PDA

View Full Version : tool review

plastikosmd
11-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Well that time of year is coming. (xmas) I have always been fond of the leatherman type tools. I was that kid in junior high that had 3 pieces of wire, various pieces of plastic, a knife and a pair of needle nose pliers on me at all times. Ruined a lot of jean pockets in those days. Then the leatherman. I think mine is the wave model right now. Problem is it was always so heavy. Great when you are wearing a belt, not good to toss in your pocket. I wear a lot dress clothes etc. A cell, pager etc on my belt..to add in a leatherman it looks a bit silly. Along comes the Leatherman Skeletool cx. There are 2 versions, 77 bucks for alum, 100 for carbon fiber. While not as complete as a big leatherman, it has, needle nose pliers/wire cutter, blade 1/2 serrated, screwdriver with 4 tips and bottle opener. It has a pocket clip and only weighs 5 oz. This is the ideal stocking stuffer for your wife. When she throws it at you, it is light and will be worth taking off her hands, as she has no use for it. I got a tablesaw that way once. Anyway here is a link to it with reviews. In reading, it seems the cx has a few more minor differences..enjoy
http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-830850-Skeletool-CX-Multitool/dp/B000XU43IC