PDA

View Full Version : Epic Amazing Weekend

300rman
11-08-2009, 10:30 PM
okay, so the weekend started out with us going to my favorite riding location, Ogemaw Sport and Trail center.
roll in friday night, and apparently he is in town, but i am skeptical, and was suppsed to show up and ride saturday.

well, sunday morning rolls around and were eating breakfast when a group of about 30 guys roll in from the trail, everything from Pastrana and his dad, to Hubert Rowland and a few other big names, to just guys that joined up on the state trails.

So i gear up and get out to the track, and start tearin it up with the man himself, and holy crap hes fast lol.

after that, we went and hit the trails and hit some hillclimbs, he signed my helmet, got some pictures with him and the rest of my group, and that was a day.

He is a really cool guy, down to earth, hes just another guy that loves the sport, and it was great because there was no press, and nobody was crowding him and trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. Just kinda hangin out, ridin and BS'in. It was Epic. :cool: heres a few pics! im in the white/black gear, and the other guy is my cousin.

It was especially great becuase of all the guys that was with him, only 7 guys ran the "impossible" hillclimb, 3 of em made it, and i was one of the guys that ran the hill, and I tried it twice, and Travis was giving me a few tips on what to do to run at the hill. It was a frickin dream come true, meeting and getting to ride with him.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/NightBiker07/Tylers%20pics/101_0771.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/NightBiker07/Tylers%20pics/101_0766.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/NightBiker07/Tylers%20pics/101_0753.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n313/NightBiker07/Tylers%20pics/101_0729.jpg

Bryan Raffa
11-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Cool Man Cool!!!!

MudBug
11-08-2009, 10:37 PM
well, its alot more fun than MY weekend ill tell you that! just kidding, thats insane that you got to meet travis himself. You should have asked him if he would let you in the compound :lol:

smokinwrench
11-08-2009, 10:52 PM
That is cool as hell. Just showed the pictures to my 11 year old and he knew exactly who he was and thinks your the luckiest ever.

code200k
11-08-2009, 11:08 PM
thats totally awsome..did you ask him to backflip a trike?or even mention trikes to him?

Bryan Raffa
11-08-2009, 11:14 PM
thats totally awsome..did you ask him to backflip a trike?or even mention trikes to him?

ya really... must have totally forgot about that:lol:

daniel_250r
11-08-2009, 11:19 PM
once in a life time opourtunity. you should have brought a 250r and see how he whips around on that

MonroeMike
11-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Very cool.

code200k
11-08-2009, 11:23 PM
once in a life time opourtunity. you should have brought a 250r and see how he whips around on that

i beleave he is currentlly trikeless

Eric250R
11-08-2009, 11:52 PM
very cool man, very cool.

300rman
11-09-2009, 01:07 AM
i beleave he is currently trikeless

correct.

the whole time all i was thinking was to haul ass on the track, and not eat trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. they were faster than me, and definitely had much better control in the jumps as far as whipping, but i was doing pretty good, better than most other guys that were joined in. another year or so on the bike, and it would have been much more closer i imagine. Hell, just layin laps with him, then goin back to the woods was cool as heck.

only reason i even ran the hill was because even though i knew i wouldnt make it, hardly anyone else was man enough to run it, and i figured screw it. i hot higher than most of the guys that ran it and failed, so i definitely wasnt the oddball out.

it was a total fluke, right place, right time, just showed up at the campground we happened to be at.

Bryan Raffa
11-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I would have chased his trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro with the Tri-Z:D

mopar_man
11-09-2009, 11:09 PM
That's awesome! I don't have the balls to try any of the stuff he does, I just do trail rides but I love watching shows on TV with that sort of stuff (Nitro Circus, X Games, etc.). Did you ask him his feelings on three wheelers? :lol:

300rman
11-09-2009, 11:55 PM
lol i was just trying to not trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro my pants!!

harryredtrike
11-10-2009, 04:09 AM
very nice weekend,i love when you meet someone you respect.

