PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having pre-Friday 13th bad luck?

Hoosier_Daddy
11-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Two weeks ago I got a sever case of the flu.

Last week I had to have surgery to remove growth on my neck. (so far no news and no news in this case is usually good news)

Night before last. I broke my leg. My femur! That's right. My freakin' femur. The biggest strongest bone in your body. I dragged myself into the house and didn't go to the hospital til yesterday. the doc told me that he didn't know how I dealt with the pain for waiting so long to come to the ER. The problem is, I didn't deal with the pain. I felt like passing out or throwing up for the entire time!!

mike1979
11-08-2009, 09:56 PM
If I have to drag myself anywhere, I'm going to the hospital. :lol:

devilman
11-08-2009, 10:00 PM
mind us asking how you managed that one? sorry to hear about the luck.

MudBug
11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I know what you mean Hoosier Daddy, just this weekend, Ive gotten a dart bounce back and hit me above the collar bone, ripped my crankcase cover gasket :@ and I fell over the stairs earlier. :lol: But I have pretty bad luck anyway...

Hoosier_Daddy
11-08-2009, 11:01 PM
mind us asking how you managed that one? sorry to hear about the luck.
Believe it or not, I did it doing something I've done a million times throughout my entire life. I was in the bed of my 4X4 and tossing a couple things out. Instead of climbing down the back using the bumper, I just hopped on over the side. Somehow I came down just right that it shattered my femur at the knee joint. My knee is swollen to about 3 times or more of it's normal size and I can't bend it a millimeter without feeling like I'm going to pass out it hurts so bad.

Bryan Raffa
11-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Umm ok go to the Hospital,,, you need someone to tell you that?

Texas 200x
11-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Well tell them docs to prescribe you something STRONG! Sorry about your luck though that sucks!. Hopefully you'll be back and riding in no time.

Howdy
11-08-2009, 11:42 PM
This whole year has been like Friday the 13th to me. Can it get worse?

shortline10
11-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Believe it or not, I did it doing something I've done a million times throughout my entire life. I was in the bed of my 4X4 and tossing a couple things out. Instead of climbing down the back using the bumper, I just hopped on over the side. Somehow I came down just right that it shattered my femur at the knee joint. My knee is swollen to about 3 times or more of it's normal size and I can't bend it a millimeter without feeling like I'm going to pass out it hurts so bad.

Wow that really sux :eek: . I do that very same thing all the time jumping off the side of the truck bed. You got me thinking twice about it now .ouch
Hope ya feel better soon :D

Eric250R
11-08-2009, 11:48 PM

Howdy, one thing I've learned is that you never ask that question, :lol: Because yes, yes it can.

Hoosier_Daddy
11-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Umm ok go to the Hospital,,, you need someone to tell you that?The only reason I didn't go to the hospital right away is because it just happened and I figured it was just severely sprained (I mean, who shatters there bone by jumping out the back of a 4X4?) and then went to bed to rest it off. It wasn't until i woke up and couldn't move around without dragging myself around with a 2x4 that i realized just how bad it was. Maybe i just have a higher pain threshold then you? Everyone is different you know. So, I spent the whole day in the hospital because of it and i have to go back tomorrow for the orthopedics to asses whether I'll need surgery. Pretty sure i have it covered when it's time to go to the hospital.;)

Hoosier_Daddy
11-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Well tell them docs to prescribe you something STRONG! Sorry about your luck though that sucks!. Hopefully you'll be back and riding in no time.
They got me doped up on Percocet. I'm not much of a pill head and those things kick my arse!:lol:

This whole year has been like Friday the 13th to me. Can it get worse?This whole year has been rough for me too. Please good lord in heaven let things get better!

BTW Howdy, you sig is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Classic!

The Goat
11-09-2009, 12:40 AM
buddy, see if they can give you some meprozine. TRUST ME!

Hoosier_Daddy
11-09-2009, 10:24 AM
buddy, see if they can give you some meprozine. TRUST ME!lol I'll give it a shot.:naughty:

svtkeith
11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Look on the bright side man, your tank sold for way more than you were expecting.

Dirtcrasher
11-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Sorry to hear that HD!!

Be careful with those leg bones, you can pinch an artery and lose the hole friggen leg!!

85Tecate
11-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Man, sorry to hear about your injury....Ive also been sick (working on the 3rd week now)......It sucks, started as a bad flu, and now its tough to breath and my lungs hurt when i take a deep breath. Also i have a terrible cough that just dont go away.......If its not better in a couple days im going to the doc for sure. No insurance :(....I've missed 2 weeks of college because of this.

Triple B!
11-09-2009, 07:37 PM

Ditto!!!

I haven't broken any bones yet *crosses fingers* but between work-stress [that def stresses me out almost daily lately], financial issues going on, and family dilemmas, i dunno what to do but hit the deck emotionally.

Best thing to do is hold on tight, and count your blessings, Hoosier daddy!