PDA

View Full Version : Can't stand people like this...

MudBug
11-30-2009, 10:14 PM
we are all up to my friends on our quads and were just parked and having a chat. after a while I go sit on my buddys quad. its an 01 fourtrax 350, nothing special. out of habit I feel the throttle and there is like an inch of play until the cable does its job. so, being a nice friend, I go to adjust it for him, thinking in my head *how could he not have fixed this himself already* and as soon as I start twisting the adjuster on the handlebar, he goes "what are you doin man, f off" and without flipping at him I tell him that its too slack and not working right, he says "no man that dont mean nothing" which really bothered me because I know what im doing with bikes, especially easy things like that. and hes actually quite the opposite, but likes to think he knows everything.

any of you guys have weirdos like this for friends? :twisted:

200XMichigan
11-30-2009, 10:23 PM
I can't sit on anything and then get off of it before I adjust the barrels, if they are bad. At a yard sale one time sat on this old Honda 450 street bike, they wanted to sell it, told me it runs great but the front brake is really weak, I was like, "It shouldn't be anymore". It has so much play in it, but the indication make on the drum said the pads had lots of life. They were real happy though so it was cool.

MudBug
11-30-2009, 10:26 PM
I was really confused as to why he wouldnt let me do it. probably thought I would ruin his bike or something. this is the same guy who told me his 4x4 never had a differential :crazy:

Trimotomike
11-30-2009, 10:38 PM
some people are like that , but theres no reason to want you cables sloppy ...

200XMichigan
11-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Some people think they know way more than they will ever......a guy tried to tell me his Ford F-150 (stock) had a "double reinforced axle" in the rear. I tried to tell his the story of Ford axles, that they used a 9 inch up till the late seventies or earlier 80's and that it was great, but his truck had an 8.8 and was nothing special in terms of axles, but he insisted it was double reinforced cuz once he buried it to the frame in a pile of wood chips and the axles didn't break....at that point I gave up trying to explain anything mechanical.

dajeepman
11-30-2009, 10:52 PM
pretty funny stuff right there.

trizmoneypit
11-30-2009, 10:54 PM
next time dont adjust his breaks.. he'll learn to keep his words to himself after he smacks into something. :D j/k of coarse.. but i know the type....

4cfed
11-30-2009, 10:58 PM
sooooo he thinks he knwos his stuff?? but he isnt even gettin full throttle out of his 350?? must scare him huh??? lol

oscarmayer
11-30-2009, 11:08 PM
why be friends with an idiot?
i have to deal enough with them at work, why be friends with one?

Jim mac
11-30-2009, 11:15 PM
sometimes its easier just to leave well enough alone and let the guy ask when he needs help. What I hate is when you go to help someone on something simple and the part that your working on is so trashed that when you go to help, it breaks and the owner expects you to fix it for free. Jim

R-N-D
12-01-2009, 01:21 AM
That's why I say nothing and do nothing. I let people say what they want whether they are wrong or right. In most cases, wrong but I say nothing anyhow. It's not worth the time nor trouble to try and correct them or tell them different. I also keep my hands to my own things, because you know with friends like that, or so called friends like that, you'll be the first to blame if something goes wrong, even if it has nothing to do with you or what you did or attempted to do. I just roll with the punches and keep my thoughts and opinions to myself. Much Happier that way.

harryredtrike
12-01-2009, 02:04 AM
never argue with an idiot.youll have to get on his level and thats not too cool.

Racerguy381
12-01-2009, 02:05 AM
Thats almost as good as the cops and there KZ1000 clutches.... I worked in a Kawasaki dealership for 6 an a half years. We did so many KZ1000 clutches for the county's police bikes we kept all the parts in stock. All the officers started complaining the clutch was too tight when they got there bikes back. Turns out they like them with sooo... much slack in the cable. That way they can slip the hell out of the clutch when they take off after someone speeding.... Plus in training they get taught to excessivly slip the clutch and ride the brake to balance.... No wonder we always had to replace the rotors pads tires and clutches every 4500 miles. So we just let them whine and say see you next year lol.

300rman
12-01-2009, 02:52 AM
any of you guys have weirdos like this for friends? :twisted:

nope. cant stand idiots. I will tell someone they are a moron, and to GTFO of my face and dont speak to me. .

reminds me of this guy that borrowed my roommates truck. "i swear its 4wd, i had the front tires spinning". okay moron, go point out to me the front drive axle, transfer case, or even a 4wd selector switch. "its all automatic man, i had em spinning" :rolleyes:

Zach
12-01-2009, 06:40 AM
I was a mechanic for almost 10 years, and I cant tell you how many stupid things I heard from people. The thing that always bugged me the most is someone who obviously knows nothing about mechanics arguing. Your "friend" sounds like an idiot move on to someone with more brains and only 3 wheels...

DixiePlowboy
12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
I know plenty of people that have no mechanical inclination. In a situation like that, I'll just casually bring it to the person's attention and let him either adjust it himself or I'll offer before I do anything.

Throw out the info and offer once and then forget about it if he doesn't care or understand.

MudBug
12-01-2009, 03:09 PM
when he said "that dont mean nothin" about it being loose, is what really bothered me. he actually thinks he knows what hes doing and when he comes to my garage when im working on my trike engine hes like giving me dumb suggestions like last week: "paint the top of your piston, it will look sick!" i dont even begin to know what to say to that one. but hes probably going to be stuck in high school for the rest of his life anyway, so maybe he'll learn something in that time, or at least learn to shut up if he dont know what hes talking about.

ScottZJ
12-01-2009, 03:17 PM
You think the situation would have been different if you would have asked him about the loose cable and offered to adjust it for him? Sometimes there are people that are just weird about people touchin their stuff. So maybe that was what really bothered him that you were messing with it, without permissions? Hmm still very odd no matter what the reason hehe.

MudBug
12-01-2009, 03:24 PM
no its not like that, even if i asked him he wouldnt let me do it. but hes the type of guy who'd bring it to a shop and pay $50 dollars to get it adjusted. hes scared of his own stuff is the problem. he never does any maintenance to the bike, hes scared to check the oil :D

ditchmud
12-01-2009, 05:34 PM
When you are constantly blowing by him because he's only getting half throttle just sit back and laugh. I wouldn't touch anybody's machine if they don't ask me to and I don't even like doing it when they do ask!

MudBug
12-01-2009, 06:53 PM
. I wouldn't touch anybody's machine if they don't ask me to and I don't even like doing it when they do ask!

I'm the same way except for when its something thats this basic. thats the stuff you learn on pedal bikes when your 8, adjusting the brakes. hahaha

ditchmud
12-01-2009, 08:30 PM
I get what you are saying but if the throttle cable breaks anywhere in the near future then a moron like that will blame you. That's all I'm saying.

A lot of times the "good samaritan" get's the shaft by the one that he tries to help. Just for an example: My cousin calls me out of the blue because he is having problems with his truck and knows that I will help him out. While checking under the hood I wiggled the upper radiator hose and the darn thing broke off at the radiator tank. The bung on the radiator tank (plastic) broke right off. There was evidence of this happening before and some jackhole glued it back together. I have no idea how it lasted that long. To shorten the story my cousin expected me to get his radiator fixed because i broke it! I couldn't believe my ears. I showed him how it had been glued and everything and he still tried to blame me. Well I quit working on his truck right then and haven't really talked to him much since then. That experience put a stop to me working on stuff for people.

MudBug
12-02-2009, 07:01 AM
so its not only me who know people like this :D :lol: