PDA

View Full Version : Local Honda dealer vent

cox
11-06-2009, 05:05 PM
I called looking for a carb kit for a 89 350 fourtrax, this is my local Honda Extreme dealer. They pretty much laughed at how old it was and kept saying how i need a new machine cause its so old:lol: . I was like trailpro trailpro trailpro trailpro you, guess i shouldnt bother asking about the three wheelers either. what a joke, they can kiss my trailpro trailpro trailpro. No one in this area will help me out with parts for those "Death Machine" three wheelers. They say i should get a new machine, there was a reason they stopped making them:crazy: . Ill tell you that they wont see a god dam penny of my money......:TrikesOwn

300rman
11-06-2009, 05:17 PM
I hate dealers. the guys at Honda East are pretty cool, but you better bend over and grab your ankles if you want even a can of chain lube.....

atctim
11-06-2009, 05:19 PM
obviously they are really dumb dealers - a sale is a sale - do they think mark-up of parts goes down once a machine gets so old? Actually is seems the very opposite. Who are they to tell you that in this economic climate. morons!!!!!!

leevarnado
11-06-2009, 06:11 PM
we have a atv shop done the road that wont work on any bike older than 10 years,im like wtf.

RoscoW
11-06-2009, 08:04 PM
That must really suck, I've got two old time dealerships here that help me anyway they can, last week I made a phone call looking for a relatively expensive part for my R, they said there were three available in Canada and I ordered all three:naughty: , over the phone, without an up front payment or even a deposit.
I'm sure there are good and bad ones out there. I know I won't set foot in our local Honda Powerhouse again, same as your experience.

Ross..

SYKO
11-06-2009, 08:08 PM
there is a local shop that I use as well they love working and fixing older machines. When one of my machines is done I usualy take it by the local honda dealer since they know me and let them all check it out, most of the salesmen there arnt even old enough to ever see a three wheeler growing up! lol

fabiodriven
11-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Our local Honda and Kawi dealers suck, especially the Kawi dealer. They get a smirk when you tell them you have a trike. Not a good smirk either. I can tell they're thinking I'm some yokel with a bunch of junk. The truth is if you put one of those clowns on a trike they wouldn't last 5 minutes.

hublake
11-06-2009, 08:27 PM
I must be one of the lucky ones. My Honda dealer goes out of the way to help me. I get as much stuff as possible from them, even though it might be a bit more costly. They help me, I help them.

tecat-z
11-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm lucky too. My Yamaha dealer loves all of my 3wheelers, and will order anything no matter how difficult the search. Even as far as cross referencing parts through the yamaha dealer network. My local Honda/Kawasaki dealer is also great, and loves my 3wheelers too. I could see how having uncooperative dealers would make it difficult to purchase items, not to mention frustrating. We're helping the dealers stay open after all. No matter how old, or how many wheels a machine has.

cox
11-06-2009, 10:53 PM
I just dont understand why they wouldnt help me, im giving them business. what else do they want???? lol

code200k
11-06-2009, 11:01 PM
my local yamaha dealer rocks. it is an older couple that run it.. awhile back i brought in my 200k to get looked at, the guy send leave it here and stop by in 2 days.. when i came back he re built the carb for 10 bucks.said something about using a banshee carb part for it,crap i cant member. all i know is that my trike ran great...my local honda/kawasaki dealer and even polaris are completely rude when it comes to trikes and price in general

ditchmud
11-07-2009, 09:50 AM
Syko hit the nail on the head when he said most of them aren't old enough to remember 3 wheelers.:lol:

My local dealership treats me good. They even helped me ship a trike across the country for a fair price. They kind of snubbed me at first about trikes but like the old saying goes "Money talks and B.S. walks"!

I spend most of my money at the smaller part stores where they know who you are and glad to help. In Toledo go talk to Louis at PR racing;)

honda250sx
11-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm lucky. I work at my dealer and happen to work parts and service. LOL. To boot i know all surrounding dealers in all makes. So i am able to get cost pricing on everything I touch. Its fantastic.

daniel_250r
11-07-2009, 11:13 AM
the local kawi dealer in my area is useless if i ever walk in there again it will be to spit in the salesmans face. then theres the yamaha dealer, great guys who actually want buisness. i asked for parts at the kawi dealership and without even opening a book or looking it up he said no.

inv3ctiv3
11-07-2009, 12:33 PM
We have a honda dealership here that has been ran by the same guy and the same mechanic for the last 40 years! They are amazing, they joke around with me for having 3-wheelers but they always help me and will always get parts.

