PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Honda Fourtrax 200sx

dajeepman
11-18-2009, 03:17 AM
Hey guys i just got a new to me 4 wheeler... for 150$ 1986 Honda Four Trax 200sx...

First off I now its a sports quad.. But can it be used for utility at all? I mean is it the same 200cc motor as in the TRX200 utility Quad? I'm hoping it has a low 1st gear.

thefox
11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't way it is a sport quad or a utility, rather is is just a good all-around. I'm 6'-3" so it is a little small for me but I still have a good amount of seat time on one as a fiend has one and I use it as the loaner quad when I go 3-wheeling.

My buddy has a trailer hitch and uses it to pull the lawn cart and 4x8 trailer around all the time, it does a good job.

SYKO
11-18-2009, 08:39 AM
yea it can be a nice little ultility racks are avail for them if you look hard enough I want one of those quads so bad for my daughter I cant see straight but can never find one around me any more, sounds like a good deal you got. For their size they are peppy I had one I rebuilt years ago and kick myself in the nuts now that I got rid of it.

dajeepman
11-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Well guy's i took it home to day and started to tear it down... its been setting in a barn for awhile over a year... the petcock leaks bad.. So im gonna call honda and get new ones. Im gonna order a new fuel line from the carb to the tank and the bottom fuel tank petcock and the superlong screw on the fuel shut off valve peckcock. Do yall think I need to order a carb rebuild kit?

ilmoakw
11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
For the price of a rebuild kit I sure as hell would... it's cheap insurance IMO>..

dajeepman
11-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Well i ordered some parts to rebuild the carb.. might have to order a rebuild kit on ebay since honda told me that they don't make them..

leviblue
11-24-2009, 01:43 AM
I love my 200sx!! got a yard cart from harbor freight and use it on the trails,pull logs, 18 ft trailer and plow. it's a great 1st ride w/semi-auto and ok sup. I've raced it on the trails with the bigboys and kept up no problem. It's like a TIMEX... takes a beating and flies through the air.