PDA

View Full Version : Army guys??

200xkwit
11-20-2009, 01:32 AM
well fellas i finally joined the army like a dummy! lol im leaving in 49 days to got to fort sill oklahoma! then goin straight to ait in in fort leanerdwood missouri. So ill be gone for about 5 months or so....however i got a 20,000 sign up bonus and i get half of that when i get back from my ait plus all my active pay so ill have around 15,000 or so after taxes and im gunna get me a 350x! anyone else go through the army recently? my mos is a 21 echo engineer/heavey machine operater. so im kinda excited/nervous (as all hell) but i think im gunna like it. but even if i dont... ill have me a 350x when i get back! after selling my 200x and riding my couch of a grizzly it will be nice to fianlly get to ride a 350x. im gunna have to get me a truck also so hopfully ill finally be able to meet/join you guys at trikefest and drink some beers! hooah!

harryredtrike
11-20-2009, 05:38 AM
dont be nervous.its a great thing to do.only 1 percent of americans do it.be proud and stand tall.there will be days or weeks youll hate it and be many times you love it.just think,where else can you work 20 years and retire?not many places,and it goes fast too.good luck to you.

85Tecate
11-20-2009, 01:31 PM
/respect to our soldiers

I have a few friends in the army and i'll tell you what. They make it well in life... It takes alot of balls to fight for our country and its probably not worth the pay, but its not all about the pay. Its about the heart to defend our country. And you probably wont find a job that pays as well as the army with the economy the way it is. Ive personally heard the national guard or airforce is better than the army, but its personal choice. Props to you!

Bryan Raffa
11-20-2009, 09:54 PM
well fellas i finally joined the army like a dummy! lol im leaving in 49 days to got to fort sill oklahoma! then goin straight to ait in in fort leanerdwood missouri. So ill be gone for about 5 months or so....however i got a 20,000 sign up bonus and i get half of that when i get back from my ait plus all my active pay so ill have around 15,000 or so after taxes and im gunna get me a 350x! anyone else go through the army recently? my mos is a 21 echo engineer/heavey machine operater. so im kinda excited/nervous (as all hell) but i think im gunna like it. but even if i dont... ill have me a 350x when i get back! after selling my 200x and riding my couch of a grizzly it will be nice to fianlly get to ride a 350x. im gunna have to get me a truck also so hopfully ill finally be able to meet/join you guys at trikefest and drink some beers! hooah!

thats awsome man! Havent heard from you in a wile...good luck on the Service! Enjoy it.. and stay in touch buddy! keep us posted on your journeys!:naughty: :lol:

eyecekold1
11-21-2009, 04:48 AM
Good luck. It takes guts to go to the army, props for that. Glad its gunna help you get a 350x those are cool. I would be anxious/nervous to.

eyecekold1
11-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Good luck. It takes guts to go to the army, props for that. Glad its gunna help you get a 350x those are cool. I would be anxious/nervous to.

200xkwit
11-21-2009, 02:47 PM
hey thanks alot guys. Im sure ill like it but im still nervous as hell. well when i get back im gunna grab me a nice 350x and a truck and try to make it out to a trike fest. Ive never been to a trike fest always somthing popping up or i didnt have a trike worth a damn... well im off to work now guys take it easy:beer

hinddee29
11-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Congrats on you enlistment. It's a good time. Just remember basic is just one mind game after another. It's fun really they are paying you to do it.
The only thing I can say that is the most important is attention to DETAIL!!!!
one felt out boot lace can cause the platoon to suffer. Trust me get your room mate to get with it. If everyone has all of there equipment in the same places in the locker or where ever. It can't be out of place then.

the gas chamber and infiltration courses was my favorite. The confidence course was fun. Hand grenade boy tv doesn't do it justice.

Funny thing is the short time your going to be there, you will meet some people that you will trust more than just about anybody you know now. It's hard to explain, but you will understand soon enough.

I'll leave you with this. A saying you used to say in the armored cav.

You have been baptized in fire and blood and have come out steel!!!

AI-EE-YAH!!!! ( cavs version of hooah)

outtaline
11-24-2009, 12:16 PM
I hope you are in good shape if not start running and doing push ups the right way trust me I was there about 10 years ago good thing you are going in the winter time summers are 100 plus in that part of the country. If you get a chance say hi to dragons west for me.

ProCarbine2k1
11-25-2009, 02:05 AM
Congrats! I don't know anyone who regrets their service... I know that I don't regret mine. Good luck to you, and set some of that cash back for things later on.

devilman
11-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Congrats on the enlistment. make sure you get that money they promise you. it took my brother a long ass time to get his. it was ridicilous on how long.

you should have joined the Marine Corps though.:D

200xkwit
11-27-2009, 12:32 AM
lol i would have joined the usmc if they woulda gave me the same sign up bonuses and all that.... i think the army was the way to go for me anyhow though. i landed a good mos and will be able to use the skills in a civlilan job aswell... plus im trying to get somthing out of this and trying not to be a ground pounder ... although being able to say im a marine would be cool... bragging isnt my syle anyway. if i ever feel the need to be "bad ass" ill check out ranger school or sumthing but for now im content:beer

devilman
11-28-2009, 08:51 AM
All Marines aren't "ground pounders". i thought that also before i joined. we all have a little training to be, but i myself am an airport firefighter. i can definitely use this when i get out.
Anyway, I wish the best for you.

200xkwit
11-28-2009, 02:31 PM
airport firefigheter eh? that sounds pretty cool. o and i didnt mean ground pounders in a bad way... i have a few buddies that are/were in the marines. my buddy joe was in the fight for bagdad and fallusa.. hoever ever ythe hell you spell um. lol any way all 3 of them told me DONT DO IT" your gunna die you want to die? ther just looking for people to die! lol ... i might add that there all alittle screwd up now after they got back and are all 90% mentaly disabled and all that good stuff. so i said i wanted to be a marine and my one buddy looked at me and was like "i wanted nothing more then to be a marine but i wish i never did it"... well i guess thats what war will do to yea eh? well anyway good luck man take it easy...when i get back. im buying a truck a 350x and im goin to trike fest... o yea i guess i got to get a 250r and try my luck at raffas too.... lol those youtube vids look like a good time