PDA

View Full Version : venison recipes

yamahaman89
11-12-2009, 04:00 PM
anybody got any good ones??

The Goat
11-12-2009, 04:06 PM
inject that backstrap with garlic butter and cayenne pepper then deep fry in peanut oil.

harryredtrike
11-18-2009, 03:27 AM
garlic and butter in a fry pan with onions,any cut is awsome

Thorpe
11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Mmm... I am getting hungry...

brapp
11-19-2009, 10:15 AM
TAKE THE LIGHTS OFF IT AND FRY IN JACK DANIALS AND WORCHESTER SAUCE

http://http://f459.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f53553%5fAFDHtEQAAVtrSwVPCArT8HZI6 C0&pid=2.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

piroguedog
12-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Chicken fry the tenderloin
if you fry the backstrap slice it thin
I like to cut the backstrap up into 2 in chunks and brown in an iron pot
a lot when u think you can't brown it any more, brown it some more! Keep it from sticking by just adding a splash of h2o and stirring frequently
throw in a chopped onion some sliced portobellas a few cloves of garlic and a finely chopped red bell pepper and continue to brown until all that is carmelized
the next step is most important! Pay close attention
go to the pantry and get your kitchen bouquet, gravy mix, corn starch, and any other gravy aid you can find
take all of those things and completely empty them into a sack
tie a knot in the sack and bring it outside and put it in the trash can!
Now once your added veggies are right put about 2 cups of cold water in the pot and bring to a boil. If you browned it right you should have a rich brown gravy. Keep it at a good but medium boil and cover but leave a crack.
Salt and cayenne and Louisiana brand or crystal hotsauce. Give it A couple hrs or long enough for a six pack which ever comes first . but don't boil out all the gravy serve on long grain rice with a side of speckled butter beans and smoked deer sausage.

ScottZJ
12-01-2009, 09:14 AM
What about ground deer? I have a few packages left and need something besides the norm....chilli, burgers and so on.

86trizinger
12-01-2009, 09:25 AM
I have a good recipe for the back straps:
-Cut the back straps up in 2 inch cubes
-marinade in apple cider for 2 hours
-then marinade in your favorite barbeque sauce for another 2 hours.
-Then wrap around it with bacon with a toothpick through it.
-throw it on the grill for a few minutes on each side.

I know it sounds strange but it really is good.. My brother hasn't given me any dear meat this year , he's been hogging it up.. He has gotten 3 already for bow season.

Ground venision makes a good meatloaf.. I don't have the recipe for that though.

bigred44
12-01-2009, 05:29 PM
What about ground deer? I have a few packages left and need something besides the norm....chilli, burgers and so on.

I always use up the grinds with those "just add beef" skillet dinners like stroganoff and lasagna since the quality of meat isn't that crucial with these dinners. Quick and easy to do. My kind of cooking.

Mosh
12-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Jerky,jerky, jerky..
If I had my way there would be 70 lbs of deer jerky at all times.
Actually, has anyone ever taken slivers of deer meat and made a deer steak and cheese sandwich?

Senator
12-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Jerky,jerky, jerky..
If I had my way there would be 70 lbs of deer jerky at all times.
Actually, has anyone ever taken slivers of deer meat and made a deer steak and cheese sandwich?

Yes. Your sandwich will be even better when you slow roast it then pull it like pork.

oldskool83
12-03-2009, 08:26 AM
i use to make it this way:

cut it up in small peices (like 1"x1" peices) fry it in the pan on the stove in some butter (just nuff when it melts the pan it coats)

let it fry a little and when the meat starts to release its juice just add a spoon full of brown sugar mix it all in and with in about 5-7 mins its all done!

cant get no simpler then that!

AutoXer
12-03-2009, 09:56 AM
I like to boil it in a pound of butter and a little water for about 30 min drain the liquid off then a little butter and garlic and onion MMMMMmm My dad had some bacon ground into his burger this year i can't wait to try that!!!

MagicJames
12-03-2009, 10:26 AM
The only way that I know, my buddy's dad puts ground venison in a 1 gallon bag and marinates with Worcestershire sauce, and other spices, then makes strips in the food dehydrator. It's not the best jerky I've ever had, but it is easy to make and is tasty when you're throwing beers back.