PDA

View Full Version : Any Fatherly Advice

yamahaman89
11-30-2009, 06:30 PM
I just got back from our doctors appiontment and found out my girlfriend is dialated 1cm. Our son is due on christmas day. Any advice for whats in store for me :D

SYKO
11-30-2009, 06:34 PM
AWESOMENESS!!!

thats whats coming!!!

I wouldnt trade anything to miss one second of my kid growing up!

Thorpe
11-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Oooh... Its like nothing else on this earth... Its nothing short of awesome. You get to play with all your old toys again! (and its easy to justify bringing home small toys like Zingers and XR50's!!!)

LonesomeTriZ
11-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Um, a lot of poop and spit up. Other than that it is cool.

Macs
11-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Whatever you do, do not look down there during delivery!!!!!!!!!

yamahaman89
11-30-2009, 07:34 PM

Didn't plan on it!! lol I cant wait to play with my old toys again lol

cox
11-30-2009, 07:36 PM
lol, ask for a C- section first off. or a couple extra stitches, lol. Expect alot of poop, and i mean alot. This is what will happen for the first while.
Poop, eat, sleep, cry, repeat.....

:wondering

oh, and they do ALOT of this, :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:beer

LonesomeTriZ
11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
I watched when they cut my wife open and yanked my yougon out. I love telling people I saw a side of her no one else has.

shortline10
11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Don't expect to get any good sleep for the next 2 years :beer

wheelie king
11-30-2009, 07:46 PM
Don't expect to get any good sleep for the next 2 years :beer

Yes-- THIS.

But all BS aside, it's awesome. I love seeing stuff that's "totally me" when my daughter is doing something. It is cool to see a little bit of you in something so innocent and new. You'll love it.

Good luck and congratulations!!!!!!

Thorpe
11-30-2009, 08:27 PM

VERY TRUE!!! (BARF)

y2kane
11-30-2009, 08:32 PM
There are good times and bad times ahead of you. I hope your good times out weigh the bad. All part of being a "dad". Cherish the little moments as much as you will the big moments. Before you know it they grow up. Congrats and enjoy being a dad!

SYKO
11-30-2009, 09:20 PM

didnt bother me! lol everything fit better afterward anyway so no complaints.......:D

i58829
11-30-2009, 09:34 PM
nothing to worry about, once you have a healthy wife and baby you're all set. It's just like anything else in the world it can go from the best thing to the worst and back again all in a matter of minutes. Enjoy it while you can, ours are getting older now and can talk back and argue, they are a lot of fun before they talk, and i'm sure it wont get any worse from here on out...

Thorpe
11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
didnt bother me! lol everything fit better afterward anyway so no complaints.......:D

Oh man... Anyone feel something warm and squishy piling up around their ankles? :lol:

yamahaman89
11-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the support and advice guys :D My dad always told me to have them young so your not 50 going to a graduation. I'm 20 and going to be a dad and my father who is 36 is going to be one young grandpa. I'm just nervous i won't know what I'm doing lol but the best way to learn is hand-on i suppose

hancadam
11-30-2009, 10:32 PM

Didn't bother me at all either. I watched with both of my boys. With a 2nd one my wife said she was feeling pressure, I looked down and my sons head was completely out and she didn't even know. To me its really over rated as being gross.

Ours are 1 and 3. I am so excited about Christmas, we are getting so many new toys. LOL. They are a ton of fun. Make sure your wife breast feeds so she has to get up and feed. LOL. They first months or so are ruff, but well worth it.

Bryan Raffa
11-30-2009, 10:35 PM
ice cream in the fish tank,, Vaseline on the walls... and your brand new mower all apart when you got home from work....:lol: ......:eek:

86trizinger
11-30-2009, 10:38 PM
If she a c-section .. be prepared for the smell... It stuck with me for over a week.. Its been 8 yrs since my oldest son was born and I can still remember that smell.. Nothing like the smell of cauterizing flesh..

Either way enjoy it.. Its a great memory and bring a video camera like we did.. I still haven't watched the video but we have it just in case.

Congratulations.

And the poop isn't all that bad... its worth it!!

4cfed
12-01-2009, 01:25 AM
nick if you have any questions after the baby comes just text me!!!!

been there done that twice!!!! i watched and 'looked' down both times!!! lol.. my daughter was just born a little over two weeks ago,... dr asked my wife if she wanted to see the placenta she said now.. i go 'hey can you throw that on the grill for me medium rare please' ... everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and looked at me, and my wife and i started laughing cos she knew i was gonna say that lol!!

first 3-4 days expect ALOT of poop diapers, my daughter pooped what seems like every hour for a few days, where as my son pee'd alot ( and still does he gets that from me) hahahaha!!

its not all that bad, just get ready for late night trips to wallmart for diapers and wipes... and trust me when it comes to diapers dont buy the cheap ones... pampers or loves!!

yamahaman89
12-01-2009, 09:29 AM
yea i heave heard alot of bad news when it comes to parents choice diapers.

86trizinger
12-01-2009, 09:32 AM
You might as well buy stock in diapers now... They go through a ton.

And get some Balmex for diaper rashes.. It really helps when they have a rash. Its in a white and baby blue tube. Nothing like being prepared,

I would have a bunch of stuff for you but we just gave it away recently.

corndawg
12-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Yes-- THIS.

But all BS aside, it's awesome. I love seeing stuff that's "totally me" when my daughter is doing something. It is cool to see a little bit of you in something so innocent and new. You'll love it.

