PDA

View Full Version : Production Rule

this guy
11-07-2009, 06:12 AM
The lamest thing to ever hit the trailpro trailpro trailpro in'sport!!!!!!
I am a firm believer in the idea that there is that machine and set up that just works best for each person. So limiting racers to current machines really screws with a lot of geniunely fast guys. I would love to see the old 250Rs compete with banshees and 450s. To make things more interesting, just make everything open class, I've seen guys on 125s that walk away from 450 and 250 guys like its no big deal. I would have loved to run my old LT500R in organized races with the 450s, that would be quite a show!! Anyone for a 2006 YZ450F vs a 1981 Maico 490? 350x vs 400ex, LT500R vs Tiger 500, built 1994 XR600 vs built 1998 KTM300EXC (already won that one with the old 600)
I would love to open a magazine to read how some wing nut on a 1985 tecate wipped the floor with all the factory rides at a national race.:D :D

deathman53
11-07-2009, 10:02 AM
its not gonna happen and it if did, the four stroke would win. Several years ago there was a shoot-out between a 330 250r and ltr450-stock. The ltr won, they claimed it did everything better. But, the riders much rather preferred the 250r, funny, huhh? It was later revealed that the 250r wasn't running right , I forgot why, it was something real stupid that 10 minutes would have fixed. It sounded like a "setup" against the 250r to make it lose. I could just see how bad the trike would lose against a quad in new magazines, half the test riders probably never rode a trike or haven't in 20 years!!!! The pro production rule is the help the MANUFACTURES AND NONE ONE ELSE, they do this, so the current model is shown being raced, so it sells during the week. If the field was full of 250r and 250r hybrids, nobody would buy a new bike. There is 12-15 yr old riders who don't know what a 250r is!!!!! I got looks from people about my trikes, they had no idea they were ever made or what they are. They looked at my trikes and 250r's like they are alien spaceships.

brapp
11-07-2009, 11:48 AM
i comp-letly agree with the whole thign you had said deathman you got it right ion the nose down to the young kids not knowign what a tecate or a 250r even is.

Saul
11-07-2009, 12:23 PM
It's all about factory support. No racer want's to shell out 10-15k to make a quad 'race ready' when they can just hop a new 450 and have the factory and aftermarket companies give them all the parts they need, for free, to go racing.

A person would have to have really deep pockets to keep a TRX250R 'race ready' every weekend for a full season, on their own, with no factory support.

Now if you're talking about the 250R ATC - that's just a whole nother can O' worms I guess, personally I could only see an ATC rider being utterly embarrased on a modern MX track against the new 450 quads.

Back in the day they put Jimmy White on a Tecate trike VS Gary Denton on a Suzuki quad - we all know White was a master trike rider who could, would and did push his trike as far as a trike could be pushed. Denton slaughtered him in every event. It wasn't even close.

It would be kinda cool if Trikes had their own class, a sorta throwback to the old days if you will, but I wouldn't wanna see them be embarrased by putting them in a class with quads. All it would do is show the weakness and limits of the trike design as compared to it's 4 wheeled counterpart - I guess it would, however, end the silly 3w vs 4w debate.

deathman53
11-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I have that issue, I posted it on year some years ago. White wasn't beat too bad, he was always edged out when he just abut caught up, he could turn faster, but the 4 wheeled always beat it, everytime.

this guy
11-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm just saying the option should be available. I mean look at the MX world, McGrath used the 1994 CR250 frame the whole time he was with Yamaha because he was comfortable. They just painted it blue to make it look legit, or like when I did my rounds at the track there was a guy who would absolutly howl on his 1984 YZ250 that would keep up with tedesco and Josh Grant and he didn't even have disc brakes. Out in the desert when all my friends were on XR650s I was faster on my old AL Baker XR600R, I like they way they make power and handle better(low seat height wide fluffy too, a super strong low to mid hit and perfect suspension), the 650 felt like riding a fat horse that wiggles alot all of them do.

Saul
11-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm just saying the option should be available.

I agree. The option should be there.

this guy
11-07-2009, 08:22 PM
In all fairness to Jimmy white, he didn't have the most reliable machine and Gary Denton could be fast on anything, even a poorly trained sheepdog.

dcreel
11-07-2009, 09:00 PM
In all fairness to Jimmy white, he didn't have the most reliable machine and Gary Denton could be fast on anything, even a poorly trained sheepdog.

Oh snap.. was that a tecate dig?! He won on them didn't he?

Derrick Adams
11-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about? They have all sorts of open classes in the ATVA. The only class your kept out of is Pro Production. Who cares?! To say you can't come out and compete on your Banshee is incorrect.

Now we all know three wheelers are not allowed anywhere near an ATVA event. Not saying mine won't come out of the trailer this year for some pit riding though. lol

jason85atc250r
11-08-2009, 07:23 PM
like derrick said above you can run any class BUT pro class with a 250r, banshee. or a old hybrid 4 stroke.

factoryX
11-08-2009, 07:25 PM
This correct, Yes you can still get a trx250r to race 450's no problem, if you go to trx250r.net you'll see people still racing and winning with these bikes. However, you will never again see a 3 wheeler in a pro ATV class. Did anyone see kintores frame thread? To even get these bikes in a current level ATV race you have to have a updated frame. The whole deal about 4 strokes being faster is dumb. The 250r and banshee motor is limitless on power upgrades, both for trail, racing, and simple trail riding. The banshee motor alone uncorked is around 70hp! The 450 motors stop around 65-70hp, any higher and you'll soon see why...The main reason people are riding 4 strokes is that they are rider friendly, and when rider friendly and racing start to mix you get something like nascar...