Yamada
11-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I ordered parts at both the local Honda and Yamaha dealer. Both times it was more around $150-$200 worth of parts for my 3 wheeler. They only asked for a deposit. But it sucks to wait after back ordered parts. I waited more than 2 months for my big red front sprocket.

MTS
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Deal with Scona locally for old honda stuff cox, They often still have the old stuff on the shelf still, there down on whyte ave.

1984ATC200S
11-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I must be lucky too, my Honda dealer is great to deal with, has no problems ordering/finding parts, i even go there for sled parts, it helps they use to be a ski-doo dealer, but i even got parts for my Kawasaki invader.

4cfed
11-10-2009, 09:29 PM
the big dealer here is.. pro motor sports they deal in just about everything

honda, yamaha can am ski doo sea doo kawasaki..

they always seem to be good with me.. needed a jet for my 200x and the guy i talked to looked it up to make sure it was the right jet cost a bit... 10 bucks for one jet ( jets for my old blaster were 4 bucks each)

there decent for most stuff.. they wont work on the 3 wheelers any more but gave me the contact info for a guy that retired from there and he still works on the 'vintage stuff'

oil is pricey i was payin 8 bucks for a 16 oz bottle of pro honda hp2 but ya get what you pay for!!

for most stuff i go to a place called mill road off road.. he deals with everything old and new he will fixit or get parts for it!!

i recently found a guy that sells parts both new and used out of his garage. he has 5 200x's and had parts for them.. ebc brake pads and clutch kits for 200x's and a big parts cataloge for 200x parts

zppeacock
11-10-2009, 10:56 PM
My honda dealer, thinks its cool that I restore/fix/ride the older atvs/bikes and atcs. They always help me find parts and order them. They might not have much of what I want ever in stock but they will always order it for me if its available still.

jeffs250Russell
11-10-2009, 11:44 PM
I think the guys who smirk at you. dont even own anything worth havin.12 kids, bills out the butt. In credit payment hell..etc....LOL

oldskool83
11-11-2009, 01:22 PM
i dont use dealers, unless its for grips or grip glue or boring a cylinder.

everything else i order online via bikebandit.com

how ever 1 dealer i use is a husky dealer, i konw the guy, hes cool orders me anything if i happen to be in the area and wanna spend money.

rdlsz24
11-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Local dealer here near my work never says anything good or bad when I order parts for my trike. I think they are just glad to have the business. Just another sale to them.

I took my 200x swinger in there over the summer because a bearing race was stuck in it so bad and I was tired of beating on it. They had some new tool that broke it out in a minute and didn't even charge me for it.

Rob

Triple B!
11-11-2009, 10:22 PM
I just dont understand why they wouldnt help me, im giving them business. what else do they want???? lol

What they WANT is to convince you that you really do have just a piece of junk laying around your garage, and that you should finance a brand new machine through them so they can make a few thousand dollars in the process... :crazy:

instead of making a good customer out of you and getting your lasting business.

4cfed
11-12-2009, 12:21 AM
called pro today for the o ring to go between the carb and intake on my buddys 200x..... 19 bucks!!! thermostat gasket for a buick olds pontiac 3.8 FTW!!! fits perfect!!!! a little thick but it works great! and it was $2!!!

code200k
11-12-2009, 12:24 AM
called pro today for the o ring to go between the carb and intake on my buddys 200x..... 19 bucks!!! thermostat gasket for a buick olds pontiac 3.8 FTW!!! fits perfect!!!! a little thick but it works great! and it was $2!!!

thats some mighty good cross refrencing..btw how did you find this out

4cfed
11-12-2009, 12:37 AM
thats some mighty good cross refrencing..btw how did you find this out

im good friends with a guy that works at advance auto parts here.. and i get free rien behind the counter if the boss in not there... they had no o rings that would fit so i was looking at thermostat gaskets and the buick olds pont 3.8 looked close.. so we opend the package and its almost a dead fit.. it fits nice and snug in the groove on the carb.. but its a little thick like i stated but it fits good.

put it on the 85 200x tonight and she fired on 6th kick ( no gas in the carb when i started kickin)

its a felpro? gasket.. if anyone wants the part number for it let me know, alot cheaper than threw a dealer or online and its a 'rider quality part' not show room correct but it will get you on the trails!