PDA

View Full Version : need to vent

MagicJames
10-29-2009, 12:22 PM
i trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro HATE where i work sometimes

my company is a cash in - cash out business

we do over 2 million dollars a year in business, but for some idiotic reason, cannot afford to pay our employees on time.

i get a call from the office today, telling me that they are delaying payroll till Monday.

Usually not a big deal, but they told us that 2 weeks ago ( i get paid bi-weekly) that it would be the last time, as we just got a big contract 2 months ago, and the money is starting to roll in.

Is this legal? Can they delay giving out our checks?

THE PART THAT PISSES ME OFF THE MOST?

that last time, my bike payment came out, and i over-drafted, i asked the company to pay the $33 overdraft fee, and they said, yeah no problem that's the least we can do. ( I'm a supervisor and do a lot more than all the other dipshits that work for us) I ask them to write me a check for $33 on the following Monday, and they tell me basically to trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro off, and they never said anything like that.

I'm really close to quitting, but it's hard to find somewhere to work that is so flexible with school, and i can also do homework and be on *cough 3ww *cough *cough, sorry... I get paid decent for what i do, write my own schedule, and work 50+ hours a week...

BUT CAN'T GET PAID ON TIME...

and..

I asked for a raise 6 months ago, they told me 2 months ago they would give me a $1 raise. I thought awesome, that's perfect... So i get a call from the office again, and they tell me that instead of a raise they're going to give me insurance. Sure, fine whatever, don't really need it because I'm a young strapping lad...

Come to find out, the only reason that they said anything about adding me to the insurance instead of giving me a raise was because if they add me to their insurance, the rates for the company will go down a little over $10,000 a year.

THAT'S SOME BULLSHIT

it's been 2 months since i was given a raise, haven't seen a dime yet, and still don't have insurance. NOR am i getting paid on the regularly scheduled payroll specs.

Thanks, i appreciate that.

SYKO
10-29-2009, 01:18 PM
i

I'm really close to quitting, but it's hard to find somewhere to work that is so flexible with school, and i can also do homework and be on *cough 3ww *cough *cough, sorry... I get paid decent for what i do, write my own schedule, and work 50+ hours a week...

BUT CAN'T GET PAID ON TIME....

in this day and time shut up and put up is all I got to say.:beer

Erics350x
10-29-2009, 01:19 PM
No its not legal and a call to the labor board will stop that crap. Well, as far as the late pay.

jeswinehart
10-29-2009, 01:21 PM
and Indiana employers are only required to pay once a month if they so choose to do so.

john

SYKO
10-29-2009, 01:21 PM
No its not legal and a call to the labor board will stop that crap.

true but I would rather have a late check that is good then one on time that my bounce, ive had that happen and it sucks!:mad:

oldskool83
10-29-2009, 01:25 PM
tell this to trailprotrailpro boss, better yet humal resource person. and dont trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about your work over the net if your at work.

harryredtrike
10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
you can start looking for a new job,but haha there's not alot out there right now.sounds like your company has a liquidity problem.

Macs
10-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Right now you just have to bare with it. i was suppose to get a $10 raise last may. Did it happen? Nope! am i going to gripe, hell no. I am lucky to have a job and understand why they cant afford to give it to me. As far as checks being late, it happens. alot of times customers do not pay there invoice on time. At my last company 95% of the invoices had to be paid to make payroll. Several times i got a loan from the company's bank to make payroll. if it happened twice in a month, checks had to be late cause i couldnt do back to back loans. What was i suppose to do? Grab money from the money tree?

LonesomeTriZ
10-29-2009, 02:31 PM
I here locating a job in MI is not very easy. I know how it si I am out of work and cannot get hired to even sweep floors. As mush as it would kill me inside, I would just put up with it while looking for something else.

Then when you do, burn the biulding to the ground...

Saul
10-29-2009, 02:40 PM
in this day and time shut up and put up is all I got to say.:beer

well that wasn't very nice at all. :( A month or so ago I gave you some advice about 'work' and was sincere about it & not only didn't you like it, but as a result I got banned.

*sigh*

MagicJames - it seems to me like the people you work for are pretty shady my friend. I know your job has it's good points - but - if you feel you can find comparable work elsewhere maybe you should look into it. From what I've read you might log a 40 hour work week soon and come to find they might not wanna pay you at all. :(

MagicJames
10-29-2009, 03:03 PM
These are all good points, and I will keep putting up with all the BS, and keep my job.
I just needed to vent. After typing that and listening to Metallica for the last two hours made me feel better.

Sorry if i upset anyone, i just needed to get my frustration out in a non destructive manner.

SYKO
10-29-2009, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=Saul;797753]well that wasn't very nice at all. :( A month or so ago I gave you some advice about 'work' and was sincere about it & not only didn't you like it, but as a result I got banned.

*sigh*

[QUOTE]

get your mom on speed dial saul and cry to her! My job problems are totaly differnt and when someone wants to complain about having a good job that has a few minor flaws then I dont have any sympathy for them, Magic im glad you cleared your head homie becouse at least you got something going for you right now good luck.

oldskool83
10-29-2009, 04:04 PM
i just needed to get my frustration out in a non destructive manner.

could of just beat your sheit lol! :Bounce

Dirtcrasher
10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Sounds like there in financial despair and hangin on as long as they can?? Many times we think the company we work for is doing great then you get called into a meeting and told there closing down.

It's terrible that many of us are "2 paychecks from bankruptcy" but thats the situation many of us are in right now.

All I can say is try to build up a bit of a buffer in your checking account to cover yourself. These are the toughest times I've seen in my entire life and be glad you have a job.....

LonesomeTriZ
10-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, it is not good out there. A lot of people who have no business going into Law Enforcement are doing it becuase they cannot find anything else. That makes it tough for people like me. Plus, it puts the real cops at risk.

jb2wheels
10-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Welcome to the real world. You work for them, they can screw you as long as you let them - until you quit or sue or both.
How bad do you need the job? Can you get another if you quit?
Are you feeding a family with your paycheck or just paying for your own toys and food?
Your options shrink when you start a family.
Best thing you could do is quit and figure out a way to start your own business before you have real responsibilities.
Sorry - on a rant today...

Thorpe
10-29-2009, 11:55 PM
Hell boys... I got laid off almost 4 months ago... Spent 8 years working for that place... Worst part (finacially) is that I have a 7 month old little boy... It is a rough time to find a job... I start school Jan. 11! I cant wait... If you dont like the stink you are in, make a change brother....