PDA

View Full Version : Subaru o2 sensor help

fabiodriven
10-27-2009, 12:47 PM
So I've got a 96 Subaru Impreza with a 1.8. I need to replace my o2 sensors but I have come across a little issue. Some places I look have one part# for both the before and after cat sensors. Other places have two different part #'s for the two different applications. Now here's where I get the red flag- The "good" companies like Bosch, Walker, and Nippon Denso all list two different part #'s. The "crappy" companies, like the things you see on Ebay, all list just one part # for front and rear sensors. I'm not talking about universal sensors either. I don't like those and would prefer not to run them. I typically will spend more money to do the job right, I'm not one to cheap out on parts. I just would like to know how some companies can sell a multiple application sensor and some can't.

leviblue
10-27-2009, 02:17 PM
I've got a 94 and an 05 and I'm allways at a loss when it comes to their motors. Subaru loves me everytime I drive in the lot. I've allways just went with Subaru parts or what ever the part they can get. My 94 Impreza Outback Sport is the best car/tow veheicle I've ever had. Sorry I don't know the anwser but I just let the mech run with it

fabiodriven
10-27-2009, 03:42 PM
That's OK, thanks for the response.

It's funny that you say that about towing with these cars. I've had some serious weight on my trailer and I cannot believe how well this car tows. It's just a tiny little thing, but it tows like a fricken truck!

K87_250ES
10-27-2009, 03:51 PM
According to alldatapro.com a 1996 AWD 1.8L SOHC uses the same sensor front and rear and it only has 1 part number listed. OE p/n is 22690AA220.
Why do you need to replace the sensors? Do you have a check engine light with this code or does it have an O2 light?
The reason I ask is my 89 Amigo had a O2 light that came on at 80K miles and the only fix (from the service manual) was to move the bulb to a different socket in the cluster, and then it would come on in another 80K and then you remove the bulb and leave it out.

fabiodriven
10-27-2009, 05:59 PM
My check engine light is on, and the codes are for o2 sensors. That's funny that alldata says that because like I said, the good brands list 2 different ones.

litebulblsc
10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Just because you have an o2 dtc, doesn't mean the o2 sensor is bad. If it was the one before the cat, it could have sensed a lean or rich condition caused by something else. If it were the one after the cat, the cat could be bad.

J.D.
10-28-2009, 06:27 PM
In that case fabio....I'd probably just go to the dealer for the parts. It'll probably cost more but saves headaches in the long run.

tanks350x
10-31-2009, 08:51 AM
So what you are saying John, your Subaru has got the FLUbaru again? :lol: :lol:
Or is it the Swine FLUbaru this time? :lol:

fabiodriven
10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Alright, Roy, Alright. Hahaha. I just got two Nippon Denso sensors, both the same part # and put em in. I'monna throw it on the computer Monday and see if the codes are gone.