased flow through the pipe. If you are getting more gas in, and more exhaust out, you are making more power, end of story. If Dg were simply a oem replacement, then obviuosly the headpipe would be the same size in diameter as the oem. I see tons of people on these boards and elsewhere saying that they use a hybrid system made up of a DG headpipe, with supertrapp end, etc etc. Obviously most everyone finds nothing wrong with the DG/cobra headpipe, they just don't like the tail end section for whatever reason it may be, I figure this reason is mainly the noise.

short4stuff
08-07-2003, 10:50 AM
I agree with 86waterpumper if you need to put more gas in the cylender than there must be some kind of extra power coming out.

ATC crazy
08-09-2003, 12:09 PM
Nicely said Pumper....some machines only have those 2 to choose from.