ATC-Eric
11-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Awesome! Have all the Nitro Circus episodes on DVR. Love it!

Dirtcrasher
11-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Why can't he come to Crasherland?? :lol:

Thats just simply awesome! Why was he in the area? He must have nown someone who knew that pit??

Did you remember to ask him if he would ever jump a 250R??

So, there wasn't ONE trike there for him to run :(

Great weekend regardless!!

ditchmud
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
That is totally awesome:beer

I have met Pastrana myself and he is a genuine class act. I've met Chad Reed, Ricky Carmichael, Bubba Stewart and a couple others and Pastranna was deffinitely the friendliest guy. I would Love to just kick it with him like you did.

I met him up at the MX at the silverdome back in the pits. He had a broken leg and wasn't racing that night. Everyone had pretty much headed in for the races when my son saw him out by the Suzuki trailer. My son ran over to him all excited asking for his autograph and his secirity gaurd was telling my kid to go away and that Mr. Pastrana was busy:( Pastrana says to the gaurd to chill out it's not like he had anywhere to be and took pics and sighned their stuff. He was soooo cool and my son still talks about him.

300rman
11-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Why can't he come to Crasherland?? :lol:

Thats just simply awesome! Why was he in the area? He must have nown someone who knew that pit??

Did you remember to ask him if he would ever jump a 250R??

So, there wasn't ONE trike there for him to run :(

Great weekend regardless!!

Travis has been known to ride the trails up that way, and when the owner of the campground heard he was in town again, he went and hunted em down, then when they got to Ma Deeters (restaurant in Mio) he invited him and the crew to come back to the campground and check out the track and hillclimbs.

they obviously came!

That is totally awesome:beer

I have met Pastrana myself and he is a genuine class act. I've met Chad Reed, Ricky Carmichael, Bubba Stewart and a couple others and Pastranna was deffinitely the friendliest guy. I would Love to just kick it with him like you did.

I met him up at the MX at the silverdome back in the pits. He had a broken leg and wasn't racing that night. Everyone had pretty much headed in for the races when my son saw him out by the Suzuki trailer. My son ran over to him all excited asking for his autograph and his secirity gaurd was telling my kid to go away and that Mr. Pastrana was busy:( Pastrana says to the gaurd to chill out it's not like he had anywhere to be and took pics and sighned their stuff. He was soooo cool and my son still talks about him.

yep, that sounds just like the Travis I met. Cool as heck, friendliest guy ever. just a typical dirtbiker that loves to ride and just so happens to be famous too.

and he didnt have security with him either, I think cause it was all riders, everyone was just cool. noone swarmed him, it was real casual. and Im pretty sure if someone got too out of hand, the regular guys like me would have became his security.

Dirtcrasher
11-11-2009, 03:26 PM
I know one thing is I'd ask him why he STILL choses 2 strokes over thumpers??

Just to see him on NC, you can tell he's not as dick. Very cool guy indeed!!

Count your lucky stars to have that weekend happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnny's X
11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
the past 5 years or so I have worked on the track crew on the super cross series. We would hit a few races here on the east coast. I met alot of the big boys. It was fun to go and meet eveyone. It is amazing to be less than a foot from them when they go by you. I highly suggest anyone to go to a race early and ask to help out on the track. Ask for big Jim and he will hook you up with tons. Awesome guy and a great group of people

300rman
11-12-2009, 01:22 AM
I know one thing is I'd ask him why he STILL choses 2 strokes over thumpers??

Just to see him on NC, you can tell he's not as dick. Very cool guy indeed!!

Count your lucky stars to have that weekend happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he was ridin a thumper on the track. except for the A/F cr500 that belonged to one of the guys he took for a lap or 2.

but, the reason they dont freestyle 2 strokes is cause in the air if they take their hands off the clutch and throttle, they will stall 99% of the time.

and a 2 stroke's motor is much better for hillclimbing. gets the required wheelspin much better than a thumper.