Good luck and congratulations!!!!!!

x2...its definently a whole new and life changing experience, your outlook on alot of things will change, but in a good way...my daughter is just over a year old now (she was born when i was 20) and man its crazy how fast time flies, it seems like just last week she would sleep for 2 hrs and be up for an hr around the clock..im man enough to say i watched the whole delivery and cried like a baby the first time holding her...its a great thing man, you got alot to look forward to

Tri-Z 250
12-01-2009, 10:37 AM
A basic but serious issue with the Ladies. Clean the House!! I mean scrub it down and make it nice for when she comes home. Go get the plug covers...prep the house for saftey....sure your 11-18months away from walking it makes em feel like you care. Don't always feel the need to buy new...trust me nothing wrong with hand me downs. This may be an issue with the female...for some reason they feel new is clean and best...Bleach, and hot water and soap disenffects everything. My opion on formula...if she doesn't produce milk is...Generic is the same and sometimes $10-15 cheaper with coupons your Dr. may push the more expensive brand. Ask for reasearch results that show a difference...there is none. JMO Best of luck

DixiePlowboy
12-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Been there five times.....and wish we could have another. I looked down....I cut cords. Why not? My wife is there going through it, doing more, going through more because I helped her get there.

Life will be much different. Sleep, as mentioned, will become more of a luxury for awhile. If you and mom work in shifts and help each other out it will not only go smoother, but you can become much closer for it.

A lot of first time parenting stress comes from either underestimating what you're facing, or over worrying(and over spending) ahead of time.

In all.....when your child is old enough to carry on a conversation with you, to ask you questions, to explain their ideas(some of which you'll wish you could have recorded:) ), it all comes together. Just remember....they'll not only learn from you even when you don't know they're paying attention, but they'll also teach you a lot about yourself. When the stress is on and you're wore out....you'll find out what kind of man you are.

Congrats and good luck!

johnny's X
12-01-2009, 11:05 AM
best thing that will ever happen to you! It is amazing to hold your creation in your arms. You will have a whole new look on love at first sight. At times when they get older you will totaly stress when you find that your little one got a permanet marker and decided to color on the newly remodeled bathroom. walls sinks toilet new jacuzzi tub. Trust me when people say you must not have been watching that is total BS. It only take the little buggers one minutes to totaly destroy 5 grand worth of stuff. WOW that day sucked. We looked back at it now and laugh so much. and that was only two years ago. haha enjoy man and congrats. 3 little ones in our family. daughter-8 son-5 daughter-3

Thorpe
12-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Oh yeah, and since its a boy, I highly reccomend one of these Wee Guards!

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=427777&parentCategoryId=85180&categoryId=117215&subCategoryId=117216&PIPELINE_SESSION_ID=4acbe2037f0000011bece6a171993f ad

Getting pee'd on sucks!

DeePa
12-01-2009, 01:01 PM
just be prepared to give your life to your baby...you're 20 and you dont realize whats coming towards you, but if youre not committed 100% you can ruin a life...

Mosh
12-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Some babies are different. But they all poop and drool ALOT!: lol:
Our first boy was mellow, slept well and really never cried all that much.
He has always been pretty laid back, and as he has aged he has become quite self sufficient.
Our daughter, now whole different story.
Always cried as a baby, was more of a problem in the terrible 2's,and to this point, she has made up for how easy our boy was on us...LOL

When they are young, they are not that much of a hassle.
Just be ready to load the car when ever you go somewhere. They always require bags on top of bags.
Both of ours are older now, and it is so nice to say get in the car kids,and not have to jockey car seats around.
They really get fun around 3 years old,when you can start involving them in things.
Now I coach my boys football team, my wife coaches the daughter's cheer team,and these are the times that are very fun.
It is amazing how smart they get, and fast they get that way.
It is just about to the point our 10 year old, knows just as much about computers as me..LOL
Oh yeah. Dont buy new furniture until they are older. They tend to trash everything.:D

Thorpe
12-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Prepare to be late for everything from here on out... Even if you have the kid ready and packed and set to go, your girl will be late...

DixiePlowboy
12-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Just showing off.....get your camera ready. You'll have plenty to photograph over the years.

A couple of my youngest posing on 3-wheelers, a trip to Helen, GA with 3 of them ....and the oldest's graduation day.

rdlsz24
12-01-2009, 05:28 PM
We have a 14 month old and another that will be here next summer. The time flies. Our 14 month old has been sleeping all night by herself in her room for a couple months now so we have been sleeping fine.

Rob

ilmoakw
12-01-2009, 09:50 PM
When that little sucker is born you will cry like a b!tch... if you have a soul that is LOL>.. Lots of poop and sleepless nights...cherish the days when the little fella can't really move around, when the walkin starts you're in for some fun!!!

The Goat
12-02-2009, 01:47 PM
I can't offer advice on fatherhood...I can say to make sure they don't overdo the husband stitches.

I dated a woman briefly who they stitched up too tight...sex won't be enjoyable for her for a long time if they do that.

My buddy's little girl just turned two...he says redbull is a gift from the gods.

SYKO
12-02-2009, 02:29 PM
LMFAO! @ husband stichez!!! I told them to let her rip! better fitment then! lmao!

85Tecate
12-02-2009, 03:54 PM
..sex won't be enjoyable for her

Sure, blame the STICHES!

The Goat
12-03-2009, 12:14 AM
when she bleeds after everytime she has sex because she's slowly tearing back to her natural size, trust me, she isn't happy about it.