PDA

View Full Version : New camera

85Tecate
11-12-2009, 02:34 PM
So i bought a Olympus FE-46 12 megapixel camera last night for my girlfriends birthday present. I didnt have much of a problem buying it because now i can use it to take pics of my rebuild this winter :D. Its nothing special but has alot of good reviews and takes a nice video also. Here is a link to a video someone took with it. Not bad for 100 bux....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSF8j_cTbbA

Any thoughts?

mopar_man
11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I've got no experience with that particular camera but checking the specs and going by the price you paid, I don't think you can go wrong and Olympus makes decent cameras. I can't find much for reviews or user pictures from it though. You'll need to watch on the long end of your zoom that you don't get too shaky. Stay away from the digital zoom too. That makes for some terrible picture quality.

Rant on: I wish camera companies would focus on picture quality instead of packing as many megapixels into a small sensor as possible. My wife has a 10 or 12mp (can't remember which) Samsung point 'n shoot that I picked up probably a year and a half ago. The picture quality at 80 ISO is the same or less than my Pentax K100D DSLR (6mp) at 200 ISO. Crank hers up to 800 and it gets pretty piss-poor.

350Xccelerator
11-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Sounds like a sweet deal. I myself need a new camera, might have to check this one out.

85Tecate
11-12-2009, 08:14 PM
I've got no experience with that particular camera but checking the specs and going by the price you paid, I don't think you can go wrong and Olympus makes decent cameras. I can't find much for reviews or user pictures from it though. You'll need to watch on the long end of your zoom that you don't get too shaky. Stay away from the digital zoom too. That makes for some terrible picture quality.

Rant on: I wish camera companies would focus on picture quality instead of packing as many megapixels into a small sensor as possible. My wife has a 10 or 12mp (can't remember which) Samsung point 'n shoot that I picked up probably a year and a half ago. The picture quality at 80 ISO is the same or less than my Pentax K100D DSLR (6mp) at 200 ISO. Crank hers up to 800 and it gets pretty piss-poor.

I agree it seems like they just keep packing more and more bs into these cameras and not worry about the quality of pictures. Im hoping its a decent picture. My last camera was a bit cheaper i think 80$ and it had some VERY nice pictures, hopefully this is the same.

Then again, if they make a great camera and people buy it, they would probably lose money because noone will need to replace it! Who knows what these companies are thinking.