PDA

View Full Version : Next TrikeFest location

hondaATCman
08-10-2003, 02:20 AM
Hey, I was just curious as to where the next TF is gonna be at. I definately wanna go!! Sounds like it would be so much fun. I also had a suggestion on where it should be located if the place hasn't already been set in stone. Place: Hatfield/McCoy Trail in Logan, WV. You haven't been riding until you've been to West Virginia! This place has over 400 miles of trails in like 4 or 5 different counties. They also say they have steep hillclimbs and everything so I guess they're not too concerned about getting sued for any injuries, maybe they require a waiver?? I read the rulebook and it says nothing about 3-wheelers, it says you can take any vehicle under 50'' wide. I will contact them and make sure its ok for trikes though, just incase. For more info, their site is: www.trailsheaven.com

hondaATCman
08-10-2003, 02:34 AM
Ok, here's the rules from their site. By the way, I'm still waiting for a reply from them.

What vehicles can we ride?
You can ride machines under 50" wide. We plan to include 4WD vehicles at some point. No date has been established. Mules, rangers, go-carts, dune duggies and rail buggies are not allowed at this point

What are the rules?
Obey all user rules (see the handbook)
Obey all signs, gates, and barriers.
Stay on marked trails.
Adult supervision is required for those under age 16.
Do not leave any trash or litter behind.
No fires. No camping on the trails.
No alcoholic beverages may be consumed or carried.
Display user fee permit at all times.
Drive or ride at a speed reasonable for conditions.
ATV operators must meet manufacturers’ minimum age requirements.
No passengers on any ATV – No exceptions.
Everyone must wear a DOT, SNELL or other approved helmet and protective eyegear.
Motorcycles and ATVs must have a properly functioning muffler and USFS approved spark arrestor.
Stop when signaled by a ranger.
Carry photo identification at all times.
Trail system is open from sunrise to sunset.

hondaATCman
08-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Ok, they allow trikes. Here's the e-mail I got back from them:

"Justin, we do allow 3-wheelers on our trail system. Thank you, Shannon
Orso"