PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ideas for a five year old birthday party

LonesomeTriZ
11-19-2009, 10:35 PM
This is going to be the first birthdays sense my son turned one that I am home for. We would like to do something for him here at the house because we have a big enough yard. But we are kind of lost on what that should be. Normally his birthdays have been attended by our friends because he really did not have any. But now that he is in Pre-K he has lots of friends and we were hoping to have them over. We thought about having one of our horses there for rides, but some parents are stupid about that sort of thing. We do not have a big budget so I figured some of you with kids out there may have been down this road before and might have some advice.

smokinwrench
11-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Rent a blow up bouncer, they are cheap to rent and kids think they are great.

If you have nice weather a good water gun fight.

One of the coolest birthday parties I have ever been to was scavenger hunt, since you have a big area that could be easy to set up and put some of those cheap party favors in hidden areas for the kids.

LonesomeTriZ
11-20-2009, 08:25 AM
The last idea sounds like a good one. It is cheap and will keep them busy. Thanks.

johnny's X
11-20-2009, 10:26 AM
If its warm out we usualy do water games. The kids love it and it keeps them busy for hours. Get 4 bucket and two sponges. have then run from one to the other and try to fill it faster than the other team. Tie a balloon around their ankles and have them try to pop eachothers balloons. last one wins. Tons of games like that the age group loves. Google some things like that and you will be suprised how much fun they will have and it wont cost you a ton out of pocket. Little gift bags for the kids to take home and you are all set.

LonesomeTriZ
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
I think it is going to be too cold for water. The other stuff might work though.

Macs
11-20-2009, 12:35 PM
We just had our 3 yo's party. The kids ranged from 3 yo's to about 10 yo's. We rented a bouncy house and a helium tank. the kids had an absolute blast in the bouncy including some parents. then at the end of the party we started blowing up ballons and letting kids attach diffrent things to them from notes to army men and let them go. The kids really enjoyed the ballon part but i dont think my fingers have recovered from tying them yet. We let go about a 1000 balloons over the course of about an hour. For the tree huggers we even used biodegradable balloons.

LonesomeTriZ
11-20-2009, 12:38 PM
That does sound like fun, but too costly for our small budget.

oldskool83
11-20-2009, 01:02 PM
some kinda hunting activity in the woods? i went to one years ago for some kids b-day i was about 6 or 7. we ran thru creeks and dressed in army clothing and tried to hid from all the other kids, if we found each other we had to go back and sit at some guys porch haha.

it was basicly free.

LonesomeTriZ
11-20-2009, 01:53 PM
That would be cool. Then we can just leave the annoying kids out there.

85Tecate
11-20-2009, 03:56 PM
I like the idea of locking the kids in a closet and going to the bar. Sounds like a killer bday party to me!

LonesomeTriZ
11-21-2009, 08:03 PM
I am at that point.

harryredtrike
11-22-2009, 03:27 AM
just be with your kid and have fun,it doesnt have to be crazy or expensive.when they are young its easy.

Bryan Raffa
11-22-2009, 11:20 AM
get the mini Z out!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :w00t: and order a sheet pizza with Ice cream cake!;) kids at that age entertain themselves...like johnny said Games...

racerxxx
11-22-2009, 10:49 PM
We had a "farm" themed bday for my son one year. We played games out side (pin the tail etc.(animal themed games) then a pinata) We set up bales of hay in a circle and everyone sat around the circle and my son opened his gifts. When all that was done I took them for a hay ride behind my lawn mower with my utility trailer filled with hay (I could have just done the hay ride) they loved it! Bales are relatively cheap and you can make the games yourself.

LonesomeTriZ
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM
That sounds very cool. I wish we had a farm.

86trizinger
11-22-2009, 10:59 PM
A farm themed birthday is a great idea.. My kids would love that.. make it like a costume party as well .. Have the kids dress up like farmers..

We went to the dollar store near our house and got 2 ft long styrofoam airplanes for a little goody bag for the kids with some candy in it.. They never even played the games we made , they'd rather fly the planes..

LonesomeTriZ
11-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I like those planes myself. I might not want to give them up.

It looks like we have a plan now. Pulling it off is a whole other story though.

ilmoakw
12-03-2009, 09:40 PM
As long as you stay away from the catholic priest or Michael Jackson theme you should be good to go....

badasskfx
12-03-2009, 10:33 PM
dont forget the pinyata those things you hit with a stick and candy falls out.LOL

86trizinger
12-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Pinyata is the little boy down the street from me that goes to my son's school.. I don't think if you hit him with the stick much candy is gonna fall out, but I have been wrong before.

I think he wants a Piņata. lol I know there is candy in them.

LonesomeTriZ
12-04-2009, 09:20 AM
That is funny.

Last night my wife and I were trying to figure out where we can get an Obama Piņata.

mymint87
12-06-2009, 01:05 PM
http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=18318&highlight=fear+factor

:postwhore :postwhore :postwhore

LonesomeTriZ
12-06-2009, 01:53 PM
That was funny as hell. I think I know what we are doing next year.